United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Environmentalism is not an answer.

The bible says when a nation turns away from God it impacts the agriculture and the environment. The only solution is to turn back to God as a nation and repent. There is no solution in throwing money or rhetoric into environmental projects. The nation must turn back to the Lord.

All creation groans for the revelation of the sons of God. Getting back to God is the only solution for anything.

Is 30
23 He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.

:wave:

Godly wisdom.

Thank you, brother Lismore.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think first of all the question has to be phrased properly. "Environmentalist" as a label skews the question away from meaningful dialogue/discussion and into the realm of divided political camps. Those who attach a negative meaning to the term itself -- regardless of whether their reasons for doing so have objectivity and legitimacy or NOT -- may automatically turn the head and turn up the nose without examining the actual issues involved because the term happens to be evocative of political agendas they already possess fixed and unyielding notions about.

So let's skip the labels and look at what Moriah believes to be the one scripture which actually directly addresses the issue. Revelation 11:15-18 speaks of the sounding of the trumpet of the seventh angel (and there's more information about this particular trumpet in Rev. 10 by the way which needs to be grasped but that's another topic). Verse 18 would be the one addressing this question, as Moriah sees it, but let's look at the passage in context:
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. 16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
The passage refers to this time as judgment time, judgment day, the day to hand out all the rewards and punishments, and there's no escaping it: the ones spoken of here as meriting destruction happen to be those "which destroy the earth." That'd be what God has to say on the subject, like it or not.

Here would be what Moriah has to say. "Dominion over" this planet wasn't granted in the beginning for us to pillage its resources, befoul its air and waters, and trample other species into the dust or allow our carelessness daily production of toxic wastes and garbage to destroy their habitations. The scripture states in Genesis man's first job had been to TEND the garden and KEEP it, and when put out of the garden to till the soil for his own bread and given "dominion over" the earth, he gets told to REPLENISH it as well as "subdue" (tame, order) it. Not suck the marrow from its veins to his own harm and then guffaw at anyone daring to challenge his myopic selfishness and denounce them as "hippie tree huggers" or whatever idiotic mocking nonsense gets spewed these days. (The Bible has quite a bit to say about mockers and scoffers also. We will leave that sidetrack for a separate discussion, but suffice to say none of it would be flattering or approving.)

Proper respect for the environment we live in now, and the earth that God originally gave us, clearly ranks as important to Him in determining to whom He will entrust a new and freshly made one. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if a young man receives a gorgeous sports car for his 18th birthday from his parents, and instead of taking care with this precious and expensive present he runs it into the ground, refuses to perform routine maintenance to keep it clean and running in top shape, and drives recklessly endangering himself and others with it, even drinking while driving perhaps, so that eventually he wrecks the car and makes a scrap heap of it, would that be the signal to Mom and Dad to run out and buy him a new one? Hardly. Do we really imagine God will entrust a new, freshly created earth free of sin, disease and pollution to those who have demonstrated here, now, in this lifetime, despite profession and protestation of faith in Him even, that they cannot be bothered to at least try to do their part in their daily choices to take proper care of the one they had the first time around? Or that they've been willing to prioritize selfish concerns above doing so where doing so would be a personal inconvenience or go against what they "want" to do?
Hardly. Guess again.

Moriah's 2 cents. Up to God to make the blind see, cuz that ain't a power available to this one.

This isn't the judgement day. The end of chapter 11 is the gateway into the final 3 1/2 years of God's judgement. Those who destroy the earth are not guilty of causing global warming or killing a species of fish they are guilty of provoking God into the deadly judgements immediately following chapter 11.

Here is the purpose of the time immediately following these verses the time if Jacob's Trouble:

Jeremiah 30:4-11
4: And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.
5: For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.
6: Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
7: Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
8: For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
9: But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
10: Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
11: For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.

The whole passage is useful for understanding, but to read polution and strip mining into the cause of the time of Jacob's Trouble is to completely misunderstand its purpose.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This isn't the judgement day. The end of chapter 11 is the gateway into the final 3 1/2 years of God's judgement. Those who destroy the earth are not guilty of causing global warming or killing a species of fish they are guilty of provoking God into the deadly judgements immediately following chapter 11.

Here is the purpose of the time immediately following these verses the time if Jacob's Trouble:

[/u]

The whole passage is useful for understanding, but to read polution and strip mining into the cause of the time of Jacob's Trouble is to completely misunderstand its purpose.

Rev 22:18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The passage Moriah quoted speaks for itself. Attempting to bend it to suit some prefabricated and convoluted system of eschatology will not change its actual meaning. Destroy the earth means just that. Nowhere in the passage itself does this get spiritualized away. Moriah has no interest in whatever the latest eschatological fad happens to be. It quoted scripture, period.

But go on, think whatever you please. It's no skin off Moriah's nose. You don't answer to daimonizomai for convoluted, complicated arguments to avoid the simplicity of taking the word just as it reads.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think God is an environmentalist.

God has already said that this earth will pass away, and He will bring in a new one.

Isaiah 65:17

Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22

"As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure.

2 Peter 3:13

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

All this is passing away. Satan is trying to deceive as many as he can, and occupy their time with useless, trivial issues that are designed to keep us busy, and not give us time to consider and meditate on the things God wants us to keep in mind.

Now God gave a command to Adam and Eve in Eden to oversee the garden. God also told them not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. When they did, God punished them and kicked them out of the garden. The directive to look after the garden becomes invalid at this point, because the owner of the garden kicked them out.

An environmentalist works from the assumption that we must take good care of this planet, because that is all we have, and if we destroy it, we will also die. God has already said He will create a new earth, and this one will be destroyed, so He cannot be an environmentalist.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.