✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And you are saying … what?

Don’t “bugs” and viruses and waste and filthy drinking water and unsanitary conditions affect "people"?

~Jim

No not germs, insects. The green lobby have got the government in such an uproar that they cant build a bridge or houses for people if there is an unusual little green beetle on site. They cant move the beetle, that might distress it. If you squash the beetle you get sent to prison.

In the 70s the green scaremongerers told us we would be facing an ice age. Now its global warming. So all the do gooders go after CO2 emissions but in a couple of years there will be some new crusade to go on. Its all to deflect attention away from the real questions.................how can a government offer to spend unlimited resources on an Iraq war but then say they are too hard up to keep a hospital for sick children open? How can extreme wealth and extreme poverty be allowed to coexist happily side by side? How can an alleged Christian government give preferential treatment to muslims? There are people murdered in race hate crimes and the police are too 'busy' to arrest the suspects?

Oh yea and when the green party gets into power, they dont want to save the whales. Not they've got a prop-gay anti Christian agenda. We have had a green party in power here, they brought in gay marriage. How does gay marriage save the whales?

But the average Joe seems to be happy to save the planet from a non existent threat and ignore the big issues. We've had global cooling, global warming, I wonder whats next, global video?

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to Gods Word man is and will be destroying the earth and will be judged accordingly. It seems we are doing it quickly. Here where i live the ground water used to be clean now we cant drink it. The creeks i fished in as a kid that had natural springs are dry as are the lakes because the water table has went down. There are no bees to be seen no grasshoppers no jackrabbits. Whole areas of trees dead and this is just a small list of what WE -MAN has done to the enviroment.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I recently visited my son in Boston. They (the Bostonians), are very much interested in the subject of the environment.

My son asked me what the Church teaches about this subject. To tell you the truth, I didn't really know. I don't really hear it addressed in church.

What do you think? Is God an environmentalist?
well yes, and at the same time a resounding no.

God as the creator and one who loves his creation and thinks it good, could easily be said to be THE environmentalist.

However, much of what is included in what our society calls environmentalism is just paganism and/or communism repackaged with green marketing.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's all $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - and a big hoax.

They will tax us and make us do things that are not necessary all in the name of environment.

10 years ago - we would be in an ice age by 2007 - well I don't think ice forms in 96 degree weather.

Greenland was named Greenland for a reason - thousands of years ago it was Green. The earth changes, but what the Al Gore worshipers and the government are doing to us is disgraceful and the majority of the people are falling for it.

The earth goes in cycles - all natural.

I hope everyone that is believing everything that comes out enjoys their $3 - $5 gas - taxes that are out of sight - cars that have to be made a certain way with more taxes, etc and on and on and on - I hope they all can be real proud of themselves that 10 years from now the temperture will not have changed 1/10 of a degree and then they will realize it is a hoax.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Environmentalism is not an answer.

The bible says when a nation turns away from God it impacts the agriculture and the environment. The only solution is to turn back to God as a nation and repent. There is no solution in throwing money or rhetoric into environmental projects. The nation must turn back to the Lord.

All creation groans for the revelation of the sons of God. Getting back to God is the only solution for anything.

Is 30
23 He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Environmentalism is not an answer.

The bible says when a nation turns away from God it impacts the agriculture and the environment. The only solution is to turn back to God as a nation and repent. There is no solution in throwing money or rhetoric into environmental projects. The nation must turn back to the Lord.

All creation groans for the revelation of the sons of God. Getting back to God is the only solution for anything.

Is 30
23 He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.

I agree.

In addition to needing national revival, I think one of the things the church should do is simply teach people a sense of responsability for themselves. If you want a cleaner environment, stop throwing garbage out your car window.

Be concerned for how your actions impact other people. etc etc. That includes in personal life and in business etc etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree.

In addition to needing national revival, I think one of the things the church should do is simply teach people a sense of responsability for themselves. If you want a cleaner environment, stop throwing garbage out your car window.

Yes, an individual responsibility to show respect to others and for the environment by as you say putting rubbish away in the bin.

And a corporate responsibility, a nation that has gone away from God will not prosper in any area, including the environment. When the Nation repents and turns back to God then the blessings flow.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
:cry: I get depressed when seeing what is happening to the environment-- But I know Abba's gonna make all things new and will bring back all the beautiful creatures, trees and forests!! That brings me hope. SOmetimes it depresses me that I have to live in these days. I want to go up in some mountains somewhere and smell the scent of ponderosa pine---I know all creation groans (Romans 8:22).
Destroying the land in the 'name of progress' is not progress at all!!

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
One reason why the environmnet is messed up, is also because evil men under the power of satan--illuminati, are in power. They slaughtered hte buffalo so to break Native tribes, to have them forced on reservations. It was man under satan that destroyed a food source--not God. If man under satan, can slaughter buffalo to destroy a culture, then how much more, can they also destroy the earth today. Millerrod's quote of scripture is right. GOd will destroy those who destroy the earth--the illuminati---babylonian system. The evil leaders who chose to follow satan(though they gave 'lip service' go God--and did genocide of natives in the name of God, and slaughtered buffalo, etc.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
Another thing--how many of yall heard of chemtrails??? Google that and you're find stuff on chemtrails--it's believed the Government is spraying stuff in the air but they won't tell us what it's for. One lady here in town that I know, told me that one time she spoke and complain publically about some chemtrails here in town, on a radio program, and immediately had a gov. helicopter come and hover over her house--to scare her. She believes the chemtrails may have somethng to do with the high rates of cancer in certain areas, etc.
Mmmm..thinking about the scripture in Revelations abiout how God will destroy those who destroy the earth--it makes me think of when they invented the nuclear bomb out in NM. There's been all sorts of stuff going on at White Sands(where they first tested it back in 45. and people who live nearby have gotten cancer, health problems, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did a study on the effects of the fallout from the nuclear tests back years ago in nevada The goverment has studied this and actually have maps that show the amount of fallout and where it landed.Time did an article on it years ago it shoud maps specific down to the counties the heaviest fallout landed here in Kansas i got the figures for cancer % per county and its huge how much more can is here in westarn kansas where the fallout was the greatest compared to other states and even eastern kansas. they say it settles in the dirt and then each year its dry and the wind blows we get a new dose of it and it actually gets more deadly with age. the cancer % was shocking to say the least so shocking our newspaper wouldnt even run the study.

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Churchlady you are back :)

Welcome back....hope your time offline was good!

Thanks simpleone! The time offline was very productive. I even received a detailed prophecy confirming many things the Lord had been saying to me.

But I'm glad to be back. And I see many changes have been made since I've been gone.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread. I especially liked Jim's comment about 'tending the garden'.

After all, man's first assignment was to do exactly that. Good point, Jim.

Like Adam and Eve, we can only be responsible for our little section of paradise. But I do think we will have to give an account. To that end, one thing that I do is use 'chicken poop' in my flower garden. It's called 'Cockadoodle Doo'. No chemicals, just good old fashioned poop.

Upvote 0

CrisB

Looking to Jesus - Author and Finisher of my Faith
Nov 8, 2008
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is The Environmentalist - Creator of Heaven and Earth. You might direct your son to environmental ministries like Let's Tend the Garden and Restoring Eden, Floresta and other Christian organizations that partner seek environmental stewards to heal and protect our natural resources, the flora and the fauna of God's creation. Man was placed in the Garden of Eden to tend and care for it. Creation care should be a part of our everyday life, as is caring for the widows, orphans and the sick. If we don't take care of the natural resources He has provided for our sustenance, we can't fulfill His command to care for one another.

Upvote 0

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Does God care if we pump harmful substances and mixtures into the atmosphere? I think so.

Is God so dogmatic and ignorant of recent and distant history that He thinks the natural state of this planet (which He created) is geothermally stagnent? I'm gonna say no.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I recently visited my son in Boston. They (the Bostonians), are very much interested in the subject of the environment.

My son asked me what the Church teaches about this subject. To tell you the truth, I didn't really know. I don't really hear it addressed in church.

What do you think? Is God an environmentalist?

Think first of all the question has to be phrased properly. "Environmentalist" as a label skews the question away from meaningful dialogue/discussion and into the realm of divided political camps. Those who attach a negative meaning to the term itself -- regardless of whether their reasons for doing so have objectivity and legitimacy or NOT -- may automatically turn the head and turn up the nose without examining the actual issues involved because the term happens to be evocative of political agendas they already possess fixed and unyielding notions about.

So let's skip the labels and look at what Moriah believes to be the one scripture which actually directly addresses the issue. Revelation 11:15-18 speaks of the sounding of the trumpet of the seventh angel (and there's more information about this particular trumpet in Rev. 10 by the way which needs to be grasped but that's another topic). Verse 18 would be the one addressing this question, as Moriah sees it, but let's look at the passage in context:
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
The passage refers to this time as judgment time, judgment day, the day to hand out all the rewards and punishments, and there's no escaping it: the ones spoken of here as meriting destruction happen to be those "which destroy the earth." That'd be what God has to say on the subject, like it or not.

Here would be what Moriah has to say. "Dominion over" this planet wasn't granted in the beginning for us to pillage its resources, befoul its air and waters, and trample other species into the dust or allow our carelessness daily production of toxic wastes and garbage to destroy their habitations. The scripture states in Genesis man's first job had been to TEND the garden and KEEP it, and when put out of the garden to till the soil for his own bread and given "dominion over" the earth, he gets told to REPLENISH it as well as "subdue" (tame, order) it. Not suck the marrow from its veins to his own harm and then guffaw at anyone daring to challenge his myopic selfishness and denounce them as "hippie tree huggers" or whatever idiotic mocking nonsense gets spewed these days. (The Bible has quite a bit to say about mockers and scoffers also. We will leave that sidetrack for a separate discussion, but suffice to say none of it would be flattering or approving.)

Proper respect for the environment we live in now, and the earth that God originally gave us, clearly ranks as important to Him in determining to whom He will entrust a new and freshly made one. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if a young man receives a gorgeous sports car for his 18th birthday from his parents, and instead of taking care with this precious and expensive present he runs it into the ground, refuses to perform routine maintenance to keep it clean and running in top shape, and drives recklessly endangering himself and others with it, even drinking while driving perhaps, so that eventually he wrecks the car and makes a scrap heap of it, would that be the signal to Mom and Dad to run out and buy him a new one? Hardly. Do we really imagine God will entrust a new, freshly created earth free of sin, disease and pollution to those who have demonstrated here, now, in this lifetime, despite profession and protestation of faith in Him even, that they cannot be bothered to at least try to do their part in their daily choices to take proper care of the one they had the first time around? Or that they've been willing to prioritize selfish concerns above doing so where doing so would be a personal inconvenience or go against what they "want" to do?
Hardly. Guess again.

Moriah's 2 cents. Up to God to make the blind see, cuz that ain't a power available to this one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.