Spanish Judge Tells Lesbian Mother to Choose Children or Same-sex Partner, not Both

MarcusHill

Educator and learner
May 1, 2007
Manchester
✟16,512.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
we need more judges like her.
From what I can tell, this judge has made a ruling based on personal beliefs rather than the law of the land. That's precisely what I don't want in a judge - they're meant to apply the law, with leeway only in interpretation. The legislature, not the judiciary, changes laws.

Upvote 0

.Sabre.

Aliens ate my custom title.
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2006
Chasing the sun's fading light
✟40,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
From what I can tell, this judge has made a ruling based on personal beliefs rather than the law of the land. That's precisely what I don't want in a judge - they're meant to apply the law, with leeway only in interpretation. The legislature, not the judiciary, changes laws.
Exactly.

Upvote 0

daniel777

Feb 13, 2007
America
✟12,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Likewise, I'm happy my heart hasn't been poison and twisted by the insanity of religious dogma.

Christianity is more harmful for the heart and soul of a child than homosexuality is any day of the week, as evidenced by certain posts in this topic.
what are you basing your assumptions on?
can you define universal sanity/insanity?
how do you know it's more harmful? are you a christian (a born again chrtian)?

Upvote 0

BlueWidow

Jul 25, 2007
✟202.00
Faith
Other Religion
what are you basing your assumptions on?
can you define universal sanity/insanity?
how do you know it's more harmful? are you a christian (a born again chrtian)?

I thought I made it quite clear whaty I was basing them on, just as I thought my religious icon made it clear I am not a Christian.

No, I can not define universal insanity, not that it's relevent, but I will say that celebrating someone being put in a place where they have to sacrifice their partner or their children is insane, and represents all that is wrong and sick within humanity.

Upvote 0

daniel777

Feb 13, 2007
America
✟12,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I can not define universal insanity, not that it's relevent, but I will say that celebrating someone being put in a place where they have to sacrifice their partner or their children is insane, and represents all that is wrong and sick within humanity.
what's wrong in humanity? is sacrifice really that bad, for the sake of something good? homosexuality is not a healthy lifestyle, it can be extremely selfish. having a child makes it even worse. it was smart to make her choose.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟332,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what's wrong in humanity?

I do not understand what this has to do with the OP.

is sacrifice really that bad, for the sake of something good?

Again, not quite sure what you are trying to say here. Are you claiming that the mother neglects her child, that she doesn't sacrifice for her daughter? If so, I'd like evidence.

Are you stating that the mother should have sacrificed to stay together with the father? What in the story supports that she didn't, that the fault wasn't the fathers?

Or is it just that she is in a relationship at all? Should she not be in a relationship with another man, either, because it takes away from her daughter?

Last, why are you so selfish? Why do you feel this woman must follow your standards, your beliefs, and not her own conscience and what she feels is best for her life and her child?

homosexuality is not a healthy lifestyle,

False. First, homosexuality, in and of itself, is not a lifestyle. It's simply a sexual orientation like heterosexuality.

Second, it is true that homosexual men are more likely to contract AIDS. Of course, heterosexuals seem to be more likely to contract herpes (seems like the last statistics I heard where 1 in 3 of all Americans have the disease).

The problem is that if you want to deal in stereotypes, 1) Lesbians have a far different "lifestyle" than gay men. Rather than having a reputation for promiscuousness, lesbians, at worse, are considered to be serial monogamists. The joke is that lesbians bring a moving van on the second date. Second, lesbians are far less likely than gay men AND heterosexuals to contract a STD. So, contrary to your argument, lesbians live a far safer lifestyle if we use your criteria.

it can be extremely selfish. having a child makes it even worse.

And heterosexuals can't be selfish. We haven't heard numerous times that heterosexuals haven't had children for purely selfish reasons; to save their relationship, to keep friends and family happy, etc.? And I'm sure none of us have ever heard of a woman becoming pregnant after a one night stand -- the very height of selfishness per your standards. And again, what evidence is there that this woman has acted selfishly?

it was smart to make her choose.

No, it's a judge selfishly following his own prejudices rather than the law.

Upvote 0

BlueWidow

Jul 25, 2007
✟202.00
Faith
Other Religion
what's wrong in humanity? is sacrifice really that bad, for the sake of something good? homosexuality is not a healthy lifestyle, it can be extremely selfish. having a child makes it even worse. it was smart to make her choose.

Homosexuality isn't a lifestyle, it's a sexual orientation, you'ld do well to remember that.

Likewise, a sexual orientation has absolutely no medical consequences. Rather it's the behavior of the individual that leads to medical problems.

And while plenty of gays have shown they can be just as irresponsible and stupid as a significant portion of the hetero population, there's no medical conditions that are unique to gays, but there are some that are unique to heteros. Afterall, you don't hear about many gays getting abortions, now do you?

it can be extremely selfish. having a child makes it even worse. it was smart to make her choose.

You say that as though heterosexuality is never selfish. I don't see you railing against heterosexuality because of all the young girl that get seduced by macho guys who sweet talk themselves into their pants and never call them back.

As for a child making it worse, the studies say that gay families are no worse off that their counterparts.

If this judge had taken a child from his mother because she was black, rather than gay, would you still think she was smart?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jennidawn

Jul 13, 2007
✟7,704.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The more I read the more I worry. Seriously. When did it happen that your sexual orientation determined your value as a good person. I know Christians who are homosexual. I know wonderful loving parents who raise wonderful loving children, and the parents were gay and the children were not. Where are we that we are so prejudiced and closed hearted. If you are closed minded go for it enjoy it, but closed hearted, really? Kids are safer and happier with homosexual parents than they are in many of the situations that they endure. I thought it interesting to note...not a lot said about the father what's his story?

Upvote 0