Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sorry NaLuvena, I maybe taking advantage of how you are wording what you are saying, I apologize. I know you believe Jesus had to suffer and die and rise again from the dead in order for us to be saved. But my main point is, Abraham was under his own covenant, Moses and the Hebrews were under theirs. Once Moses covenant took effect the Abrahamic covenant no longer was in effect. Now that Jesus has come and gone, we are under the New Testament. It is very similar to the covenant that Abraham was under accept with the New Testament, faith in Jesus Christ is by way we are accounted righteousness and it is by his blood that we are healed. When the New testament took effect, both the Abrahamic and Moses covenants were no longer in effect.

That of course is not to say that all three covenants are not incorporated together. We will all share in Abrahams inheritance through faith, not one letter or stroke of the pen will disappear from the law, and it's by Jesus' shead blood that puts it all into effect.

It seems like you are saying that you believe because your ancestor did not know about Jesus Christ he automatically fell back under the Abrahamic covenant. I don't know, I really don't think that is how it works, I maybe wrong, I don't know everything and still have alot to learn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I see myself failing in is your logic ;)
Just because your ancestor was not privy to what John said about testing the spirits does not at all make what John said untrue or exempt from the principal. It is a standard principal of how humans should deal with the supernatural, whether people know of it or not.

Your ancestor did not know about it so he went along with the message of the halo. But now that we are involved in this we can put the halo to the test. I have and I see it failing the test. Anyone or anything can claim to be God, that doesn't make it true.
I never said that what John said was untrue, I said it's not fair to expect people who lived in 16th century Fiji to expect to know that they were required to "test the spirits". As you and I can see this, surely God would see this and make allowances for it.

Also, I pointed out that I do not know everything that transpired between the parties at that time. Whether it told tham of Christ or not, I do not know. All I know is that they never knew it's name, which happens a lot with angels who carry messages from God to men.

I'd test the "halo" if I could. However, it's no longer around now.

Again, the halo neglected to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and because that is the most important message that this being could have told him, when it failed to tell them I therefore say it refused to tell them.

I look at all the other cases where people, non-believers who never heard of Jesus Christ, who saw visions and or talked directly to God, in every case it was Jesus who spoke to them. He identified himself as Jesus Christ, claimed to be the Son of God and that He had died and rose again as a payment for their sins. hundreds of Muslims in the middle east are recieving these visions. There is no middle man, there is no halo, there are no missionaries, there is no being saying that He is the supreme power and creator of the universe. There is just Jesus giving a simple and straight message of salvation. Any time a supernatural being fails to do that should be looked upon as very suspicous and false.
True. Again, I must plead ignorance. It could have told them of Christ, it might not have. However, in the mind of a cannibalistic Fijian warrior, that would not mean much. What would impress such a person would be to say that it was a power that had never been defeated.

If you read the 7 letters to the 7 churches in Revelation Ch 2 & 3, you'll notice that the name Jesus is never mentioned once there. Rather the descriptions that are used are "These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands (Revelation2:1 to Ephesus) or "These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David" (Revelation 3:7 to Philadelphia) or "These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation." (Revelation 3:14 to Laodicea). The closest one I think is the greeting to Thyatira (Revelation 2:18) "These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze." This would be like similar to a voice from a "halo" saying " These are the words of the power that can never be defeated".

Therefore IMO, for you to say that because the being never identified itself at any time, makes it the Devil/evil spirit is not always true.

Ok, I see where you are coming from. :)
Romans 4:3, What does the scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.

And this is what allowed Abraham and his descendants up to the law of Moses to go on to heaven once Jesus paved the way. I agree that when the New Testament started we all basically fell back into the Abrahamic covenant of faith brings you to righteousness, but acceptence of Christ has to be the thing that binds that together for those living in the new testament. Abraham didn't need Christ, all he needed was his faith.

I disagree. The Abrahamic way of faith has always been the way to go to Heaven. Even the giving of the Law did not nullify this.

Habbakuk 2:4

See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous will live by his faith

Even during the time of Moses, until Jesus came, the way was still that of faith. This has never changed, from the beginning.

Opps, I didn't say anything about it being the central most pivotal act in out salvation, although that is true, there's a difference in what I said. I'm talking about the event itself. Now that Jesus Christ has come and gone and has started the New Testament, all people afterwards are in need to know about it. All peoples before the event were not in need to know about it. Abraham only need his belief in God to be credited with righteousness. Moses and the Jews up to the event need to observe the law and ordinances in order for salvation. All people after the event needs to acept Jesus Christ as Lord and savior in order for salvation. It's a pivotal point in histroy. They all were before the cross, we are on the other side of the cross.

I see everyone on the same side of the cross. The side we are on is the side all sinners are on. To get across to the other side, takes faith, in God and His savation, in the sacrifice of His Son for us. We all need to know about Jesus, because as you quoted, He is the way. There is no other, irrespective of when you lived in history.

Well then what did Jesus suffer and die for then if all we need is faith and trust and nothing more? Again:
John 14:6, Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You're telling me that Jesus is not the way, but our faith and trust is. Sounds like a works based salvation to me. :scratch:
Sorry, I'm not articulate enough ;)

Jesus is the Way. I have no doubts about that. What I'm saying is that all you need to is faith, adn faith in God, that He will save you. Even if you don't know the name of the Saviour you are praying to, that is enough.

A.W Tippet, an American missionary who died in 1977, tells of an island in the Pacific, where the people had been devasted by a long period of continuous warfare. One of the man from this island, was at another island, and heard of the move of God in Tonga, where the entire nation became Christians in 3 years, and all warfare ceased. He wanted this for his people, but all he could find out was that this new faith, worshiped a god called Jehovah, and did not do any work on Sunday, but prayed.

He went back to his island, and told all the people, in a meeting of this new faith, and how it had stopped the warfare in Tonga. They all agreed to try it, and on the next Sunday, gathered in the village green, dressed in the very best, to worship Jehovah. Being pagans, none of them had the faintest idea of how Jehovah was to be worshipped, so this man went to their witch doctor, and dragged him to the village green, where everyone was waiting. He told the witch doctor "We want you to pray to Jehovah for us". The witch doctor replied and said "Why? I don't believe this 'Jehovah', and I don't want to worship him'". The man then told him " If you don't, we will beat you up!" So the witch doctor prayed, under duress, the funniest prayer I have ever heard. He said "

"You the god Jehovah, I offer this prayer to you, on behalf of these people. I do not believe in you, and I don't want to worship you, but these people will beat me up if I don't pray to you for them. Hear their prayer I offer on their behalf."

That was the end of the first service.

Two days afterwards, a canoe, carrying Tongan missionaries from the newly founded church in Tonga, beached at this island. The missionaries were heading to another island, but ran into a storm, and were blown off course, and when the storm let up, saw this island and decided to head for it, and restock. The islanders saw it as the answer to the prayer of a pagan witch doctor, and converted as one to Christ, the witch doctor included.

My point in all this is that even those who do not know anything more, but have a yearning to be saved can be saved. God's hand is not to short to save, my friend.

There was a Muslim man called Sihdique who gave a testimony that one night as he lay sick and dying on his hospital bed in Damascus, he prayed to Allah and said "God, if you are out there, please save me. I don't want to die." He then continues and says " A bright light suddenly shone on me and a voice said ' I am the God of the Christians. I have healed you, for you are to spread my good news to your fellow countrymen'. " He was healed and got up, and the doctors were surprised to see him walking and asked how he was healed. When they asked what Allah did, he said "No it was not Allah. I prayed and Allah did not come to save me. Muhammed did not come to save me. The God of the Christians came and healed me." They have since, because of his testimony and preaching of the good new, exiled him from his country. If you're interested, PM me your address and I will send you a DVD of his testimony. the funny thing was, when this DVD was on sale in Fiji, the Muslims in our country would buy them in bulk and burn them, because they did not want the news of an ex-Muslim becoming a Christian, with such a powerful testimony, getting into the hands of others.

It wasn't important for them to know about Jesus Christ because they were all under different covenants. there was the covenant with Abraham, the covenant with Moses, and the New Testament. All three are closely connexted but different all the same.

And if all we need to do is trust in God then Jesus never had to go through what He had to go through. If only you were there to stop him from going to the cross, He could have saved himself alot of suffering.

This is taking too long and I'm only half done. I'm taking a break!

We need to trust God, that He will save us. Jesus is the Way God has chosen to save us. If we trust, God will save, even if we have no knowledge of the means of salvation. Not knowing how God saves will not disqualify anyone, for God can reveal that knowledge to those who want to be saved.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I never said that what John said was untrue, I said it's not fair to expect people who lived in 16th century Fiji to expect to know that they were required to "test the spirits". As you and I can see this, surely God would see this and make allowances for it.
And I didn't say those people should be expected to know, so I am not treating them unfairly. ;)

Allowances? Testing the spirits is not a law, it's a principal that governs how we should deal with the unknown. God is in no possition to make allowances for people who do not use the principal.

Actually, seeing that God knows that these people didn't know about this principal is all the more reason for him to simply acknowledge Jesus Christ. It would've saved them from having to test him.

Also, I pointed out that I do not know everything that transpired between the parties at that time. Whether it told tham of Christ or not, I do not know. All I know is that they never knew it's name, which happens a lot with angels who carry messages from God to men.

And the only reason why I am willing to keep going with this is because you are saying that my logic is flawed. I don't believe it is flawed at all. I told you that since you don't know for sure whether this halo told them about Jesus Christ I was willing to drop as I can't really debate an unknown thing. Yet you put me to the challenge.

I assumed that the context of our debate here was that of in case this halo did not acknowledge Jesus Christ. I'm only playing along.

I'd test the "halo" if I could. However, it's no longer around now.
You don't need the halo to be around now in order to test it, all you need is the correct story of what it said and test it to scripture. Originally this is why I said I would not argue because you don't know the correct story yet you still want to say my logic is flawed. John says any spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus Christ is an anti-christ. From what I do know of the story I have said I have a problem with it, and lean heavily towards this halo not being who it said it was.

If you read the 7 letters to the 7 churches in Revelation Ch 2 & 3, you'll notice that the name Jesus is never mentioned once there. Rather the descriptions that are used are "These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands (Revelation2:1 to Ephesus) or "These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David" (Revelation 3:7 to Philadelphia) or "These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation." (Revelation 3:14 to Laodicea). The closest one I think is the greeting to Thyatira (Revelation 2:18) "These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze." This would be like similar to a voice from a "halo" saying " These are the words of the power that can never be defeated".
The churches were christian churches, not pagan churches. The people in the churches were all christians, they already heard of Jesus Christ, there is no reason for Jesus to be acknowledgeing himself as these people already heard the gospel and knew him.

Your ancestor never heard of Jesus Christ and therefore did not know him. It was incumbant that if the halo was God that He address himself properly and tell him who He was.

Therefore IMO, for you to say that because the being never identified itself at any time, makes it the Devil/evil spirit is not always true.
Revelations 3 does not apply.

I disagree. The Abrahamic way of faith has always been the way to go to Heaven. Even the giving of the Law did not nullify this.

Habbakuk 2:4

See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous will live by his faith

Even during the time of Moses, until Jesus came, the way was still that of faith. This has never changed, from the beginning.

I truely don't know what to say...I'm flabergasted and exhausted at the sametime.

You can't compare OT saints to NT saints, you just can't.

Jesus is the Way. I have no doubts about that. What I'm saying is that all you need to is faith, adn faith in God, that He will save you. Even if you don't know the name of the Saviour you are praying to, that is enough.

This I can agree with! :clap:

However, I'm back to my original arguement. If the halo was truely God, there was then no reason whatsoever to keep the name of Jesus Christ a secret from your ancestor. No amount of reasoning to dispell that will change my mind. No amount of OT stories of OT saints will reason away the fact that it is through Jesus Christ we are saved and if it is Jesus Christ who is speaking to you, and if He was speaking to your ancestor, he would've told Him who He was. Not give him some mystical story of being the God of the universe and that others will come to fill in the blanks, which were very, very extensive.

A.W Tippet, an American missionary who died in 1977, tells of an island in the Pacific, where the people had been devasted by a long period of continuous warfare. One of the man from this island, was at another island, and heard of the move of God in Tonga, where the entire nation became Christians in 3 years, and all warfare ceased. He wanted this for his people, but all he could find out was that this new faith, worshiped a god called Jehovah, and did not do any work on Sunday, but prayed.

He went back to his island, and told all the people, in a meeting of this new faith, and how it had stopped the warfare in Tonga. They all agreed to try it, and on the next Sunday, gathered in the village green, dressed in the very best, to worship Jehovah. Being pagans, none of them had the faintest idea of how Jehovah was to be worshipped, so this man went to their witch doctor, and dragged him to the village green, where everyone was waiting. He told the witch doctor "We want you to pray to Jehovah for us". The witch doctor replied and said "Why? I don't believe this 'Jehovah', and I don't want to worship him'". The man then told him " If you don't, we will beat you up!" So the witch doctor prayed, under duress, the funniest prayer I have ever heard. He said "

"You the god Jehovah, I offer this prayer to you, on behalf of these people. I do not believe in you, and I don't want to worship you, but these people will beat me up if I don't pray to you for them. Hear their prayer I offer on their behalf."

That was the end of the first service.

Two days afterwards, a canoe, carrying Tongan missionaries from the newly founded church in Tonga, beached at this island. The missionaries were heading to another island, but ran into a storm, and were blown off course, and when the storm let up, saw this island and decided to head for it, and restock. The islanders saw it as the answer to the prayer of a pagan witch doctor, and converted as one to Christ, the witch doctor included.
Wonderful story, I don't have any problems with this at all but I praise God for it!

My point in all this is that even those who do not know anything more, but have a yearning to be saved can be saved. God's hand is not to short to save, my friend.
I understand your point and agree with it. I however don't agree with a story of God showing up as a halo and never acknowledging jesus Christ.

There was a Muslim man called Sihdique who gave a testimony that one night as he lay sick and dying on his hospital bed in Damascus, he prayed to Allah and said "God, if you are out there, please save me. I don't want to die." He then continues and says " A bright light suddenly shone on me and a voice said ' I am the God of the Christians. I have healed you, for you are to spread my good news to your fellow countrymen'. " He was healed and got up, and the doctors were surprised to see him walking and asked how he was healed. When they asked what Allah did, he said "No it was not Allah. I prayed and Allah did not come to save me. Muhammed did not come to save me. The God of the Christians came and healed me." They have since, because of his testimony and preaching of the good new, exiled him from his country. If you're interested, PM me your address and I will send you a DVD of his testimony. the funny thing was, when this DVD was on sale in Fiji, the Muslims in our country would buy them in bulk and burn them, because they did not want the news of an ex-Muslim becoming a Christian, with such a powerful testimony, getting into the hands of others.
Alright, I admitt, you finally got me there! :D

But at least saying "I am the God of the Christians" is better than saying nothing except I am God.

I'm going to look this story up.

We need to trust God, that He will save us. Jesus is the Way God has chosen to save us. If we trust, God will save, even if we have no knowledge of the means of salvation. Not knowing how God saves will not disqualify anyone, for God can reveal that knowledge to those who want to be saved.

You and I do not have a difference in this.

My turn to tell a story, although I'm not as articulate as you.

A lady a couple of years back had a vision of heaven and an angel was giving her a tour. They came across a large group of people, mostly children but not all, and they were loudly praiseing God and jumping up and down and really into it. The lady looked up at the angel, for he was very tall, and asked who these people were and why were they so energetic. The angel told her that these were the muslims who cried out to God in their distress during the great tsunami!

Whether the vision was true or not I don't know but I believe it could be.

Look NaLuvena, my only problem is that of the halo.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I didn't say those people should be expected to know, so I am not treating them unfairly. ;)
As you agree that they cannot be expected to know, I rest on this issue,

Allowances? Testing the spirits is not a law, it's a principal that governs how we should deal with the unknown. God is in no possition to make allowances for people who do not use the principal.
Law or principle, my point, my friend, is that you cannot hold lack of knowledge of law/principle against anyone. After all the bible says that those who are without the law will be judged apart from it.

Actually, seeing that God knows that these people didn't know about this principal is all the more reason for him to simply acknowledge Jesus Christ. It would've saved them from having to test him.
Sounds logical to me.

And the only reason why I am willing to keep going with this is because you are saying that my logic is flawed. I don't believe it is flawed at all. I told you that since you don't know for sure whether this halo told them about Jesus Christ I was willing to drop as I can't really debate an unknown thing. Yet you put me to the challenge.

I assumed that the context of our debate here was that of in case this halo did not acknowledge Jesus Christ. I'm only playing along.

You don't need the halo to be around now in order to test it, all you need is the correct story of what it said and test it to scripture. Originally this is why I said I would not argue because you don't know the correct story yet you still want to say my logic is flawed. John says any spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus Christ is an anti-christ. From what I do know of the story I have said I have a problem with it, and lean heavily towards this halo not being who it said it was.

Then I must apologise, because I have been saying that I did not know if they were told of God's Son or not. I had a "pre-conceived notion" of where you were coming from, that, apparently, is not what you were basing your arguments on. Consider the challenge withdrawn :)

The churches were christian churches, not pagan churches. The people in the churches were all christians, they already heard of Jesus Christ, there is no reason for Jesus to be acknowledgeing himself as these people already heard the gospel and knew him.
Not true, because the testing of the spirits principle applies to Christians as well.

Your ancestor never heard of Jesus Christ and therefore did not know him. It was incumbant that if the halo was God that He address himself properly and tell him who He was.

Revelations 3 does not apply.

I disagree, but I will agree to disagree with you on this point. :thumbsup:

I truely don't know what to say...I'm flabergasted and exhausted at the sametime.

You can't compare OT saints to NT saints, you just can't.

Why, pray tell? The same laws apply to both, the same way is open to all who will be saved, we all have one Saviour, we all need to believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, we will even be resurrected together?

What makes the OT saints different from the NT saints? Only difference I can see is chronological, but if that was a differentiator, then we could be different from Paul. I do not see any reason why there should be a difference, because we are all equal in God's Kingdom, OT and NT alike.

This I can agree with! :clap:

However, I'm back to my original arguement. If the halo was truely God, there was then no reason whatsoever to keep the name of Jesus Christ a secret from your ancestor. No amount of reasoning to dispell that will change my mind. No amount of OT stories of OT saints will reason away the fact that it is through Jesus Christ we are saved and if it is Jesus Christ who is speaking to you, and if He was speaking to your ancestor, he would've told Him who He was. Not give him some mystical story of being the God of the universe and that others will come to fill in the blanks, which were very, very extensive.

Wonderful story, I don't have any problems with this at all but I praise God for it!

I understand your point and agree with it. I however don't agree with a story of God showing up as a halo and never acknowledging jesus Christ.
Again, I disagree, but I will agree to disagree with you on this point. :thumbsup:

Alright, I admitt, you finally got me there! :D
But at least saying "I am the God of the Christians" is better than saying nothing except I am God.
True. Except it said I am the power that has never been defeated.

I'm going to look this story up.
There was an interview of this gentleman on one of the US Church channels a few years back. I'll try to find out more, if you so wish.
You and I do not have a difference in this.

My turn to tell a story, although I'm not as articulate as you.

A lady a couple of years back had a vision of heaven and an angel was giving her a tour. They came across a large group of people, mostly children but not all, and they were loudly praiseing God and jumping up and down and really into it. The lady looked up at the angel, for he was very tall, and asked who these people were and why were they so energetic. The angel told her that these were the muslims who cried out to God in their distress during the great tsunami!

Whether the vision was true or not I don't know but I believe it could be.

Look NaLuvena, my only problem is that of the halo.

When you put it like that, my only problem is with your idea that people who do not know about 1 John 4, are expected somehow to test the spirits.

That said, I do not see that as a mountain, more like a molehill. I'd say we're good...unless you have any other "preconceived notions" ;)

Nice exchanging ideas with you, and again, thanks for the civility. Do not lose that trait of thinking outside the box, my friend. There is more of God to be found outside than inside, after all, what else would you expect of a omnipresent God?:D

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello..
Where would we be without the Bible, as far as what we believe to be our foundation, and thoughts about God? And out fundamental beliefs?

Think about the oldies,
Moses had no previous text to write or quote out of.Abe believed the “voice”.
What did they trust?

Think about if you did not have a bible,
but experienced your same conversion,but had no written word to test,or refer to about more truth.

If It was pure spirit,or voice or presence only! Nothing else to go by, or ask others about. A land where there were no Bibles..

Sobering thought..

What do ya think?
Yes! - Many of us :) started our mortal sojourn, without any awareness of any "Bible", never heard about "GOD, prayer" etc.

Yet GOD wrote into each soul, his Autograph & His laws; and this is how the "oldies" (Abraham, Moses, Paul, etc)
KNEW = converted, & trusted. - And the same is true for all others of us, as young children.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not true, because the testing of the spirits principle applies to Christians as well.
But Naluvena, think about what you are saying compared to the point I have been trying to make. The verses you quoted out of Revelation was a revelation by Jesus to John. In the first chapter Jesus very much identifies himself as Jesus Christ, in some marvelous poetic ways I might add. Jesus is not talking directly to the people of those churches but to John so Jesus does not have to acknowledge himself to them. To John He did acknowledge himself as Christ, Lord, and savior, that is good enough. And please don't come back with saying that those missionaries were a type of John compared to what we are talking about. I will destroy that notion as well. ;)

The point is, when a spirit being talks directly too you it should acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord, regardless of any testing we should be doing.

Why, pray tell? The same laws apply to both, the same way is open to all who will be saved, we all have one Saviour, we all need to believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, we will even be resurrected together?

What makes the OT saints different from the NT saints? Only difference I can see is chronological, but if that was a differentiator, then we could be different from Paul. I do not see any reason why there should be a difference, because we are all equal in God's Kingdom, OT and NT alike.
I'll repost this as you might have missed it.

I'm sorry NaLuvena, I maybe taking advantage of how you are wording what you are saying, I apologize. I know you believe Jesus had to suffer and die and rise again from the dead in order for us to be saved. But my main point is, Abraham was under his own covenant, Moses and the Hebrews were under theirs. Once Moses covenant took effect the Abrahamic covenant no longer was in effect. Now that Jesus has come and gone, we are under the New Testament. It is very similar to the covenant that Abraham was under accept with the New Testament, faith in Jesus Christ is by way we are accounted righteousness and it is by his blood that we are healed. When the New testament took effect, both the Abrahamic and Moses covenants were no longer in effect.

That of course is not to say that all three covenants are not incorporated together. We will all share in Abrahams inheritance through faith, not one letter or stroke of the pen will disappear from the law, and it's by Jesus' shead blood that puts it all into effect.

It seems like you are saying that you believe because your ancestor did not know about Jesus Christ he automatically fell back under the Abrahamic covenant. I don't know, I really don't think that is how it works, I maybe wrong, I don't know everything and still have alot to learn.

When you put it like that, my only problem is with your idea that people who do not know about 1 John 4, are expected somehow to test the spirits.

That said, I do not see that as a mountain, more like a molehill. I'd say we're good...unless you have any other "preconceived notions" ;)

Nice exchanging ideas with you, and again, thanks for the civility. Do not lose that trait of thinking outside the box, my friend. There is more of God to be found outside than inside, after all, what else would you expect of a omnipresent God?:D
And with this I would say this debate/discussion has run it's course. It's been real and it's been fun, well, and a little frustrating too ;). Yes I agree, we really are on a molehill possed to a mountain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes! - Many of us :) started our mortal sojourn, without any awareness of any "Bible", never heard about "GOD, prayer" etc.

Yet GOD wrote into each soul, his Autograph & His laws; and this is how the "oldies" (Abraham, Moses, Paul, etc)
KNEW = converted, & trusted. - And the same is true for all others of us, as young children.

Amen! Thanks for sharring that wonderful truth..

Yup,good ole Abe went out with a word in his heart,directly deposited by the unseen God!:clap:
Not 3 dimensional structure,just faith and trust!

Hear what the Spirit says to the churches...

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Naluvena, think about what you are saying compared to the point I have been trying to make. The verses you quoted out of Revelation was a revelation by Jesus to John. In the first chapter Jesus very much identifies himself as Jesus Christ, in some marvelous poetic ways I might add. Jesus is not talking directly to the people of those churches but to John so Jesus does not have to acknowledge himself to them. To John He did acknowledge himself as Christ, Lord, and savior, that is good enough. And please don't come back with saying that those missionaries were a type of John compared to what we are talking about. I will destroy that notion as well. ;)

The point is, when a spirit being talks directly too you it should acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord, regardless of any testing we should be doing.

I'll repost this as you might have missed it.

And with this I would say this debate/discussion has run it's course. It's been real and it's been fun, well, and a little frustrating too ;). Yes I agree, we really are on a molehill possed to a mountain.

Nice crossing swords with you, Neph. You wield a mean sabre....:thumbsup:

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.