Is the Super Bowl Rigged for a KC Win to Amplify Taylor Swift's Upcoming Biden Endorsement?

Is the Super Bowl Rigged for a KC Win to Amplify Taylor Swift's Upcoming Biden Endorsement?

• Total voters

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She has been a star for twenty years now so her die hard fans may very well be of voting age.
Some of the "early Swift fans" that can be true of I guess....

I was basing that on the fact that everyone I know who's shelled out the massive sums it costs to go to the concerts are all parents in their 40s & 50's taking their elementary and Jr High daughters to go see it.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who votes for or against a candidate because of some celebrities' position should lose their right to vote.

Why is that? America has always used celebrities to sell ideas and products. Taylor Swift hasn't even released her song "Try that in a democratic republic!". Don't be sore yet lol.

Upvote 0

MotoToTheMax

Nov 3, 2022
United States
✟66,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who votes for or against a candidate because of some celebrities' position should lose their right to vote.
No, they really shouldn't. Find a better reason to restrict voting rights.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
At least not in all the states' elections .. oh wait, you meant Ms. Swift.

She's the one who is eligibile as she will be 35 before the term begins.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The problem with Taylor Swift is not just that she is a pretty lady who sings songs that kids like and can use that somehow to influence their political opinions.. The problem is that she is an intelligent, level-headed single woman who actively manages a large business enterprise--and is good at it. Her advice on the matter is well worth being taken. That's the problem with Taylor Swift. Why isn't she home making babies and caring for her hubby like a good Christian American woman instead of setting a bad example for them?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I was basing that on the fact that everyone I know who's shelled out the massive sums it costs to go to the concerts are all parents in their 40s & 50's taking their elementary and Jr High daughters to go see it.
I don't know anyone who has, but I'm not much of a concert goer nor are my friends and acquaintances for the most part. Sounds expensive and unpleasant, but I don't like crowds or loud sounds.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know anyone who has, but I'm not much of a concert goer nor are my friends and acquaintances for the most part. Sounds expensive and unpleasant, but I don't like crowds or loud sounds.
I know 3 or 4 people who've taken their kids to it.

I don't have any qualms with loud music or concerts, but I would have qualms with paying $1500 a head to watch mediocre pop music lol.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know 3 or 4 people who've taken their kids to it.

I don't have any qualms with loud music or concerts, but I would have qualms with paying $1500 a head to watch mediocre pop music lol.
Why do you call her mediocre? Snobbery towards pop? Music critics have spoken highly of her re-recordings of her original albums.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Snobbery towards pop?
100% lol

It's the reason why I like people like Will Smith, Mark Wahlberg, and Justin Timberlake as actors, but was not a fan of their musical endeavors.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....Snobbery towards pop?.....
I dont know about Swift.... but I do put Dance the Night (Barbie) by Dua Lipa and some Lizzo & Beyonce etc on the headphones to drum to when I want to get out some kickin dance pop. I am definitely not acting my age.

• Friendly
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, they really shouldn't. Find a better reason to restrict voting rights.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I mean, after all, what could possibly go wrong voting for someone because you are told to?
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ale-insurgent-at-gunpoint-picture-id533698422

Or worse, not voting for who your told to.....
1707420156349.jpeg

Upvote 0

MotoToTheMax

Nov 3, 2022
United States
✟66,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, maybe you're right. I mean, after all, what could possibly go wrong voting for someone because you are told to?
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ale-insurgent-at-gunpoint-picture-id533698422

Or worse, not voting for who your told to.....
View attachment 342536
So you went from restricting who can vote based on their own personal criteria (which should remain legal, no matter how awful that reason is) to replying with something about forcing votes or being put in jail/camp for voting "wrongly."

Pick a lane dude. You're all over the place already.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I mean, after all, what could possibly go wrong voting for someone because you are told to?
Don't be silly. No body is being forced to vote for anyone. Being influenced to vote is all part of the American version of democracy. Since Citizens United CEOs influence American voting all the time.

It's a refreshing change that someone is doing it for free.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Another example of how our personal lens shapes our perspectives. My daughter is a 25 year old Swiftie. She also was a college athlete and recently received a doctorate in physical therapy - only point of that being that her friends are similarly people in their mid-20s to early 30s who grew following Taylor. Pretty much all her friends have either gone to the Eras tour or are trying to go. She and I went last spring, and she is planning to go again this year. When I was there, sure, there were some younger kids, but I came away thinking she was right in the largest demographic. Young working adults who have been long time fans.

It was a really great concert. I'm not much of a pop guy (more P&W, harder rock and metalcore), but I get why she is so big. She is at this weird intersection of writing songs with clever lyrics, catchy melodies, and being able to chameleon enough in styles and subject matter that interest in the songs goes past a catchy hook and something is relatable to almost anyone (who bothers to actually listen).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟201,041.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Does that include former reality show hosts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So you went from restricting who can vote based on their own personal criteria (which should remain legal, no matter how awful that reason is) to replying with something about forcing votes or being put in jail/camp for voting "wrongly."

Pick a lane dude. You're all over the place already.

Don't be silly. No body is being forced to vote for anyone. Being influenced to vote is all part of the American version of democracy. Since Citizens United CEOs influence American voting all the time.

It's a refreshing change that someone is doing it for free.
WOW, sounds like some people have misplaced their sense of humor.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that is my complaint. Congress should be calling those that have experienced it, and give them a voice. Calling actresses to testify in their stead smacks more of a publicity stunt than actually trying to learn the real issues.
Again, they testified along with the actresses, and they weren’t summoned, they used their connections to get themselves and the women in front of the panel. It’s hypocritical to say that if I use my connections with the town to get somebody who’s struggling with an issue before the right people to be heard, and I also take the time to speak on their behalf, that there’s nothing wrong with that because I’m using my experience on the issue to inform my stance, but if an actress does it, she shouldn’t be there, she’s looking for publicity, and it’s not her place to speak.

Yes, they should have gotten those people the opportunity to speak before Congress, not testified themselves. And I'm guessing they still could have gotten FarmAid, even if they hadn't of testified (particularly if they were sponsoring actual farmers so they could testify).

Again, they did speak before the committee as well. And no, FarmAid would not have happened. It only came about because Bob Dylan heard about what Jane Fonda etc did and listened to what she said was an unaddressed problem. He then spoke about it to derision, which is a dumb thing to deride him for since we are talking about Bob Dylan, one of if not the most profound activist singers of a generation, which got the attention of others who threw FarmAid.

First, I didn't say that at all. You had the experience and you could easily testify to it. Second, I never said anyone should not speak to government officials or advocate on their behalf -- but Congress should not call those advocating, they should call those that have actual experience and/or expertise.
This is a hypocritical statement. If I have experience because I saw it through my job and this I could easily testify to it, then you should have no difference of opinion when actresses are exposed to it via their job and decide to speak out. It’s the same thing, only you have made an irrational designation that because they are famous, they have no place being there.

And they weren’t called by congress. They asked to speak at a House Agriculture Committee which was a caucus task force meeting called by Rep. Tony Coelho, a connection made by Jane Fonda, who was trying to revive interest in the issue as it was wavering. He said these women worked for over a year in these communities and had more experience than anybody else on the hill as to what was happening. The actresses, in turn, offered more than 100 women to testify with them, but only two dozen were able to show up as the rest said they were too urgently needed on their farms and couldn’t afford to step away, even with their trip being paid for by the actresses, a sign of how on the knife’s edge they were.

Anybody who looks at a group of women who have knowledge of an underserved crisis because they saw it while doing their jobs, who then use their connections to get these people in front of government representatives, pay their way, and then speak on behalf of those who aren’t there because even with a free trip they are so in danger they can’t leave to be heard, and then arrives at the conclusion that “they shouldn’t have been there because they are actresses and what do they know?” but says it’s not wrong at all if somebody like me did it after finding about the issue via my job, is only saying so due to bias. The actresses know more about the issue than you or those at the hearing did, and they had every right to speak about it as they saw directly the first hand fallout. And while saying the farmers wives should have been allowed to speak while and those four shouldn’t have ignores that, first of all, that a number of them did speak, but that the wives said they were grateful for the help and attention the four actresses brought to the scenario. So the fact that those who were impacted directly both chose and endorsed the actresses to speak on their behalf makes the whole argument moot.

Nope, again, not what I'm saying at all. There is a difference between someone who is in the trenches daily, providing aid to those who need their charity and someone who has never experienced that need or been aiding them on a daily basis.
I think what you’re ignoring is that, said actresses, went into the trenches daily and saw. But because they’re actresses, you think they’re less deserving of being able to speak on the issue, not because they’re not informed. There is no difference between me going to work in a for-profit business and uncovering an underserved demographic and then going to advocate for them, and an actress going to work and through their job uncovering an underserved demographic and going to advocate for them. Especially given that demographic endorsed the help they were offered by said actresses.

Not to mention that it is bizarre to say “here’s a problem, these people need help, we need to do something” and then when a group of actresses with first hand knowledge, financial means, and a platform offer to do so, responding with “no, not from you, you need to stick to acting.” I’ve done a lot of charity work and never had the organizers say “we need help… But not from you.”
That's nice, and it is great when those people do speak up. But lawmakers should be directly listening to testimony and questioning those who are actually dealing with the issue (both those who have experienced it and those who directly provide aid to those people), not famous advocates who have no direct knowledge of what is going on but merely have heard the stories.
Again, said actresses saw it first hand, did give the affected a platform to speak via their connections and financial backing, and were embraced as chosen advocates by the affected party. So saying above is both inaccurate, but it’s flat out ignoring what the afflicted people wanted and asked for help getting. It’s literally gatekeeping advocacy and charity work and telling those who choose their own advocates that they chose wrong so they don’t get heard.
You can think what you want. I'm not at all criticizing anyone for advocating. I'm just trying to hold lawmakers to a higher standard -- calling celebrities only reinforces the idea that the government is there to do what the rich people want, not the average US citizen (who they had no interest in hearing from).
You are criticizing the four actresses for their advocacy. And the government didn’t call them. The four actresses, through their roles, uncovered and witnessed a plight many were unaware of. They decided they wanted to bring a spotlight to the issue and so, with the blessings of those impacted, two of the actresses (one of whom is famous for her advocacy) used her connections to get them before a caucus task force. They invited anybody who wanted to go, paid their way, spoke at the caucus, allowed them to speak, and followed up after the caucus with the connection to follow progress. This led to the creation of the SNAP food assistance program, the Farm Bill of 1985, and The Food Security Act of 1985. Both pieces of legislation had been shelved since 1983, but were taken up again after the caucus where they and dozens of others spoke.

Their advocacy lead to another well known celebrity advocate to take up the cause, which got two others to notice it, which led to FarmAid, which still happens almost annually even today.

So it’s hard to look at all of that and arrive at “when four actresses took up the plight of middle America it was a low point in celebrity activism” and deride it as inappropriate and ineffective simply because they are actresses.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't be so hard on yourself. You seem very intelligent to me. :)
You know, let me rephrase that. I’m not a Taylor Swift music person. But the minute a business book comes out about her, like a One-Minute Manager book or an Art of Customer Service book, something that does a deep dive on her business and brand… Buying it day one. I am absolutely fascinated by her brand and business model. I think she’s like Disney and has cracked the code for how to be a brand that leans into safety and nostalgia, building consumer interest and loyalty by inspiring feelings of security and fun and being valued, where there’s showmanship but as an expression of perceived love and not empty grandstanding. I’d love to see a deep dive into that business aspect.

However I also read books on building Excel pivot tables for fun.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She has been a star for twenty years now so her die hard fans may very well be of voting age.
I read that and was confused too.., An overwhelming number of them are of voting age… I’m 40-something and my kids are teenage boys. For every daughter that’s a Swiftie, there’s a mother who’s right there with her, sometimes even a Dad too. The kids aren’t buying her albums, her tickets for her shows, or driving them to the movies to see her. And when I was at the theater for Rocky Horror, the rowdy showing was next door and it was the concert film. 75% were adults who were dressed up and enjoying themselves, and there was only a smattering of kids.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0