Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not watched Joel Osteen many times. The times I did view him he was preaching/teaching on the followers of Jesus and their identity and positioning in Christ.

"And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus."

Ephesians 2:6-7
NIV

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I LOVE Joel Osteen, his sermons have always been a big help to me, so has Joyce Meyers and Charles Stanley's, these are my 3 favorite ministers.

I have to admit, I do not attend church too often here. We only have a very tiny Presbyterian, that is where my husband goes, maybe has a handful of parishioners, 15 at the most. I just do not like it, they are so "cliquish" and I do not fit in. I feel very uncomfortable there. He is their "pet" so, I have no one to talk to when I am having trouble with him, it seems they always think it is my fault. I just do NOT like it, so, I stay at home and watch my ministers on the internet, by the time I am finished, I feel one hundred percent better than if I had attended the church here. Oh, there is also a small Catholic church here and a small Anglican church as well. Again, they appear to be very small congregations, and very "clanish" I just do not fit in.

I truly feel that the Lord would rather I learn about Him the way I am doing at present instead of going to a regular church and leaving feeling very downcast. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I just do not fit in.

It's sad that you feel that way. It takes time to get to know people, and many times once one makes the effort they find that the people they thought were cliquish weren't at all.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

While I understand some of you will tell me to not like Joel Osteen, I'm sticking by my man for good. He's someone I look up to and like. I like him because he tells the bible stories in a positive way. And that's what I need right now. I don't know the term people use when they say that he says,"if you tithe, you will get all your wishes to come true." But I believe that to be true.

I AM going to let you all come in and post what you want. I will respect your opinions.
I've been amazed at how his stories have enhanced my walk with the Lord. Made me think about what I was doing and the consequences of not relying on God… just little things he says. I don't watch these shows often but the dozen or so times I've caught him have been very edifying. His blinking is very annoying to me, I'm guessing he has dry eyes or something…

I loved the story about two dogs…. the one you feed is the one that grows. It made me really think about my relationship with my husband, was I feeding the dissatisfied dog or the satisfied dog? I wrote that on a black board in my kitchen and had it there for years. Every time I'd get mad at my husband, I'd get to choose which dog I was going to feed….. eventually I didn't have to choose anymore, it just comes naturally…
God bless him, andrea

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Look at it like this... If we all fall in Rom 3:10 & 23. It is NOT Joel, but the God in the message. A lot come broken and need positive affirmation to fulfill a piece of scripture in Rom. 12-2. To change the minds attitude to self, world and others. Yes, all he is, is positive, yet, if a follower that has been trained from a child to think in negatives about self is hearing Joel in the Spirit... Imagine the movement inside that follower to be fed in the strangeness of positive. Where one gets bent is in investment of the messenger (Joel) and looses sight of the power behind the messenger coupled to seasons. A "person", coming broken to Christ in Joels message "will" need positive affirmation on a steady basis to transform from conformity of how one looks at self taught by others rude comments such as, " you are not...strong enough, smart enough, good looking enough, skinny enough". These and other negative things have been pounded in a followers head for years and it may take years of Joel to change self image, seasons correct? Today, Joel is the man (OP) , yet, God is the power and hopefully we all can Not invest in the messenger but the movement of the words coming out of the vessels mouth to build upon conformity of negativity in self, world and others (which includes Joel). < That means quit being judgmental of the messenger, but, do not invest self too the messenger but the God in the message.

Upvote 0