Amor verdadero no aprueba pecado.
Oct 26, 2006
✟2,004.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/jul/07070303.html

MEMPHIS, July 3, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Last week, the Fox News' O'Reilly Factor exposed the increasing trend of lesbian gang violence terrorizing neighbourhoods and schools, especially in large cities across the United States. According to FOX News crime analyst Rod Wheeler there are some 150 such gangs in the DC area alone, including Washington, Maryland, and Virginia.

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/jul/07070303.html

MEMPHIS, July 3, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Last week, the Fox News' O'Reilly Factor exposed the increasing trend of lesbian gang violence terrorizing neighbourhoods and schools, especially in large cities across the United States. According to FOX News crime analyst Rod Wheeler there are some 150 such gangs in the DC area alone, including Washington, Maryland, and Virginia.

Speaking as a sexual abuse survivor, rape is always, always, always, disgusting, no matter who commits the act. However, female-on-female sexual abuse is much less common than male-on-female, male-on-male, and female-on-male (in that order).

I can only conclude that this is yet more anti-gay garbage pushed by Lifesite. Is anyone surprised?

Even Fox didn't stoop this low... :sick:

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Rape is always, always wrong, disgusting and immoral whoever perpetrates it.

I am rather dubious of the credability of this website though, as lifesite is very biased, and often has news that wouldn't be out of place in a fictional novel.

Any credible news source carrying this story?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are there any reports of actual violence, or shall we be satisfied with and article about a Bill Oreilly clip?

I see no actual crimes here. I see more of the same old gay bashing that 1111000011110000 loves to post.
Apparently you didn't bother to read the article which cited reports from Eyewitness News as well, including links.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rape is never okay, no matter who commits it. But with O'Reilly and LifeSite reporting a story like this, it's should be no surprise that people are going to be a little skeptical.
So do you think those rape victims are less traumatized because it was O'Reilly and Lifesite that reproted the story?

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
So do you think those rape victims are less traumatized because it was O'Reilly and Lifesite that reproted the story?

I never said that. No one said anything about those rape victims being less traumatized. I'm saying that people may be skeptical of the story, because it's from a news source that's blatantly bias.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Apparently you didn't bother to read the article which cited reports from Eyewitness News as well, including links.
I checked it all out, and nothing points to some rise in a gang of angry lesbians. Are you talking about the article about the South African man? Or are you talking about the article where there is bullying, grouping and harassment....just like what goes on everywhere in this county's school system?

There was a tv clip but I no longer use my speakers, so there is no evidence as far as I can tell unless you are willing to find a transcript.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I checked it all out, and nothing points to some rise in a gang of angry lesbians. Are you talking about the article about the South African man? Or are you talking about the article where there is bullying, grouping and harassment....just like what goes on everywhere in this county's school system?

There was a tv clip but I no longer use my speakers, so there is no evidence as far as I can tell unless you are willing to find a transcript.
I was hoping you'd watch the clip and tell me what it said

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never said that. No one said anything about those rape victims being less traumatized. I'm saying that people may be skeptical of the story, because it's from a news source that's blatantly bias.
I see. They aren't less traumatized, it just never happened because O'reilly said it and not someone more liberal. That should make the girls feel better.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟331,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you're telling us that four months ago a UPN station (and only that station, during the sweeps -- ratings -- month) was making claims of a lesbian gang operating in Memphis and raping girls. From my research and comments by the station, there was no hard evidence that any of this has occurred, nor has any other station aired this story or have any arrests or police complaints been filed in the last four months.

There was a separate report from Philadelphia again from a single news station and during sweeps month, four months ago, claiming a homosexual gang was "harassing them [female students] with gay remarks. The straight students say lesbians are bullying, groping and harassing them in gym and in the girl's bathrooms." No charges of rape or sodomy in this piece, no follow up articles by any other news outlets or presumably any other incidents.

Yet, according to O'Reilly and Lifesite this is somehow "150 such gangs in the DC area alone, including Washington, Maryland, and Virginia. " Strange that neither Pennsylvania or Tennessee are listed considering those are the only two states where there is any type of news story about these alleged activities. Last, REAL Women Canada is (at least from their website) the Canadian equivalent to Focus on the Family or other US "pro-family" groups. As such, it seems strange that Lifesite would use the press release from a political organization rather than using the actual study in a peer-reviewed publication that REAL Women Canada was basing their press release on.

Between the lack of hard and especially current news and needing to use claims from a political organization would appear to show this is a manufactured news item not based in reality.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.