Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He walked on water in His flesh before His resurrection, and disappeared from the midst of a crowd that wanted to throw him off the roof.
He cursed the fig tree and it withered from the roots, and many other things..
Those are points worth considering, but how do you account for the fact that a number of his closest followers did not recognize him up close? No one else (that I know of) has a good explanation for this, other than that it was his glorified body.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those are points worth considering, but how do you account for the fact that a number of his closest followers did not recognize him up close? No one else (that I know of) has a good explanation for this, other than that it was his glorified body.
He had just been beaten to a bloody pulp, been striped with 39 stripes that tore the flesh out, his head was bloodied with the crown of thorns, his beard was plucked out, his body was dehydrated on the cross, and three nights and three days later, He appeared to them dressed, clean, and healed -with scars in his hands forever....
They were in a state of shock, and here He is, standing before them and none of the conditions He was buried in are visable.
So, He proves it is really, really, Himself!
Case closed.
The two on the road to Emmaeus did not recognize Him either, til He broke bread and blessed it....their eyes were veiled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are neither Jews, Greeks, nor Gentile in Yeshua, ...
but the rest that is:
Gal 3:27,28 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I'm a Gentile female, my husband is a Gentile male, we are both in Christ Jesus.
So the oneness is one of spiritual birth into the One New Man's Living Spirit of adoption. We do not lose gender or identity when we are born again.

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
but the rest that is:
Gal 3:27,28 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I'm a Gentile female, my husband is a Gentile male, we are both in Christ Jesus.
So the oneness is one of spiritual birth into the One New Man's Living Spirit of adoption. We do not lose gender or identity when we are born again.

This has nothing to do with losing identity, it has to do with being one in Christ; a family born of God, one body, putting away racism for we are members of the same family in Yeshua.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He had just been beaten to a bloody pulp, been striped with 39 stripes that tore the flesh out, his head was bloodied with the crown of thorns, his beard was plucked out, his body was dehydrated on the cross, and three nights and three days later, He appeared to them dressed, clean, and healed -with scars in his hands forever....
They were in a state of shock, and here He is, standing before them and none of the conditions He was buried in are visable.
So, He proves it is really, really, Himself!
Case closed.
The two on the road to Emmaeus did not recognize Him either, til He broke bread and blessed it....their eyes were veiled.
This is not a credible explanation. Others have tried it, but the fact is that the torture he had gone through only tends to prove--not disprove--the idea that it was a glorified body.

IF he had looked like a beaten pulp, this would certainly have been reflected somewhere in the various accounts of Jesus meeting with his disciples after his resurrection. Mary, the Apostles, the two on the road to Emmaus, and hundreds of others would not have reacted to him as they did, if this were the case. They all reacted to him as if he were a normal person...except that they didn't recognize him as the Lord. Imagine the two on the road walking and talking with him for hours and him looking like a zombie or some sort of monster; or Mary thinking he was the gardener! No. That's not possible unless he looked normal.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not a credible explanation. Others have tried it, but the fact is that the torture he had gone through only tends to prove--not disprove--the idea that it was a glorified body.

IF he had looked like a beaten pulp, this would certainly have been reflected somewhere in the various accounts of Jesus meeting with his disciples after his resurrection. Mary, the Apostles, the two on the road to Emmaus, and hundreds of others would not have reacted to him as they did, if this were the case. They all reacted to him as if he were a normal person...except that they didn't recognize him as the Lord. Imagine the two on the road walking and talking with him for hours and him looking like a zombie or some sort of monster; or Mary thinking he was the gardener! No. That's not possible unless he looked normal.
I think you did not understand what I said. The Bible says his countenance was more marred than that of any man. So he did not look like a normal human when he was hung on the cross and laid in the grave as far as his flesh condition.

When he rose from the dead he appeared in his same body that he came and is come incarnate in, but it was healed, though the scars of His crucifixion on His hands and no doubt, feet, remained. He was buried naked, and appeared fully clothed. He even folded the napkin that was tied about his head to keep his jaw closed, before he left the tomb.
Jesus promised his disciples that in the resurrection of their bodies, not one hair of their head (follicles), would be lost, nor any other part of the body as it is written in the book of life in all its parts and members. His body also had his facial hair plucked out, so says the scripture, but he did not rise from the dead missing facial hair.
The vivid memory of his condition at burial was fresh in the minds of his disciples who watched him crucified.
There was no comparison, nothing to prepare them mentally, for his appearance after his resurrection, when they saw him as a whole, not a "beaten to bloody pulp, man", with a figure marred more than any man -as it was when He had been buried- and dressed in beautiful garments unstained...so why would they, at first, believe the wonderful thing their eyes saw? Mary knew,when Jesus spoke, that which she was not expecting to see.
In Revelation 19, he returns to earth in the same human being flesh body that He is come incarnate in, and he wears the crown upon which the name YHWH is written, showing that he is the High Priest and firstborn Son of God of human being kind, of earth. The high priest in Israel served in the office of Christ/Messiah, who was to come, and their garments typed His New creation, human being body - complete with the crown upon which was written the name "YHWH".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has nothing to do with losing identity, it has to do with being one in Christ; a family born of God, one body, putting away racism for we are members of the same family in Yeshua.
There is only one Adam flesh race, with many tribes descended, and divided at the Tower of Babel destruction into many tongues.
There is One New Man, Messiah come in flesh of second human being creation.

He is one living spirit/Christ/Messiah, and he adopts the seed of Adam as sons, whom he came to ransom – whosoever will believe and receive him.
When we are born again, into his one Living Spirit, then we are sons of God in the new man Spirit, by adoption. But it does not change our physical gender, tribal descent from Adam, or position as to being married or single, slave or free.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correction on that... Jerusalem was not mentioned in that passage. That city mentioned had the attributes of both Sodom and Egypt... namely, licentiousness and atheism. It also says that the two witnesses would lay in the streets 3 1/2 years. Seeing as this is in the context of prophetic symbolism, every aspect is symbolic. As mentioned, the attributes of the city were symbolic, the two witnesses were symbolic, namely the New and Old Testament, Gods Word, clothed in sackcloth, a symbol for mourning of something dead, the Word of God during that time.
Long study summarized short, the time and place for this event was Paris France during the French revolution. For exactly 3 1/2 years the government of France declared God dead and for the goddess of Reason to rule. France, was both atheistic and licentious during that time and crucified the principles of Christ during that time.

8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. (Rev. 11:8). The city where our Lord was crucified is Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is only one Adam flesh race, with many tribes descended, and divided at the Tower of Babel destruction into many tongues.
There is One New Man, Messiah come in flesh of second human being creation.

He is one living spirit/Christ/Messiah, and he adopts the seed of Adam as sons, whom he came to ransom – whosoever will believe and receive him.
When we are born again, into his one Living Spirit, then we are sons of God in the new man Spirit, by adoption. But it does not change our physical gender, tribal descent from Adam, or position as to being married or single, slave or free.
I have been busy with my usual life duties and have not been on the thread for awhile. I am surprised how much discussion the topic has accrued.
Albion was one of the first to respond to this thread. He understands my point. Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15 that a seed does not look like a tree in his explanation of our glorified bodies. What we are now is not what we will be. I don't think we lose our genders nor our memories of what we were, but we will not be the same. Jesus is the first fruits from the dead. It has been disputed in this thread as to when he was glorified. Another facilitator has argued that he was glorified after his resurrection and that he walked around for 40 days showing himself in his glorified body. I, and some others, believe he was glorified after his ascension from the Mt. of Olives. The book of Revelations has a scene where he is shown as a lamb on the throne, and the statement that the Lion from the tribe of Judah has overcome. My point for posting this thread was to disavow Jesus as part of the Jewish culture. He is the new culture of the Kingdom of God. It is debatable as to who is a genetic descendant of Judah and who is a cultural Jew, especially in light of the Ethiopian Jews who clearly are not genetic descendants and the Khazarian Jews who are controversially gentiles from Japheth not Shem.

As partakers of the divine nature through the new birth, we should see ourselves as members of the new culture that Jesus began in the Kingdom of God. We should neither identify with the Jewish culture nor the many denominations of Christianity. The kingdom culture stands apart from the rest. We need to identify what that culture is and stand with that. Not as an American Christian, nor any other nationality, but as children of our heavenly Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. (Rev. 11:8). The city where our Lord was crucified is Jerusalem.
Again this is a prophetic passage and the imagery is symbolic... tell me how Jerusalem is called Sodom and Egypt spiritually?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again this is a prophetic passage and the imagery is symbolic... tell me how Jerusalem is called Sodom and Egypt spiritually?
It is a waste of my time then to try to convince you otherwise. Your point is that it is your hermeneutic belief that it is symbolic. You can believe what you want. The future will answer all questions.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is a waste of my time then to try to convince you otherwise. Your point is that it is your hermeneutic belief that it is symbolic. You can believe what you want. The future will answer all questions.
Amen...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would think it
Because OC Jerusalem had become more idolatrous, murderous and self righteous just as much as the Heathen gentiles around them.

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Lazarus
JESUS VS THE OC JUDEAN RULERS

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/why-jerusalem-is-mystically-called-sodom-and-egypt.7570002/
Why Jerusalem is Mystically Called Sodom and Egypt

This is what I believe. The "Great City" where the bodies of the 2 witnesses lay refers to Jerusalem. However, I do not believe it is the physical Jerusalem. I believe it is the idolatrous religion of the pharisees and the scribes which is now spread all over the world. The religion of self righteousness. Thinking that they can be justified by keeping the law of Moses and judging others who do not. Religion/Judaism without faith.

Jerusalem is called Sodom because of wickedness and immorality which comes when people are self righteous and are under the bondage of the law. See Romans 1.17-32 and Romans 7.5 & 14-25.
It is called Egypt because people under the Mosaic law are bound from righteousness. They must work hard and yet that does not earn them righteousness.

The Law of Moses makes people to know they are sinners in need of a savior, but hypocrites think by observing a few rules in it they are righteous and that is how they form the "Great City" Jerusalem.

Thanks JamesDAlbright for the Worderful scriptures.

Acts 21.12-13
When we heard this, we and the people there pleaded with Paul not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered;
Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus;

images
images

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I would think it
Because OC Jerusalem had become more idolatrous, murderous and self righteous just as much as the Heathen gentiles around them.

Too vague to be the fulfillment, imo... there are specific attributes attached to each city that identify the city of the prophesy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums