The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi JudgeEden, you sent me a message saying that you don't consider masturbation as being wrong. Sorry for not answering you in private but I want to share this with all the people that, like you, don't consider it wrong, and go to the path to hell by practising it.

I know where you are and I want to show you love and support because this sin has taken me too, but I am struggling against it. Yes, it is a sin, even if the Bible doesn't state it, because there is a lot of things the Bible doesn't state and that's why you can easily loose yourself, there's where Church Tradition comes in. Church Tradition is, along with the Bible, the final authority in the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman-Catholic Church, because it consists on the things that were not written on the Bible but they were transmitted via oral teachings through the Church until today, those churches share it because they were united. Yes, masturbation is sinful, all the priests will descourage you from it, all the saints would discourage you from it because it is LUST, lust is sinful. Imagine staying before God masturbating, do you think He would appreciate it? Wouldn't you be ashamed before Him of it? When you touch your mind is full of dirty images, the worst imagines and the most horrible desires of the humankind comes to you just to produce a sinful and egoist pleasure. Let me tell you a story, I once was with my little cousin (4yo) watching TV, and he suddenly was rubbing his belly and legs to the floor, I didn't know what he was doing (Later I have read that at that age some hormones start working or something like that and it is normal), but then he looked at me ashamed and yelled: Why are you watching me?!... Do you see that even a little boy knows it is shameful? God has put that into our hearts, we know what is sin and what is not even from little ages.

So I discourage you from doing it, even if it's hard, my priest told me that when I'm tempted I have to make postrations and read Psalms, particularily the Psalm 51 and ask Christ to help you, because if you do it with all your heart He will never let you away, and please, get rid of masturbation, I understand you, but you will see that God will help you :D

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,570.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't a man objectifying his wife be considered sinful? (He no longer sees her or respects her as a human being, but an object)

Like Greg said.
The problem is, intercourse is a type of communion, even Holy Communion. It would be like taking it and NOT eating it, but playing with it. It is performing the act minus communion.

Upvote 0