Aug 14, 2012
✟15,177.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
So I posted in the prayer forum, and someone suggested I post in this thread instead. So I'm gonna copy/paste my post:

Why does it seem that every time I meet some girl and think, "Wow, she's really something" and begin taking steps to move forward in a relationship, I begin to have such negative feelings about myself? My coworkers and acquaintances have absolutely no idea that I have such low self esteem, only a hand full of friends. But why can't I seem to do anything about it. Nothing ever changes. Meet someone new (ironically a coworker's twin) and things go great but I doubt myself the entire way through. I can't start or carry a conversation (somewhat in person but none at all via text/chat format).

You can pray if you wish, I would just rather understand why I am the way I am. Perhaps someone out there will know what I'm talking about or know someone like myself.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like a self-confidence issue.

You may want to look for a counselor or therapist to talk to about this. They can help you through exercises and therapy to help you recognize and correct some ways of thinking associated with this problem.

I'm actually going through it right now and it is very helpful, but I'm afraid I'm not a good teacher at all and can't really put the right words together on what to do.

Upvote 0