...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've said enough regarding my stance on the subject which was not about 'metal' it was about 'thrash death metal' and would prefer to bow out of this thread for now as my opinion obviously is a 'problem' for others and I don't want to continue to cause distension over and over again. My stance is strong; I not only do not care for death metal but would go as far as saying I attempt to steer others away from that type of music, and instead turn them to obey the teachings of the Messiah, for the sake of their own souls. End of....
Peace out!

Now I'm struggling to think you're doing anything but trolling the thread.

If you want to say that listening to death metal is in any way contradictory to the teachings of the Messiah you need to say why. Otherwise our immortal souls truly are at stake while you play guessing games with us. I don't imagine that will stand you in very good stead come Judgment Day.

Reactions: FireBrimstone
Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
contango said:
Now I'm struggling to think you're doing anything but trolling the thread.
I just read this whole thread and thought the exact same thing after just a few of his posts. He's acting all like he's better than people who listen to Christian metal, but has VERY flawed arguments that aren't supported by Christ's teachings at all. I couldn't even take the posts seriously in all honesty.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
faroukfarouk said:
What do you guys think of Disciple? Some of their tracks such as Battle Lines are hard rock / almost metallish but also have strongly Biblical lyrics (such as 'Battle Lines'). Very effective.
See my post from just now in the thread about Disciple. lol

Upvote 0

TMM99

Nov 3, 2014
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
LOL! If you can't understand why I say thrash death metal is bad for the soul then there is no hope in helping you to realise. If you believe that screaming along with that cranked up guitars and drums noise is pleasant and is for worship then all the best with your worship time. I find it terribly nasty music with harsh negative undertones no matter what the lyrics say, it's relentless aggressive screaming and you won't be hearing that rubbish in the new earth. You thrash metal lovers simply don't like my opinion, I understand why you are so defensive of this terrible taste in music, it is because you harbor anger, resentment, bitterness and thoughts of malice. This is why you sympathise with this angry nasty sound, for out of the mouth comes the overflow of the heart.. you say only people who have experienced pain can connect with this music? Then you are still in pain, haven't forgiven, haven't repented and are not healed and made whole. You won't find the Messiah's peace in thrash metal..

"I just realized TMM is attacking Christian metal in this thread, but praising Christian rap in the other thread. He's lost all credibility in music for me."

I don't need your credibility to express my opinion. That's all I am doing, it's my opinion. Is my opinion credible? I wonder what general readers would be thinking, instead of a Christian thrash metal fan. I would advocate well rapped to artistic songs as worship material any day over the filth that is thrash metal! I do like some metal, when it is original and well crafted, even a momentary scream to express a necessary message and emotion. But honestly, Christian thrash metal? Endless screaming, droning, grinding aggression, in the name of what god? the god of this world that's who, satan!

This sort of music is what you would hear in hell whilst being tortured with fire and brimstone, yup! ;-o !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL! If you can't understand why I say thrash death metal is bad for the soul then there is no hope in helping you to realise. If you believe that screaming along with that cranked up guitars and drums noise is pleasant and is for worship then all the best with your worship time.

So how much distortion can I apply to my electric guitar before it shifts from being acceptable to being demonic?

I find it terribly nasty music with harsh negative undertones no matter what the lyrics say, it's relentless aggressive screaming and you won't be hearing that rubbish in the new earth.

So now you're turning your personal opinion into theology? What's your source that we won't be hearing metal in the new earth? Some people don't refer to metal as "that rubbish", so unless your subjective opinion has become the arbiter of what is good I'd suggest you either tone down the rhetoric or back up your statements with something more than "I dislike it".

You thrash metal lovers simply don't like my opinion, I understand why you are so defensive of this terrible taste in music, it is because you harbor anger, resentment, bitterness and thoughts of malice. This is why you sympathise with this angry nasty sound, for out of the mouth comes the overflow of the heart.. you say only people who have experienced pain can connect with this music? Then you are still in pain, haven't forgiven, haven't repented and are not healed and made whole. You won't find the Messiah's peace in thrash metal..

Are you going to open your metaphorical mouth to do anything more than change feet? You won't find peace in thrash metal? Maybe that explains why I can sleep with it playing.

"I just realized TMM is attacking Christian metal in this thread, but praising Christian rap in the other thread. He's lost all credibility in music for me."

I don't need your credibility to express my opinion. That's all I am doing, it's my opinion. Is my opinion credible? I wonder what general readers would be thinking, instead of a Christian thrash metal fan. I would advocate well rapped to artistic songs as worship material any day over the filth that is thrash metal! I do like some metal, when it is original and well crafted, even a momentary scream to express a necessary message and emotion. But honestly, Christian thrash metal? Endless screaming, droning, grinding aggression, in the name of what god? the god of this world that's who, satan!

Yawn, this is really nothing more than a personal opinion with added ranting expressed as if it were theology.

This sort of music is what you would hear in hell whilst being tortured with fire and brimstone, yup! ;-o !

Personally if I ever ended up in hell I'd find thrash metal a welcome rest from the torment. Play Britney Spears very loudly and I'd be wishing I'd repented while I had the chance.

Sarcasm aside, we're back to asking you to come up with something specific to back your assertion that this form of music is bad. If the best you can do is "I can't understand why anyone likes it, I hate it, therefore it's evil" then frankly you're just trolling the thread. If that's the case then it's us and not you who are wasting our time.

But hey, before I write you off as a troll, maybe you'll surprise me and present somethign Scriptural to back your stance. If not, you're someone I can safely ignore while I go back to my thrash metal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TMM99

Nov 3, 2014
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Does thrash death metal sound joyful? No! It's genre/name even sounds terribly bad. Thrash! and/or Death!

When praising or honoring the Father we are supposed to sound joyful..

Psalm 66:1
Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands..

Psalm 95:1
O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation..

How could one come before the Father, in His presence to thank Him with Joy, by screaming " RAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" continuously to Him for the length of a standard song? What about an album's worth..! ;-o !

Psalm 95:2
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms...

Definition of Joyful - dʒɔɪfʊl,-f(ə)l/
Cheerful, Happy, Jolly, Merry, Bright, Joyous, Light-hearted, thankful..

Out of all the definitions I have read, I didn't see 'Scream repeatedly!' or 'Growl'.

Funny, that..

I would ask any honest person, 'Do you hear any of the above in the 'definition of Joyful' in Christian Thrash Death Metal?'

I wouldn't dare hold my breath waiting for someone who is honest to answer 'yes'

o_O

Upvote 0

TMM99

Nov 3, 2014
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
We are warned about anger. We are warned about the sounds that come out of our mouths, about how harsh and deadly the tongue can be..

James 1:19-21

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TMM99 said:
LOL! If you can't understand why I say thrash death metal is bad for the soul then there is no hope in helping you to realise. If you believe that screaming along with that cranked up guitars and drums noise is pleasant and is for worship then all the best with your worship time. I find it terribly nasty music with harsh negative undertones no matter what the lyrics say, it's relentless aggressive screaming and you won't be hearing that rubbish in the new earth. You thrash metal lovers simply don't like my opinion, I understand why you are so defensive of this terrible taste in music, it is because you harbor anger, resentment, bitterness and thoughts of malice. This is why you sympathise with this angry nasty sound, for out of the mouth comes the overflow of the heart.. you say only people who have experienced pain can connect with this music? Then you are still in pain, haven't forgiven, haven't repented and are not healed and made whole. You won't find the Messiah's peace in thrash metal.. "I just realized TMM is attacking Christian metal in this thread, but praising Christian rap in the other thread. He's lost all credibility in music for me." I don't need your credibility to express my opinion. That's all I am doing, it's my opinion. Is my opinion credible? I wonder what general readers would be thinking, instead of a Christian thrash metal fan. I would advocate well rapped to artistic songs as worship material any day over the filth that is thrash metal! I do like some metal, when it is original and well crafted, even a momentary scream to express a necessary message and emotion. But honestly, Christian thrash metal? Endless screaming, droning, grinding aggression, in the name of what god? the god of this world that's who, satan! This sort of music is what you would hear in hell whilst being tortured with fire and brimstone, yup! ;-o !
You keep saying it's your opinion and then say how were not true Christians and other lies. When you are insulting us about our beliefs, that's not an opinion that's ignorance and hypocrisy at its finest. You don't even know who we are and you are attacking us. Please, grow up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TMM99

Nov 3, 2014
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Psalms 37:8
Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.

Proverbs 16:32
He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city.

Proverbs 29:22
An angry man stirs up strife, And a hot-tempered man abounds in transgression.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Proverbs 22:24-25
Do not associate with a man given to anger; Or go with a hot-tempered man, Or you will learn his ways And find a snare for yourself.

Matthew 5:9
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

Upvote 0

TMM99

Nov 3, 2014
✟15,161.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Guys, to save this becoming a ping pong match, I'll bow out again, until someone new can bring something fresh to the table. In the meanwhile, read this again:
Peace out!

"Let me repeat that vital part of scripture once more. Now don't forget, this is coming from the blood brother of the Messiah of Yisra'el/Israel.."

" human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires "

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TMM99 said:
Psalms 37:8 Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing. Proverbs 16:32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. Proverbs 29:22 An angry man stirs up strife, And a hot-tempered man abounds in transgression. Proverbs 29:11 A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back. Proverbs 22:24-25 Do not associate with a man given to anger; Or go with a hot-tempered man, Or you will learn his ways And find a snare for yourself. Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."
Metal has nothing to do with anger. You don't have to be angry to scream lyrics. You really don't have to have any emotion if you don't want to. I've screamed singing along with songs when I'm happy, praising God and I've sung along with songs because I didn't have anything else to do. There goes your whole argument..

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mark 16:15 ESV
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."

This one scripture tells me that as long as they are spreading the gospel (it doesn't specify HOW it just says to do it), then they are doing what Jesus said for us to do. It doesn't matter HOW you praise Him and spread His word, we are just called to do it.

Psalms 95:1 KJV
O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

^ That should say it all. I believe it is joy, not anger, that drives people to make this music.

Upvote 0