Is salvation basically a noetic change?

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Surprised people dont look back to Noah's flood, the great flood which God used killing every human and animal on the dry earth, but saved Noah because Noah was perfect in his generations, as an example of God's choice and it is not arbitrary at all. God owes life to none because of what they have done. Noah was not himself perfect, he was perfect in his generations, meaning an uncorrupted blood line from Adam, no nephilim (Satanic engineering) involvement.

5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

Noah Pleases God
9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

The Ark Prepared
13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

There is also an underlying story to the flood having to do with the watchers and nephilim fallen angels who corrupted the earth.

But the point I am making is God favored - chose - elected Noah, preserved Noah (and family) and all the rest were allowed to be corrupted by the evil one. The wickedness on the earth today is maybe even worse than it was then, and their destruction is also certain because of their wickedness.

14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

And Jesus says when He returns it will be as the time of Noah.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Here is a very very long video discussing some of that. With some fascinating information. The presentation is somewhat unusual, some people might find this information disturbing to the way they view the reasons of the flood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lktmmd7YnD8

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Is the difference between a non christian and a christian basically noetic?

That is to say is it basically a change in thinking?

It seems with me it would be, yet I can't see how regeneration could be merely a noetic change.

A change in thinking is part of the repentance which leads to salvation. But a change in thinking is not salvation in and of itself.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

janxharris

Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You didn't really answer my question. Try again

I answered. If it's nothing about the person then it's about God choosing whomever He wishes.
And we know that Calvinism cannot proffer a reasonable explanation as to how that might be morally acceptable.

Does any man deserve eternal life? Is it owed to them? Is it their due? To claim that "God leaves the rest without any recourse to eternal life" assumes that God is somehow obligated to do so, which implies that man, by reason of his very existence is owed that, or deserves it.

John 3:14-17 tells us that all men were provided for. It is not about obligation but God's choice to provide. Abraham said it well: Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together. (Genesis 22:8)

Now, making false and insulting references to Calvinism (Russian Roulette) is also against the rules. Care to stop?

I asked a question, that was all. You could have answered 'no' and said why - but you didn't.

Upvote 0

janxharris

Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟36,397.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Surprised people dont look back to Noah's flood, the great flood which God used killing every human and animal on the dry earth, but saved Noah because Noah was perfect in his generations, as an example of God's choice and it is not arbitrary at all. God owes life to none because of what they have done. Noah was not himself perfect, he was perfect in his generations, meaning an uncorrupted blood line from Adam, no nephilim (Satanic engineering) involvement.

There is also an underlying story to the flood having to do with the watchers and nephilim fallen angels who corrupted the earth.

But the point I am making is God favored - chose - elected Noah, preserved Noah (and family) and all the rest were allowed to be corrupted by the evil one. The wickedness on the earth today is maybe even worse than it was then, and their destruction is also certain because of their wickedness.

And Jesus says when He returns it will be as the time of Noah.

Here is a very very long video discussing some of that. With some fascinating information. The presentation is somewhat unusual, some people might find this information disturbing to the way they view the reasons of the flood.

What's to discuss? Mankind was wicked but Noah wasn't.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I answered. If it's nothing about the person then it's about God choosing whomever He wishes.

Very Calvinistic of you...

And we know that Calvinism cannot proffer a reasonable explanation as to how that might be morally acceptable.
Who is "we"? Do you have a frog in your pocket? What you claim to "know" is that Calvinism does not offer a reasonable explanation that you will accept.

And "morally acceptable"? By whose standard of morality? If you say "man's", you'd be wrong, because man's sense of morality is corrupt, and God is not beholden to how man thinks He should act.

If you say "God's", the you must provide scriptures that clearly demonstrate what you claim. Otherwise, you would be claiming to speak for God, and I seriously doubt that is the case.

John 3:14-17 tells us that all men were provided for.
That's what non-Calvinists want it to say, and will drive it right into the ground in spite of proof to the contrary. Don't start that here. This is opinion.

It is not about obligation but God's choice to provide.
A choice which He retains for Himself, seeing that Scripture also indicates that He withheld salvation from many, and even has created the wicked for judgment. That cannot and does not square with your theology. God does what seems right to HIM, not man.

I asked a question, that was all. You could have answered 'no' and said why - but you didn't.
It's never that simple, Jan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius21

Can somebody please pass the incense?
May 21, 2009
Dayton, OH
✟22,008.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In synergism, God gives prevenient grace to all, thus all are on an even playing field and can either accept or reject Jesus.

Accepting Jesus (in synergism) has nothing to do with anything God did or any kind of special, spiritual inward change of you (no such thing exists in synergism), so it must just be a mental exercise, no different than choosing whether or not to go to work today.

In the Bible, however, when a person accepts Jesus it is because a miraculous change wrought in them by God, and by grace.

First of all, I apologize for simply saying your statement was absurd...I did mean to say that :)D) but I somehow posted before I meant to, then never got around to making a fuller response.

I will try to get around to replying later if I'm able. Suffice it to say that I think your statement is completely at odds with what synergists actually believe. Nobody believes that the Holy Spirit leaves a person in the condition in which he was found. Furthermore, "nobody can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit." Thus, ANY choice by a person, to confess Christ as Lord, must necessarily be a work BOTH of that person AND of God. Two energies working together, co-operating, hence SYN-ergy.

Synergy is not "man does part, God does the rest." It's "Man does all, God does all, together." Monergism insists upon putting these ideas into their own little categories. Whatever man does, God does not do, and vice versa.

I say again, to be ignored again here, that it's all based on the Incarnation. God and Man together, acting in a single person. The early fathers were quite clear that our salvation is not a choice of God, but a mystical union with God. We participate in the incarnation by virtue or our humanity. Choosing to be saved does nothing. Being joined to Christ is what saves us.

The answer to "Did you choose Christ, or did Christ choose you," is "yes."

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Since I started the thread let me join in the little Calvinist vs Non-calvinist debate.

Since some people are so well read in theology, moreso than me, perhaps you can tell me what the other positions there are besides Calvinism and Arminianism. I don't subscribe to either.
About as many positions as the mind of man can invent...

Who turns from darkness to light, in repentance?
To clarify, are you asking who causes the turning, or who actually turns?

Who performs the remission of sins?
God

Who cleanses from sin and guilt
God

Who gives new life?
God

Who Justifies?
God

Who sanctifies?
God

Who works out their salvation in fear and trembling?
True Believers.

Upvote 0

Ignatius21

May 21, 2009
Dayton, OH
✟22,008.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since I started the thread let me join in the little Calvinist vs Non-calvinist debate.

Since some people are so well read in theology, moreso than me, perhaps you can tell me what the other positions there are besides Calvinism and Arminianism. I don't subscribe to either.

Any position that predates the 16th Century, most all of which still exist.

I spent about 7 years in the Calvinist world, where arguments against Arminianism tend to occupy people's minds much of the time (this current thread is a good example). I have found that Arminians and Calvinists tend to regard themselves as being each other's opposites, when in reality they share 99.999% of their DNA. Their major difference really only has meaning in the context of Protestantism, which itself makes full sense only when considered against the backdrop of the Roman Catholic Church that it rejected, and continues to reject.

I would suggest taking the time to read some more ancient sources. Read Clement's epistle to the Corinthians, and Ignatius of Antioch's 7 epistles to various churches (all early 2nd Century). Read the epistle of Polycarp (2nd Century). Read "On the Incarnation" by Athanasius of Alexandria (4th Century) and "Catechetical Lectures" by Cyril of Jerusalem (4th Century). These are all pretty accessible and don't go down deep rabbit trails of philosophy like some other early sources (e.g. much of Irenaeus' 2nd Century writing is directed at the Greek philosophies of his day, and can be very hard to decipher if you aren't well versed in those particular philosophies).

You will see that the kinds of issues that Calvinists and Arminians have fought over for centuries weren't even on the radar screens of these people. The church existed just fine, and still does, without Calvinism and Arminianism defining it.

Also remember that Augustine's theology, in various forms and degrees, really is what forms the basis for Roman Catholic theology, and then later of the many various Protestant schools of thought. In some way, the split between Rome and the Protestants could be classified as a battle between one part of Augustine's theology and another. Luther and Calvin took much of their thinking on predestination from Augustine.

Thing is...Augustine's theology of predestination doesn't exist in a vacuum and never did. It was part and parcel of a fairly grand philosophical system that he expressed over his lifetime. It's inseparable from his doctrine of the Trinity, the relationships among the persons, etc. It's inseparable from his ecclesiology and his understanding of sacraments.

In many of these areas, his theology (and that of his later followers) departs from (or at least, it takes in new directions) the theology that preceded it, and his theology never had much impact in the Eastern Christian world. This is why it often sounds like Orthodox Christians are speaking in some weird language when we interact with Protestants.

Who turns from darkness to light, in repentance?

Who performs the remission of sins?

Who cleanses from sin and guilt

Who gives new life?

Who Justifies?

Who sanctifies?

Who works out their salvation in fear and trembling?

[/I]

To some extent this depends on exactly how you define words like "justify" and "sanctify." They were never treated as separate and distinct concepts in much of Christian history. But let's consider a few points.

Basically, in each of these questions, aren't you really asking "What does God do, and what does man do?" Surely many will be quick to jump in and say "God gives new life!" And yes, God does give new life!

But can't we more specifically say that Jesus Christ gives new life? Didn't Jesus Christ grant remission of sins to those in the Gospel who came to him for healing?

So when Jesus forgave the sins of the paralyzed man, who forgave sins? God or man? The answer is "yes."

Jesus is the God-Man. That's why early Christian theology is so important. Jesus was BOTH God AND man, TWO natures, existing in ONE person. Natures don't *do* stuff. It was Jesus Christ, the one person, who forgave sins. Therefore it was both God and man who forgave sins.

Likewise, even now, it is both God and man who give new life, both God and man who forgive sins. And both God and man will raise all people up on the last day, some to everlasting joy, and others to everlasting misery.

This central mystery of the Incarnation--the "becoming flesh" of the Son of God--the inseparable union of God and man--that is the basis for all we can say about salvation. When we are "saved," we enter into saving union with God through Christ. He is human, as we are human. He is God, as we are not. But "in Christ" we too become partakers of divinity.

So please be careful about adopting the prevalent point of view that says, basically, if man participates in his own salvation, then somehow God is not doing it. If anyone starts talking about percentages (e.g. God does 99% and man does 1%, or God does 100% and man does 0%) just turn around and run away screaming. That isn't the way the Fathers spoke of it. It's both-and. Christ's work was 100% the work of God, and 100% the work of man. So, too, our salvation is 100% the work of God, and 100% the work of man.

It's worth at least looking at Orthodoxy. At least you will see Christianity as it exists without all the trappings that came to define it in the West (purgatory, indulgences, forensic imputation of righteousness, etc.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your comments. I have looked and remain open to Orthodoxy but Eastern Orthodoxy is a long stretch for me. Its not a case of of disagreement with the reformed faith (I like John Bunyan) but with the simplified varients of Calvinism.

I did purchase a copy online of the seven epistles of Ignatius recently. Thankyou for drawing these to my attention.

I have also For the Life of the World by Alexander Schmemen, and The Lenten Spring by Thomas Hopko

I just like reading from different traditions to be honest, I do try to search for what highly regarded in each, not what is popular, or well known necessarily.

Slightly off topic:

CS Lewis I find interesting for the following reason he moved towards Christianity by taking his then currently held philosophy seriously - which he described as a watered down Hegelianism. The nature of his philosophy (which had a metaphysic) meant some degree of setting aside self, or putting something before self was possible. And so he attemped obedience and found following this the Christian God was coming closer and closer to him. I have seen this notion that God will run with whatever you give him, or step you take in the right direction, in other places, for instance: 12 step recovery programs.

Addition:
It seem to go back to what Jesus said in the Beatitudes - those who are poor in spirit recognise their need and are blessed in Jesus Kingdom. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. They will perceive God aright.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius21

May 21, 2009
Dayton, OH
✟22,008.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your comments. I have looked and remain open to Orthodoxy but Eastern Orthodoxy is a long stretch for me.

What's the longest part of the stretch? Coincidentally, when I first encountered EO, it struck me as an oddball sect of incense-whiffing navel-gazers who had no theology and were afraid to talk about predestination. I mainly approached it as an oddity to be studied and corrected. Had you asked me six years ago, I wouldn't have said "long stretch" but "impossibility."

Now look at me. :liturgy:

Its not a case of of disagreement with the reformed faith (I like John Bunyan) but with the simplified varients of Calvinism.

I think the "simplified" variants of which you speak came to lose any sense of balance over time. I never spent too much time specifically reading Calvin himself, but I did find him on the whole to at least be striving for balance. I liked The Pilgrim's Progress. Having now come to believe that EO preserved the traditions of the apostolic church, I now believe that the Reformers did the best they could to return to the Church's apostolic roots, but that the categories in which they worked were still too closely tied to medieval Roman Catholicism.

None of this is to say that EO has perfect balance. As one of my favorite writers, Fr. Patrick Henry Reardon, once said, "Orthodoxy is a mansion with hundreds of rooms, and only a few of them are ever used."

I did purchase a copy online of the seven epistles of Ignatius recently. Thankyou for drawing these to my attention.

These were pretty impactful for me. At the very least, the threefold structure they so clearly teach really contradicted what I'd always been taught, namely that the idea of bishop as distinct from elder took centuries to arise.

I have also For the Life of the World by Alexander Schmemen, and The Lenten Spring by Thomas Hopko

:thumbsup:

I also got a copy of a book called REALITY by BH Streeter.

I just like reading from different traditions to be honest, I do try to search for what highly regarded in each, not what is popular, or well known necessarily.

Also :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic:

CS Lewis I find interesting for the following reason he moved towards Christianity by taking his then currently held philosophy seriously - which he described as a watered down Hegelianism. The nature of his philosophy (which had a metaphysic) meant some degree of setting aside self, or putting something before self was possible. And so he attemped obedience and found following this the Christian God was coming closer and closer to him. I have seen this notion that God will run with whatever you give him in other places, for instance: 12 step recovery programs.

I think CS Lewis may well be a good model for what a "Western Orthodoxy" would look like. His "Anglo-Catholic" views were definitely NOT protestant, yet he definitely was not Roman Catholic. And yet again, his thought and overall approach was more "western" than "eastern." Very interesting!

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Synergy is not "man does part, God does the rest." It's "Man does all, God does all, together." Monergism insists upon putting these ideas into their own little categories. Whatever man does, God does not do, and vice versa.

I say again, to be ignored again here, that it's all based on the Incarnation. God and Man together, acting in a single person. The early fathers were quite clear that our salvation is not a choice of God, but a mystical union with God. We participate in the incarnation by virtue or our humanity. Choosing to be saved does nothing. Being joined to Christ is what saves us.

The answer to "Did you choose Christ, or did Christ choose you," is "yes."

I believe you're describing Calvin's position. It's called compatibilism.

Recall that Luther was reacting against a late medieval view that said man did what he could on his own, and God responded with grace.

Where I suspect you may diverge from Calvin is dealing with those who aren't saved. Calvin will take the same position there. He will say that it is God's will that that person is not saved, but that the person also makes a responsible choice to reject God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Is the difference between a non christian and a christian basically noetic?

That is to say is it basically a change in thinking?

It seems with me it would be, yet I can't see how regeneration could be merely a noetic change.

I'm not sure a clear answer is possible. The terminology used in many of the responses is basically metaphorical. Obviously the heart just pumps blood. It has nothing to do with our motivations. But metaphorically we refer to a change of heart.

Speaking literally, the basic difference in orientation is a difference in thinking. That's all it could be. But when talking about how people think we often distinguish between knowledge and motivation. This isn't a literal difference. There aren't separate parts of the brain. But still, there is some sense in making the distinction. Facts, e.g. things that you learn in history class, may not have much effect on you unless you integrate them into a larger pattern of thought and behavior. Hence we refer to a difference between knowledge and heart. But I've read an interesting posting recently maintaining that it's still basically a matter of knowledge. It's just the kind of knowledge and its position in our overall pattern of thought.

The difference between a follower of Christ and an enemy of Christ is at this basic level that is tied with motivation and overall direction of our lives. However, looking honestly at the people around me, I have to say that the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian whose pattern of life is in accordance with what Christ taught may not be so basic. Some versions of Christian doctrine maintain that there can't be a non-Christian whose "heart" is in the same place as a Christian, but I don't think real-life experience (or Scripture) is consistent with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks again for replies

A few comments:

It seems to me Intellect was understood quite differently before Rene Descartes. It wasn't just a place of contemptation for quite abstract notions, that one can ponder or hold without them really affecting one's life direction.

In that era Intellect and Heart were more closely connected.

Josef Pieper (Thomist philosopher) for instance describes Hope and Despair as acts of the intellect.

People thought, but they didn't try to think themselves into existence, rather by Faith they understood God had thought them into existence. That changed with Descartes.

Leanne Payne's books are very helpful in explaining the christian understanding of the soul and the modern shift away from this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think CS Lewis may well be a good model for what a "Western Orthodoxy" would look like. His "Anglo-Catholic" views were definitely NOT protestant, yet he definitely was not Roman Catholic. And yet again, his thought and overall approach was more "western" than "eastern."

I agree in regard to him being a model for a western orthodoxy, given the influence on him of GK Chesterton's book The Everlasting Man before Lewis's conversion to Theism. But he was very much toward the evangelical centre of the Anglican communion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As one of my favorite writers, Fr. Patrick Henry Reardon, once said, "Orthodoxy is a mansion with hundreds of rooms, and only a few of them are ever used."

Thanks for mentioning this writer I have heard good things said about his books. I'll put his name on my to read something of list.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Salvation is the transformation of the entire person. But you can start wherever you want, so long as it works.

You can say change of heart, it's very trendy, but the truth is that starting with feelings is the least likely to work because feelings have a way of running roughshod over us and demanding that they be acknowledged.

That leaves thinking and actions, both good starting points. If you change actions before feelings, others can scream "hypocrisy!" However, over time something often occurs; the mind seems to think that if you are doing it, you are doing it for a reason, so the mind makes up a reason to believe for why you are doing it. Psychologists have found that if you change a person's behavior, that their attitude will often follow.

Changing one's thinking is also a good approach. The whole of Cognitive Therapy is based upon the truth that interrupting and repairing destructive thought patterns can change dysfunctional behavior. Doesn't THAT just sound like psychobabble for the gospel?

Be ye not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I think CS Lewis may well be a good model for what a "Western Orthodoxy" would look like. His "Anglo-Catholic" views were definitely NOT protestant, yet he definitely was not Roman Catholic. And yet again, his thought and overall approach was more "western" than "eastern."
I am not sure what exactly you mean by "DEFINITELY" not Roman Catholic. He stood on the shores of the Tiber. He was a Catholic in every way except that he didn't accept the Pope. But he prayed to saints, loved Mary, believed in purgatory, you name it. It is my guess that had he lived to see the liberalization of the Anglican Church, he would have become a full Catholic.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Salvation is the transformation of the entire person.

Yes.

But you can start wherever you want, so long as it works.

Oh? As it were, take out whatever tooth is most bothersome at the moment?

That leaves thinking and actions, both good starting points. If you change actions before feelings, others can scream "hypocrisy!" However, over time something often occurs; the mind seems to think that if you are doing it, you are doing it for a reason, so the mind makes up a reason to believe for why you are doing it. Psychologists have found that if you change a person's behavior, that their attitude will often follow.

I agree with you here - and this is helpful. I'd say that psychologists were not the first to find this however. Most people get up in the morning without feeling like getting up and unless they are in depression, their attitude to the day changes somewhat for getting up out of bed. And of course that is not hypocrisy.

You can say change of heart, it's very trendy...

If trendy as in 'trendy vicar', means up-to-date then its the least trendy words I have read on the matter - of course "change of heart" can be used without much sense of what that means or the depth of the change take CS Lewis' literary depiction of Eustace in Voyage of the Dawn Treader becoming undragoned, which would be closer to the import of the expression biblically.

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "DEFINITELY" not Roman Catholic. He stood on the shores of the Tiber. He was a Catholic in every way except that he didn't accept the Pope. But he prayed to saints, loved Mary, believed in purgatory, you name it. It is my guess that had he lived to see the liberalization of the Anglican Church, he would have become a full Catholic.

I don't understand this comment - countries have shorelines, rivers have banks. I didn't entirely understand the comment you refer to in this regard - there are others who have read more by and about Lewis than me, but I have read a fair bit. Written in brief (particular with the addition of "you name it" what you have written misrepresents CS Lewis, and fails to consider the greater part of his writting, or the nuances in his views - as such they cannot really help anyone who hasn't read what Lewis wrote on the matters you refer to.[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0