Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If anything, all of this moral decay in society is a direct result of our lazyness.

Yea, sin is our fault,.... sure.

This world will never get better somehow, it will continually get worse to the end of time. The bible never depicts it any other way, so put your finger back in it's holster.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The churches sin is someone else's fault???

This country was made so great because of mature Christians, now it's being destroyed by immature ones who bury their talents.

The moral decay of this world is inevitable mister anderson, it is not the church's fault, it is mankind's fault being led by a fallen being.

Did Jesus prophesy anything different? In fact, He said "will I find faith?"

Like I said, put your finger back in it's holster. If GOD is working a good thing in you, let it be, but get past the condemnation phase, we are in a ministry of reconciliation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Show me these verses that says things will get worst.

Because Jesus not only told us what to do, He showed us what to do.
And is the church doing it? In a small small small small small, like 3% small part.
That's why the world is so messed up, because Christians sit around and do little to nothing of what Jesus said to do.

Jesus gave the parable of the vineyard, and those whom the master put in charge of it.

Jesus said go and heal the sick, help the poor, and love one another the way He loved us.

Upvote 0

GodsTwo

Jan 30, 2008
✟586.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

And is the church doing it? In a small small small small small, like 3% small part.
That's why the world is so messed up, because Christians sit around and do little to nothing of what Jesus said to do.

Jesus gave the parable of the vineyard, and those whom the master put in charge of it.

Jesus said go and heal the sick, help the poor, and love one another the way He loved us.
AMEN!

But, here's the problem - The reason the Church is not doing what Jesus told us to do is because as a carnal body of believers, they are incappable of doing it.

Upvote 0

GodsTwo

Jan 30, 2008
✟586.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In every congregation there are those who are immature in their faith... those who are mature... and those in between.

Anytime we make sweeping statements regarding "the church" as a whole, instead of dealing with individuals, then it is always very easy to become very self-righteous and point out everyone's faults.

Of course, in doing so we always overlook our own.

And... after years of pastoring... I've found that usually when someone starts having a "burden" for "the church", it's usually that God is dealing with an issue in that person's own heart.

God is NOT going to make you spiritual. He is not going to walk your walk for you.

I am not pointing out peoples faults as individuals. I am pointing out a hole, a major hole, in church doctrine. The church has become theologically fat, but are still spiritual infants. The key word is STILL - They are still carnal, as Paul stated. For is their not still jealousy, envy, strife and division in the church?

A major problem is that carnal believers do not have eyes to see this.
EVERY single carnal believer believes that they are already spiritual.

The church is full of modern-day Pharasees. It is full of carnal behavior. There is more division today than there has ever been before. The battles between the catholics and protestants, here on this forum are pathetically carnal. Open your eyes!

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

How about the whole 24th chapter of Matthew. Read it. It is not talking about victorious things.

The church will not save the world, you just be what GOD has placed you in the body to be and do everything to conform to Jesus. That is enough.

Pointing out all the faults of the church is a fruitless endeavor, you are talking about the one that Jesus loves when you do.

Upvote 0

tobethebest

Veteran
Mar 5, 2008
✟8,583.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I started reading this thread and was interested in what was being said, so I continued to study what my brothers and sisters were sayin to me.

As I furthered my reading all I could see were swords drawn and out comes "the other side of the coin." That's why we have a debate section.

I don't appreciate everytime I wish to read encouraging words from my brothers and sisters, especially at times when I need it most, out flies the worm that ate the apple.

I encourage all of us that we speak in terms of love for one another and that if we have to expound on our true beliefs in the doctrine of Christ, we do it with humility and love for our family.

I am as guitly as the rest of us because I believe in once saved always saved and get furious when I read how others deny the most important issue in the Christian world today. I would hang on the cross with that belief.

I believe that faith doctrines destroy and condemn believers, some beyond repair. I believe much of what the Charismatic people have been accepting as truth is born out of a need to finance ministries only.

We are folks you live at home and study our bibles and who do not need the self proclaimed men of God telling us we are who they say we are. Much of the doctrines I read come from books I read years ago, that were developed by men who are today set apart from your walk in Christ, some are even dead today after proclaiming healing for decades of their lives. I all stemmed from their beliefs of prosperty of homes, etc. and with their wealth they have acquired and the ability to control individuals, such as ourselves, they lived lavishly, whether what they preached was sound doctrine or not.

We need to get back to the basics and love one another and flee the majority of instructors of today. We need to cut off their finances now and it will lighten the load considerably. We need to stop purchasing these books and never rely on what they teach it truth. Many of these books are horribly counter productive and encourage arguements with the people you truly love.

I, for one, will not fall into the trap of wealthy/unwealthy Charismaniacs again, as long as I live.

Peace,
Denny

Upvote 0

GodsTwo

Jan 30, 2008
✟586.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I started reading this thread and was interested in what was being said, so I continued to study what my brothers and sisters were sayin to me.

As I furthered my reading all I could see were swords drawn and out comes "the other side of the coin." That's why we have a debate section.

I don't appreciate everytime I wish to read encouraging words from my brothers and sisters, especially at times when I need it most, out flies the worm that ate the apple.

I encourage all of us that we speak in terms of love for one another and that if we have to expound on our true beliefs in the doctrine of Christ, we do it with humility and love for our family.

I am as guitly as the rest of us because I believe in once saved always saved and get furious when I read how others deny the most important issue in the Christian world today. I would hang on the cross with that belief.

I believe that faith doctrines destroy and condemn believers, some beyond repair. I believe much of what the Charismatic people have been accepting as truth is born out of a need to finance ministries only.

We are folks you live at home and study our bibles and who do not need the self proclaimed men of God telling us we are who they say we are. Much of the doctrines I read come from books I read years ago, that were developed by men who are today set apart from your walk in Christ, some are even dead today after proclaiming healing for decades of their lives. I all stemmed from their beliefs of prosperty of homes, etc. and with their wealth they have acquired and the ability to control individuals, such as ourselves, they lived lavishly, whether what they preached was sound doctrine or not.

We need to get back to the basics and love one another and flee the majority of instructors of today. We need to cut off their finances now and it will lighten the load considerably. We need to stop purchasing these books and never rely on what they teach it truth. Many of these books are horribly counter productive and encourage arguements with the people you truly love.

I, for one, will not fall into the trap of wealthy/unwealthy Charismaniacs again, as long as I live.

Peace,
Denny
Wow! Good Post!

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How about the whole 24th chapter of Matthew. Read it. It is not talking about victorious things.

The church will not save the world, you just be what GOD has placed you in the body to be and do everything to conform to Jesus. That is enough.

Pointing out all the faults of the church is a fruitless endeavor, you are talking about the one that Jesus loves when you do.

We are to conform to Jesus, and that's not what Christians are doing.

The prophets said things to the people of the OT, when they were doing wrong.
Jesus did the same, so did Paul, so will I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
We are to conform to Jesus, and that's not what Christians are doing.

The prophets said things to the people of the OT, when they were doing wrong.
Jesus did the same, so did Paul, so will I.

That's fine, then you be conformed to Jesus and do what He tells you. Worrying about others and trying to tell them what to do will not force them as a whole to do anything more than they want to. It is a fact, and a fruitless endeavor to try.

You seek sanctification for yourself and be what Jesus has called you to be. You be the example to others instead of on the sideline ranting at Jesus's church about what they are not doing.

It is not our responsibility to sort out His church and point out all of it's wrongdoings and somehow make it right, it is His responsibility. He will be the one that sorts out the tares.

Upvote 0

GodsTwo

Jan 30, 2008
✟586.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's fine, then you be conformed to Jesus and do what He tells you. Worrying about others and trying to tell them what to do will not force them as a whole to do anything more than they want to. It is a fact, and a fruitless endeavor to try.

You seek sanctification for yourself and be what Jesus has called you to be. You be the example to others instead of on the sideline ranting at Jesus's church about what they are not doing.

It is not our responsibility to sort out His church and point out all of it's wrongdoings and somehow make it right, it is His responsibility. He will be the one that sorts out the tares.

Somebody has to do it. God is not going to do it for us. If you want to sit back, doing nothing and being part of the problem, don't critisize those who want to take the initiative and fix that which needs to be fixed. God is not going to do it, If he was, he would have already done it.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Somebody has to do it. God is not going to do it for us. If you want to sit back, doing nothing and being part of the problem, don't critisize those who want to take the initiative and fix that which needs to be fixed. God is not going to do it, If he was, he would have already done it.

Hahahaha,..

The only thing that you can do is become a son of GOD, to where it is Jesus operating through you and not you anymore.

Any other plans are nothing more than self in action and inevitable failure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
God is NOT going to make you spiritual. He is not going to walk your walk for you.

I am not pointing out peoples faults as individuals. I am pointing out a hole, a major hole, in church doctrine. The church has become theologically fat, but are still spiritual infants. The key word is STILL - They are still carnal, as Paul stated. For is their not still jealousy, envy, strife and division in the church?

A major problem is that carnal believers do not have eyes to see this.
EVERY single carnal believer believes that they are already spiritual.

The church is full of modern-day Pharasees. It is full of carnal behavior. There is more division today than there has ever been before. The battles between the catholics and protestants, here on this forum are pathetically carnal. Open your eyes!
This post actually illustrates my point perfectly.

You say "the church" has a major hole in church doctrine...

So... exactly which "church" are you referring to? Which denomination? Which local congregation?

Such broad generalizations clearly cannot, and do not, accurately represent the whole church. Sure, there may be specific individuals, or even groups, that this may apply to... but they do not apply to all... nor even to the majority of Christians (who ARE the church).

And yes, my eyes are open. I deal with those individual Christians on a daily basis. As a pastor, I have dealt with them-- and seen the 'behind the scenes' with them-- for years.

And, as I said before, in every congregation there are some Christians who are mature, some who are immature, and some in between.

And whether you realize it or not, such generalizations are actually a denigration of the Holy Spirit. Since it is He that is our teacher, He is the one who leads and guides the Church... bringing us to maturity in Christ... then, according to your pov, He apparently has been incapable of doing His job.

Upvote 0

GodsTwo

Jan 30, 2008
✟586.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This post actually illustrates my point perfectly.

You say "the church" has a major hole in church doctrine...

So... exactly which "church" are you referring to? Which denomination? Which local congregation?

Such broad generalizations clearly cannot, and do not, accurately represent the whole church. Sure, there may be specific individuals, or even groups, that this may apply to... but they do not apply to all... nor even to the majority of Christians (who ARE the church).

And yes, my eyes are open. I deal with those individual Christians on a daily basis. As a pastor, I have dealt with them-- and seen the 'behind the scenes' with them-- for years.

And, as I said before, in every congregation there are some Christians who are mature, some who are immature, and some in between.

And whether you realize it or not, such generalizations are actually a denigration of the Holy Spirit. Since it is He that is our teacher, He is the one who leads and guides the Church... bringing us to maturity in Christ... then, according to your pov, He apparently has been incapable of doing His job.

By "church", I mean the entire Christian church - every denomonation, catholic, protestant, LDS - ALL of them

Every congregation does not have mature members. Most don't.

Carnal believers can not even hear the Holy Spirit. Maturity in Christ is a personal walk that a person must do for themselves. Nobody else can do it for them and God certainly will not.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
By "church", I mean the entire Christian church - every denomonation, catholic, protestant, LDS - ALL of them

Every congregation does not have mature members. Most don't.

Carnal believers can not even hear the Holy Spirit. Maturity in Christ is a personal walk that a person must do for themselves. Nobody else can do it for them and God certainly will not.
Well since your post here directly contradicts scripture, I think you've proven that your point here is not a biblical one.

We'll start with the easiest... "Carnal believers can not even hear the Holy Spirit". Scripture specifically says:
John 10 said:
25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."
It does NOT say "the mature sheep know my voice, but the carnal one's can't even hear me". Rather, Jesus made it clear that ALL His sheep know His voice... and no one can take them from Him. To state that someone who is a Christian has to reach a certain level of spirituality to be able to hear the Holy Spirit is simply elitism and born out of religious pride-- and actually is an indication that one fits Paul's definition of "carnality" in 1 Corinthians 3.

In the church in Corinth, the problem they were having was that they Christians were arguing over who was the "most spiritual". They were constantly trying to out-do each other with their "maturity", their spiritual gifts, etc. In the verses you quoted, Paul is actually criticizing them for this very thing. One was saying he was "more spiritual" (and the others were carnal) because they were "of Paul". Others were saying the same because they were "of Apollos". And yet others were being really "spiritual" and saying they didn't follow any man... they just "follow Christ". And each group was certain that all the other groups were "carnal".

And it was to the people accusing each other of "being carnal" that Paul wrote that the very fact that they were making such accusations was the proof that they, themselves, were in fact the carnal ones.

The verse you quote to further support your pov, 1 Corinthians 2:14... stating that the "the man without the Spirit does not accept the things of God" does not in any way imply what you are saying. Rather, it is speaking specifically of non-Christians and comtrasting the difference between non-Christians and Christians. In fact, while you started at verse 13 of that chapter, verse 12 actually clarifies:
12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
Paul makes it clear that those to whom he is writing (the "we") have received the Spirit of God and therefore "may understand what God has freely given".

In your OP, you make that statement:
So, why is the church STILL carnal? Here is the problem. Paul stopped short of explaining to them (at least in what is written) how to become spiritual. That is why the church has not heeded this scripture and is still carnal.
Why, indeed did Paul NOT explain to the Christians in Corinth how to "become spiritual"? Simple-- because they already were. Paul had just made it clear that they were spiritual because they had received the Spirit of God. And to make a statement such as yours here implying that one has to somehow go beyond "what is written" (that is the scripture) in order to become "spiritual"-- well, that in itself show huge problems with your pov.

But what of Paul's statement at the start of chapter 3 that Paul wants to speak to them as spiritual, but must speak to them as carnal/worldly instead? I challenge you to go back and read the passage again-- see if there is any point in it where Paul says that they are not spiritual. No... rather he is saying that even though they are spiritual (as he has just stated) he can't deal with them on that level but must deal with them on a carnal level instead. They are BOTH spiritual and carnal at the same time.

Now... let's deal with
Maturity in Christ is a personal walk that a person must do for themselves. Nobody else can do it for them and God certainly will not
Now.. it is true that each of us is responsible to God individually. BUT... we are NOT the ones who hold final responsibility of our growth in God-- rather it is He who draws us to Himself. It is the Holy Spirit who "leads us into all truth", not our own ability. Yes, we can resist Him... but we cannot drive Him. We can only grow/develop in our walk with God as He leads us. And it is not only His guidance, but His empowering. He does not save us then leave us on our own to grow and mature-- but He is the one actively working in our lives.
Philippians 1:3-6 3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Note... it does NOT say--"he began a good work in you... now noone else can do it for you, certainly not God". Rather, it is clear-- He who began the good work will be the one to "carry it on to completion".

From the very beginning, your premise here actually contradicts these principles taught throughout scripture. He is the one who draws us. He is the one who saves us. And He is the one who completes the work in us....

And to say that such isn't happening is, in fact, saying that the Holy Spirit is incapable of of "doing His job"... and actually elevating us and our abilities (or lack there of) above Him and His ability to work in us.

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally I believe the church is as “holy, blameless, and without spot’ as it will ever be.

Because,

It is His righteousness that God sees when He looks at us.

Carnality is man problem, not a church problem.

John O.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.