Is Jesus Jewish? I think not

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
Jesus was Jewish when he was on earth. Now he has ascended to heaven. To be honest I do not know which race to call him now. Perhaps racial and cultural differences doesn't really matter in heaven.

I am Asian. It doesn't mean that I will still be considered Asian in heaven. There might not even be an Asia Continent in heaven.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I do not like the word trinity because it makes it appear to some people as 3 gods, where is it 3 person which is the Godhead. Within the nature of the one God there are three distinct persons, Father who is God, Son who is God, the Holy Spirit who is God, not that we have three gods, but one.

About cessation of existence, then you need to explain Abraham bossom, unless you believe that is a parable, like some do.
If there are three separate, distinct personalities, then yes, that is tritheism, three gods. It seems you are arguing that there are three distinct personalities and what they all have in common is Godness or divinity. That is still three gods. Three men have in common human nature, but are still three separate men.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Curious:

Are we talking about Christ returning and entering into the glory of the Father sitting at the Father's right hand, or are we talking about Christ's transformed body?

I've been talking about Christ's body. That the resurrection is the transformation of the body, and Christ's "glorious body" as St. Paul calls it in Philippians 3:21 is as we shall have when we are raised up on the last day.

That's a lot different than the glory you seem to be talking about here, the glory the Son has at the right hand of the Father as Lord and King of all things.

-CryptoLutheran
I do not believe the Word of God ever states that Christ's body of flesh was ever changed/transformed, but that He is come in New Man flesh that could never corrupt, but He came without the glory that He left when He was hidden in God, with God, and was God, from eternity.

I do not believe that Adam's flesh would have ever corrupted if he had not defiled it with the fruit and then been cut off from eating of the Tree of Life and living forever in that unclean irreversible conditon of defilement and uncleanness.
That Adam was made, bodily, in the very image of God the Word who was to come is how I read Scripture, in Genesis 1:26-28, in the very image/likeness of God in the Person of the Word who was to come.
Romans 5:14 also states the same, that Adam was the very "tupos" of Him who was to come, and that means bodily.Adam's body would have lived forever and he would have been changed at the end of his day, by the reading of the ancient Jewish sages, which day was one thousand years, and that would have been the pattern for all his sons after him, on earth: a thousand year day, and then the glory.

So when Adam ate of the fruit, he could still have lived in his body without physically dying, forever, if he had eaten of the Tree of Life, but that would have made him forever an unclean vessel unfit for the Glory of God to indwell.
The dwelling of the Glory in the vessel of clay was the reason the Adam creation was made, and made male and female so as to multiply the sons of God of the human being kind for the City/Temple of God to be built up by, wiht those sons as living stones, in heaven....
A graduation higher lever, equal with the angels is how I understand Scripture.

But when God came in flesh of second man creation, His flesh that was prepared in the womb of the virgin for Him to don as a garment of Salvation to be brother to the Adam creation and the Son of David [by being born out of that womb of the wife of Joeseph] [Isaiah 59], His flesh body of second Man creation was exactly like the flesh body of the Adam creation, but without sin and could never corrupt.
He laid His life down, and He took it back up again in the same body in which He is ever our "Father", and we His adopted sons, in Spirit -and our Hope is to be in flesh like His at our regeneration.
As to getting the Glory of the indwelling Father, Jesus has that, without measure, since His ascension, received on Pentecost, and He sent a measure of it to the Church.
Each born again in Spirit adopted son is promised that they can receive the measure of that glory indwelling as the earnest payment on that which is to come, after the regeneration/transformation of the flesh body of them in resurrection to Life or regeneration at His coming. Theincorruptible body will then be glorified with the Glory of the Father, and that is what the Ark of the Covenant types, with the Glory over the Mercy Seat...in which Ark in heaven, the redeemed, born again in Christ, are also "hidden with God in Christ", until their change.

But: because Jesus died to cover the sin of Adam that brought the Adam flesh body into the unclean state of being, every seed of Adam that comes into the world will also be resurrected in their body which will never ever be separated from their soul again, in death, but their soul and body will be never dying worms in the Lake of Fire forever, because they are accountable for their own deeds done in the body and will be like Adam would have been if he had eaten of the Tree of Life, but only fit as cast aways, forever, and never dying worms in the Lake of Fire, in the second Death.

So the body is not glorified of the cast aways, but it will live forever in the second death.
The Body of those raised or regenerated to Life [because they are born again into the Living Spirit], will them be glorified with the measure of the Glory of the Father that they are rewarded with, at the judgment, for not all get the same measure of that Glory...Only the Firstborn Son has the Glory without measure....
Okay, I post now and may need to come back and clarify cause I have not proof read [small window on a tablet won't let me see mistakes] -gotta go...
Because we are born of His Spirit, we get the regeneratio "To Life", and the Glory of the Father indwelling us and then we will be "stones/living pillars in the Temple/City/House of God in heaven, forever....

God has one image, according to Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 9:6; Ezekiel 1:26, but before He came in flesh of second human being creation, He was hidden in God, by God, and was God [John also had read that, and references it in chapter 1], and pardon me for referencing it to you, but Enoch said He was hidden in secret, in God, and was the "Son of Man in heaven", who was to come and in whose name the elect [those who choose to live the elect life] would be saved.

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was Jewish when he was on earth. Now he has ascended to heaven. To be honest I do not know which race to call him now. Perhaps racial and cultural differences doesn't really matter in heaven.

I am Asian. It doesn't mean that I will still be considered Asian in heaven. There might not even be an Asia Continent in heaven.

There are neither Jews, Greeks, nor Gentile in Yeshua, we are are all servants of a King and the children of God. The Son of God came in the likeness of man and just like the Adam came into existence created in a divine nature (no sin), The Son of God came (not created) in that likeness divine nature, bodily structure, no sin. Cross reference "coming in the likeness of man" with what Yeshua stated, "being the second Adam" and you probably will conclude the way I concluded.

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If there are three separate, distinct personalities, then yes, that is tritheism, three gods. It seems you are arguing that there are three distinct personalities and what they all have in common is Godness or divinity. That is still three gods. Three men have in common human nature, but are still three separate men.

Apparently, you are construing the statement wrongly. I never said personalities when discussing the Triune God. Let me make it easier for you.... In a test you can get 3 substance (water, ice, vapor) with one element (H2O). So, is it 3 elements or 3 substances, but 1 element?

The way you made your statement without explaining what you believe makes you appear as a jehovah witness. Are you? or maybe you are like some messianic who do not believe Yeshua is of the essence of God (by nature).

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Flesh and born to dust, yes I will agree. I will respond to the second part tomorrow, stepping away from PC.
I thought further on this, the body decomposes so it ceases to be a body, but the matter does not cease. As you said it returns to dust. Even the material world will last because the gifts and callings of God are without repentance.

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I thought further on this, the body decomposes so it ceases to be a body, but the matter does not cease. As you said it returns to dust. Even the material world will last because the gifts and callings of God are without repentance.

Body must turn to dust as scriptures state, so I agree with you there. It brought up another topic in my mind, with your statement, which I will write later.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Body must turn to dust as scriptures state, so I agree with you there. It brought up another topic in my mind, with your statement, which I will write later.
I have been thinking about the tree of life and I think I know what fruit was on it. We know that the Hebrew word for life is hava so my guess is that the hava-cado is its fruit! ;-)

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have been thinking about the tree of life and I think I know what fruit was on it. We know that the Hebrew word for life is hava so my guess is that the hava-cado is its fruit! ;-)

There is a joke it had to be a banana, he slipped on the banana peel.

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no doubt that Jesus was Jewish. But I think Christians tend to believe he still is. I think that misunderstands the resurrection. The Bible says:

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.(Gal. 3:27 & 28)

This passage is often interpreted to mean that Jew nor Greek matters as a Christian, but it also says, "for you are all one in Christ Jesus". If we are neither Jew nor Greek in Christ, neither is Jesus a Jew nor a Greek. Jesus is the first fruits from the dead. He is the new creature that we are all new creations from.

Paul said to the Corinthians:

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 You fool, that which you sow is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which you sow, you sow not that body that shall be, but bore grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God gives it a body as it has pleased him, and to every seed his own body. (1 Cor. 15:35-38).

Take a look at the description of Jesus in the Book of Revelations and he does not even look human.

I think it is a mistake to assume Jesus is still Jewish, and just as big a mistake to assume that if you are Jewish or Greek in the flesh to think you are still so in the spirit.
We need to see ourselves as the new creatures of the new kingdom of God, not what we are or were in the body.

What do you all think?

Was Yeshua Jewish? Prior to taking the form of a man he was in the essence of God, no Jewish in him. He came through the seed of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and it was fulfilled in Mary who was of that seed. Being born into a Jewish family and in the Jewish culture, and being call a Jew one would conclude that he is Jewish. Yeshua came not of the DNA of man, but of the seed of a lineage and if he came in the DNA of a man he would be blemish .... would he? Please elaborate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read John 20:22, Yeshua breathed on them, and saith unto them, receive ye the Holy Spirit, which means that they received the Holy Spirit right before Yeshua left. What took place on Pentecost the Holy Spirit filled the room, it does not say God gave them the Holy Spirit, it says that there came a sound from heaven like a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. The moment one receives Christ as Savior the Holy Spirit comes in.

Some may say that it was "probably just" for their spiritual quickening in preparation for their full endowment with the Spirit in power at Pentecost, but if this was the case it would state that. Also note, any commentaries that say "probably just" indicates it is not conclusive. What is conclusive is that it says Yeshua breathed on them, and saith receive ye the Holy Spirit.

What took place on Pentecost day (which is 50 days from Passover up to the feast of Shavuot) was something unique that God and allowed the eleven disciple to partake of, this was why they were told to wait.

What John 20:22 states one cannot give it another interpretation.

I will put my view on the table, it is not stated to argue.
The Hoy Spirit of new birth is the adoption as sons of the Firstborn Son of God. When the LORD God formed the Adam flesh out of the dust He breathed into Him and Adam became a living soul....and a soul is the person, the body is the house the soul/person lives in, and the spirit is the nature/force, being of the created kind.
When the Adam spirit died, the curse of corruption entered the flesh of the Adam kind, and the spirit was cut off/divorced from the Father of Glory and cast down and out of Paradise in the third heaven. That death of the Adam spirit is the first death that all Adam souls come into their being in the state of -first death is separation from the Father.
That separation from the Father is why we who are born in Adam must be born anew/again, from above, into the One New Man living Spirit.
When the resurrected LORD Jesus Christ breathed into His disciples, they were, from that moment, born again, with the Living Spirit of regeneration/adoption in them.
But they were not empowered with the Holy Spirit of Power, and Jesus told them to tarry in Jerusalem for it, for He had not received it for He was not yet glorified. That happened ten days after His ascension, 50 days after His resurrection....

Upvote 0

Sundown

No title
Apr 17, 2016
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟8,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Hoy Spirit of new birth is the adoption as sons of the Firstborn Son of God. When the LORD God formed the Adam flesh out of the dust He breathed into Him and Adam became a living soul....and a soul is the person, the body is the house the soul/person lives in, and the spirit is the nature/force, being of the created kind.
When the Adam spirit died, the curse of corruption entered the flesh of the Adam kind, and the spirit was cut off/divorced from the Father of Glory and cast down and out of Paradise in the third heaven. That death of the Adam spirit is the first death that all Adam souls come into their being in the state of -first death is separation from the Father.
That separation from the Father is why we who are born in Adam must be born anew/again, from above, into the One New Man living Spirit.
When the resurrected LORD Jesus Christ breathed into His disciples, they were, from that moment, born again, with the Living Spirit of regeneration/adoption in them.
But they were not empowered with the Holy Spirit of Power, and Jesus told them to tarry in Jerusalem for it, for He had not received it for He was not yet glorified. That happened ten days after His ascension, 50 days after His resurrection....
------------------------------------------

Where in scriptures does it say that the moment Yeshua breathed into his disciples they were born again? Don't give me a probably opinion. Yeshua breathed into the disciples who were living souls, the Spirit of God dwells in us to teach us, guide us, to give us power to prosper in God's ways. One is saved the moment they confess that Yeshua is Lord; asking for forgiveness of their sins and if they are saved you will see the new birth threw their walk. There is no scriptures that you can give me that supports you view.

Again, the new birth comes through confessing and is demonstrated through a walk!

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
------------------------------------------

Where in scriptures does it say that the moment Yeshua breathed into his disciples they were born again? Don't give me a probably opinion. Yeshua breathed into the disciples who were living souls, the Spirit of God dwells in us to teach us, guide us, to give us power to prosper in God's ways. One is saved the moment they confess that Yeshua is Lord; asking for forgiveness of their sins and if they are saved you will see the new birth threw their walk. There is no scriptures that you can give me that supports you view.

Again, the new birth comes through confessing and is demonstrated through a walk!
One is saved the moment they believe and receive the Christ of the Gospel, who plants His "Seed" of the One Living Spirit in them.
The old man is dead in spirit since the fall, the New Man is the Living Spirit, and the adoption of sons comes to each soul who receives His Gospel of Peace.
To be born again in Spirit is the only way to be made sons of God in the New Man name, and the Hope of Glory is the hope which is of the adoption body, to come. The Holy Spirit of power to be Witnesses is not the new birth, but is what any born again in Spirit adopted son of God is to seek, so as to be His witnesses. The Gospel of Peace is not a Gospel of words of men's wisest discourses, but a Gospel of the demonstration of thePower of God, that our faith may not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
One can be born again and remain without the Gospel of Power by ignorance of tradition and/or denial of the Power, but the two are not the same thing.
Not in Scripture, anywhere, are they the same.
"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will"

New birth of Spirit began with the disciples of Jesus when He breathed on them after His resurrection and said "Receive the Holy Spirit".
He told them to wait for the Holy Spirt of power, so as to be His witnesses.
He received the Glory without measure, as Firstborn Son of God of the human being kind, and sent the promise of the full measure to come upon His adopted sons at Pentecost, and forever it is to be asked for by His adopted sons, as long as the Gospel is preached in all nations, til He come.

That is Bible doctrine.
In Adam we are dead. Being born from above by the Spirit of regeneration, into the Living Spirit/ Christ we are alive unto the Father in the Son and the Son is our Firstborn Everlasting Father of the second man creation. The Spirit of Christ has regenerated us as sons of God by the Spirit of adoption.

He empowers us to be His Witnesses by His Spirit of power.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is no doubt that Jesus was Jewish. But I think Christians tend to believe he still is. I think that misunderstands the resurrection. The Bible says:

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.(Gal. 3:27 & 28)

This passage is often interpreted to mean that Jew nor Greek matters as a Christian, but it also says, "for you are all one in Christ Jesus". If we are neither Jew nor Greek in Christ, neither is Jesus a Jew nor a Greek. Jesus is the first fruits from the dead. He is the new creature that we are all new creations from.

Paul said to the Corinthians:

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 You fool, that which you sow is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which you sow, you sow not that body that shall be, but bore grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God gives it a body as it has pleased him, and to every seed his own body. (1 Cor. 15:35-38).

Take a look at the description of Jesus in the Book of Revelations and he does not even look human.

I think it is a mistake to assume Jesus is still Jewish, and just as big a mistake to assume that if you are Jewish or Greek in the flesh to think you are still so in the spirit.
We need to see ourselves as the new creatures of the new kingdom of God, not what we are or were in the body.

What do you all think?

Another way of looking at this..... is
can somebody who is Jewish..... fulfill the role of Cyrus....
as predicted in Isaiah chapters 42 - 48?

I believe that the answer is YES!

Messiah Yeshua - Jesus will..... build his own people....
the Jerusalem Third Temple... .and will cleanse it
as predicted in Isaiah 66:5,6 predicts..........

Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

A pastor from Africa named Eporu Ronald Alfred has written an amazing and I believe inspired on the latter day Christian political Cyrus.

Eporu Ronald Alfred

Kakira Deliverance Church,
P.O. Box 3191, Kakira, Jinja, Uganda

Dear brethren,
I salute you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

RE: SHARING NEW DISCOVERIES OF THE TRUTH IN BIBLE PROPHECY CONCERNING THE IMMINENT HEALING AND UNITY OF THE CHURCH

I am mesmerized by the truth in bible prophecy that the Spirit of God has been revealing over the recent years. Secret things belong to God and those that are revealed belong to us and our children... (Deut 29: 29).

1. King Cyrus the great ruled his country 555 years Before Christ i.e. from 576 BC to 530 BC and authorised the rebuilding of the second temple in Jerusalem. Cyrus of the Old Testament is hence associated with the number 555 and is the shadow figure of incoming Cyrus II of the New Testament. You may learn more about his history from the internet and scriptures. This new truth enables us to identify the leadership of the world that will rebuild the temple in Jerusalem as prophesied in book of Isaiah before the rise of antichrist. Cyrus II is coming to revive the evangelical/Pentecostal church in Jerusalem and restore the headquarters of the church in same city where the church was born. He is set to strip Babylon of the vessels of the temple and the name of the Lord God and transfer that crown back to Jerusalem thus leaving Babylon naked. Cyrus will rebuild the temple in Jerusalem in fulfilment of the prophecy of Jesus as written in the book of John 2:18-23 and the prophecy of Isaiah as written in chapters 40, 41, 45 and 47 of the book of Isaiah. Jesus regarded the temple as the symbol of his own body while saying that he had the power to lay it down on the first day (1st millennium) and rebuild or raise it up on the 3rd day (3rd millennium). Remember that one day in the eyes of God is the same as one thousand years (millennium) as stated in book of 2 Peter 3:8. Rebuilding of the temple is thus associated with unification of the church.

Cyrus II will rebuild the temple in honour of our lord Jesus Christ. The temple will be the unifying (rallying) point of the world wide evangelical church as the original headquarters of the church. Psalms133 denotes that there is such a powerful anointing that comes along with unity among brethren. Unification of the whole body of Jesus Christ will make the church so powerful that she will overrun the world within a short time before the return of our lord Jesus Christ. A divided church is a powerless church whereas a united church is a powerful church. The church can only be able to fulfil her ultimate mission of revealing Jesus to the world once we get united as one body of Jesus Christ following his last prayer for his disciples as written in John 17:20-23.

Cyrus II will erase that false image of Jesus that the counterfeit and Idolatrous state church of Babylon has been projecting around the world and revive the original church that projects the true brilliant image of Jesus Christ. Haggai 2:9 says that the glory of the latter church (temple) will be greater than the glory of the former church (temple).The rise of Cyrus will also usher in the ultimate fulfilment of the prophecy of Joel 2:28 where God intends to pour out His Spirit on all flesh in these last days. The era of Cyrus brings the gentile period of grace to its close and leads to the restoration of the Jewish period of grace and salvation.

2. King Manasseh was the shadow figure (forerunner) of the antichrist in the Old Testament who ruled over Jerusalem exactly 666 years Before Christ i.e. from 697 BC to 642 BC. (2 chronicle 33: 1-2 and 2 kings 21: 1-17). Antichrist is associated with the number 666 as written in the book of Revelation 13:18. Manasseh was the most evil king to have ever ruled over the city of Jerusalem and kingdom of Judah.

Manasseh is reported to have killed so many innocent people in Jerusalem that the streets of Jerusalem were flowing with blood; he worshiped pagan idols and stars; he built pagan alters for idols and stars in the very courtyards of the temple; he sacrificed his sons to idols; he consulted diviners and mediums; he even set up an abominable pagan image at the temple that causes desolation just as the incoming antichrist will do. It was on that basis that God decided to have that first temple destroyed completely since Manasseh had desecrated it.

3. Prophet Jonah was the shadow figure (forerunner) of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament who undertook his prophetic ministry around 777 B.C. Prophet Jonah is hence associated with the number 777. He arose from the shadow and demise of Prophet Elisha. His preaching radiated such great power and authority that turned the city of Nineveh as the rising super power of that time up side down within 3 days only (read the book of Jonah). Jonah was the prophetic force behind the restoration of the lost territories of Israel in the reign of King Jeroboam II of Israel between 782 BC and 741 BC as written in II Kings 14:25. Jonah related with God more or less as his own father and God loved him more or less as His own son. He volunteered to die save occupants of the ship and was raised to life after three days just like Jesus Christ. Jesus compared himself with Jonah as his forerunner in the Old Testament as far as his earthly ministry, death and resurrection was concerned in Mathew 12; 38-41, Luke 11; 29-32. Jesus will also oversee the restoration of the lost territories of Israel just like prophet Jonah when he comes to rule as the king of kings and Lord of Lords. We can therefore correctly associate Jesus Christ with the number 777 just like Jonah as our commander-in-chief, Lord of the Sabbath and fountain of life.

The more we know where we came from the more we know where we are going. You are cordially invited to visit my face book home page for more information and messages. Feel free to share this truth with other brethren just as I received it free of charge from God.

Your brother in Christ

Eporu Ronald
Scientist & Minister of Bible Prophecy

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He was whatever Mary was. That, however, doesn't flatly explain whether this aspect of his body remained unchanged after the Resurrection. We already know from the Gospel accounts that his body was transformed, so was this (ethnic identify) part of the transformation or glorification of it...or not? It's hard to know.
Well....... if he kept physical scars on his hands and feet.... .and in his side....... then he
kept his body.........

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well....... if he kept physical scars on his hands and feet.... .and in his side....... then he
kept his body.........
There is substantial evidence that it was significantly changed, however, if not in that particular respect. Remember that he was not recognized by his closest followers, he walked through walls, and so on.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is substantial evidence that it was significantly changed, however, if not in that particular respect. Remember that he was not recognized by his closest followers, he walked through walls, and so on.
True.... he had all the powers of the age to come after H-s resurrection!

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is come in flesh of second Man creation, forever. In that Flesh, he is the Fist born Son of God of the human being kind, and his name is "Israel", as to the New Man flesh name, as He says in Isaiah 49. He invoked that name over Jacob and his seed, forever, as a sign of The adoption into that flesh body with the New Name of the New Man creation, as opposed to the old man name, "Adam". We are Adam spirit/nature/kind in our being, and must be born again into the one living spirit of the new man name/Christ/Messiah, and when we are born again we are adopted into that one living Spirit, which adoption into the Spirit, from above, gives us the promise of the adoption of the flesh, to come.
The New Man flesh is not the Adam corrupted flesh, but the Israel flesh, of promise, and the new man flesh will be the vessel made for beauty and for Glory, and incorruptible.
That is what the redemption is all about: to ransom us back for the Glory of the Father to Indwell us.
That's what we lost, in Adam, and get back in Christ/Messiah.

He walked on water in His flesh before His resurrection, and disappeared from the midst of a crowd that wanted to throw him off the roof.
He cursed the fig tree and it withered from the roots, and many other things. He told us we could do what he did, and would do what he did and many more such things because he went to the Father. He sent the Holy Spirit of power, that we might be anointed to be His witnesses in this age of the Church, and proclaim the gospel of Peace to all men, until He comes to take us out of the midst of the world, and to do His promised restoration of Israel and the cleansing of the earth for the Sabbath millennium; with removal of all wickedness from the earth.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am sure there are some who understand this, but I don't think the vast majority of people who are called Christians, actually think this through. I think this misunderstanding is a big reason Evangelicals are strong supporters of Israel. Yet Revelations calls Jerusalem Sodom and Gommorrah where our Lord was crucified.
Correction on that... Jerusalem was not mentioned in that passage. That city mentioned had the attributes of both Sodom and Egypt... namely, licentiousness and atheism. It also says that the two witnesses would lay in the streets 3 1/2 years. Seeing as this is in the context of prophetic symbolism, every aspect is symbolic. As mentioned, the attributes of the city were symbolic, the two witnesses were symbolic, namely the New and Old Testament, Gods Word, clothed in sackcloth, a symbol for mourning of something dead, the Word of God during that time.
Long study summarized short, the time and place for this event was Paris France during the French revolution. For exactly 3 1/2 years the government of France declared God dead and for the goddess of Reason to rule. France, was both atheistic and licentious during that time and crucified the principles of Christ during that time.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am sure there are some who understand this, but I don't think the vast majority of people who are called Christians, actually think this through. I think this misunderstanding is a big reason Evangelicals are strong supporters of Israel. Yet Revelations calls Jerusalem Sodom and Gommorrah where our Lord was crucified.
There is both a City and Country mentioned in Reve 11.
I, and many others, believe they are OC Jerusalem and Israel in the 1st century are symbolizing those [tho it could also be future for them].
Here is an interesting thread on that if you and others are interestied:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/why-jerusalem-is-mystically-called-sodom-and-egypt.7570002/
Why Jerusalem is Mystically Called Sodom and Egypt

Ezekiel 38:19

"And in My jealously, in fire of rage of Me I speak, if not in that day,
shall become a great earthquake on ground of Israel"

[Revelation 16:18]

Rev. 11:8
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom[Jerusalem?] and Egypt[Israel?],
where also our Lord was crucified.

Reve 16:18

and became lightnings and thunders and voices and a great earthquake became, such-as not became since the men became upon the land,
such proportion an earthquake, thus great.
[Haggai 2:6/Ezekiel 38:19]

Just look at the "Holy Land" of Israel today:

Romans 1:
and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,…

Romans9:
28 FOR THE LORD WILL EXECUTE HIS WORD ON THE EARTH, THOROUGHLY AND QUICKLY."
And just as Isaiah foretold, "UNLESS THE LORD OF SABAOTH HAD LEFT TO US A POSTERITY, WE WOULD HAVE BECOME LIKE SODOM, AND WOULD HAVE RESEMBLED GOMORRAH."

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/0...cuse-widespread-palestinian-lgbt-persecution/

There is a concerted effort to undermine an indisputable truth — Israel is the safest, most-welcoming, most open society for LGBT individuals in the Middle East.

upload_2016-5-1_13-35-8.jpeg
upload_2016-5-1_13-35-50.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0