Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope you are applying the term in the same humorous way that I apply it to meself. :sorry:

I was being semi-humorous, yes :p I'll admit to finding British Israelism (and I always have, this isn't you specifically) a little bit on the kooky side.

But when it comes down to it we all believe at least one thing that is a bit kooky :p

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟744,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I haven't kept up on it much myself either, but the principle nations are supposed to be:

Ephraim-Britain

Manasseh-America

Dan-the Irish (now concentrated in AmericaJ)

Judah-the Jews, wherever they are.

Zebulun-Holland/Belgium

Benjamin-Norway/Russia

Reuben-France

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. What is interesting about the prophecies is that the tribes don't have to become identifieable 'nations' to fulfill their prophecies, and they don't even have to live together in ethnic communities. So actually some of the lesser tribes may not be identifieable today, even to themselves. God simply says, "This is what your future is." Additionally, some may have fulfilled their prophetic destinies and 'disappeared' back into the world.

As a Zebulunite (on my father's side) I am really fascinated by the complete fulfillment of the endtime prophecies concerning that tribe. Less so with my Benjamite heritage (my mother was fully Norwegian).

Why be a white supremacist? Why not love all people? You honestly think the 12 tribes of Israel were Western European? C'mon man? I could see 1 or 2 tribes. Surely you know the Germanic peoples of Western Europe's history.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see. That's very interesting. Do you know what Zebulun and Benjamin's specific prophetic destinies are?

Here's one of several regarding Zebulun:

13Zebulun shall dwell at the haven of the sea; and he shall be for an haven of ships; and his border shall be unto Zidon.

In ancient Israel Zebulun was landlocked, with a few rivers flowing into the Mediterranean. The tribe of Asher was between it and the sea. Zidon (Sidon) was nearly fifty miles to the north of Zebulun, so the prophecy of it's proximity to Zidon may be a millenial one.

Today and for the past several decades Holland, with it's great seaport of Rotterdam, and it's seacoast location, have fulfilled these endtime prophecies. The great Dutch shipping industry, as well as it's wealth in the petroleum business, are also strongly suggested in prophecy.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Surely you know the Germanic peoples of Western Europe's history.

Germans: Assyrians, a people of 'fierce countenance', and, 'the masters of war'; not Israelites.

Also, Ancient Assyria was called by God, "The rod of my anger against Israel". Who did Germany attack in WW1 and WW2? The nations of northern Europe, Britain, and America, as well as Russia (Benjamin); and don't forget the Jews. Germany attacked all of the known/supposed latter day nations/tribes of biblical Israel.

The tribes didn't all reside in northern Europe. They moved into Russia, Scandanavia, North America, Australia, New Zealand. Some to eastern Europe; Latvia, Estonia. Some to southern Europe; Spain (Iberia-Hiberia-Hebrew). They're all over the place. :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟744,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm talking about before there was a Great Britan. Saxony was a Germanic State Yeah of the Anglo-Saxons. The Dutch and Fanks Were all part of Trobal Germainia before Rome came through and made it all the ROman Empire. IT got chipped away by the Goth and Visagoths Brittany and the Danes. All of which had Germanic tribes within their borders.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟744,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Back on topic......I agree with this. If you work hard in this country, you can be anything you want.

We are exceptional, wait, let me rephrase that - We have been exceptional for the fact that we are a nation of immigrants, a nation of people from all backgrounds and nationalities. We are Irish, Italians, Russians, Africans, Chinese, Japanese, Jews, etc, etc. We were once a shining beacon on a hill, reaching out to the world with the words on a statue - "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." Once upon a time we as a people who called ourselves Americans believed those words.

We have lost that exceptionalism though because we now feel we don't need anything or anyone the rest of the world has to offer.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm talking about before there was a Great Britan. Saxony was a Germanic State Yeah of the Anglo-Saxons. The Dutch and Fanks Were all part of Trobal Germainia before Rome came through and made it all the ROman Empire. IT got chipped away by the Goth and Visagoths Brittany and the Danes. All of which had Germanic tribes within their borders.

This is true, but has little bearing on the endtime fulfilment of the prophecies. God was going to 'filter' his people through the gentile nations, finally bringing them to their assigned place.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Every single nationality on the list you provided has Germanic blood.

I think that God has preserved the tribal 'bloodlines' to his satisfaction. He said speaking of the tribes moving through the gentile nations that, "Not a 'grain' would fall to earth". He would preserve the 'seed' and 'plant' it in the place of his choosing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leere

Mar 22, 2011
✟8,488.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Germans: Assyrians, a people of 'fierce countenance', and, 'the masters of war'; not Israelites.

Also, Ancient Assyria was called by God, "The rod of my anger against Israel". Who did Germany attack in WW1 and WW2? The nations of northern Europe, Britain, and America, as well as Russia (Benjamin); and don't forget the Jews. Germany attacked all of the known/supposed latter day nations/tribes of biblical Israel.

What about France? Can't forget Napolean and his conquests. How do two wars decide the Germans are one of these supposed tribes? Or heck, why not the dynastic Chinese? Or the Russians? I think all three of them can be called "masters of war" and have a "fierce countenance."

Upvote 0

Leere

Mar 22, 2011
✟8,488.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
No that is not exceptional either.

The government is an oligarchic republic. Most nations are that.

Ok, I'll give you that. But in theory, it is a unique Presidential system. It is not in theory an oligarchy, in practice it may be.

And I never said it was exceptional.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We were exceptional in our early history, when we knew where this blessed land came from. But like Mannaseh is wont to do, we forgot.

The Indians we took it from? Or are you referring to plate tectonics?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, bucko, they were here a helluva lot longer than any of those mentioned. For that matter, so were the Vikings. Anyway, nothing is more American than the Native American Indians. God Bless America.

No. The Viking presence in Vinland lasted about 10 years. It was just too far from the Greenland colonies for the merchant marine technology of the time to support.

The indigenous American indians were the victims of the grand sweep of history ordained by God, just like the Canaanites were when Israel took that 'promised' land by force. That white Europeans (led by second-class Englishmen) seized, occupied, and developed the New World is fulfillment of the Abrahamic promises that were passed down to a specific tribe of Israel: Manasseh (of Joseph). No other geo-political event in history can make this claim. This is what American exceptionalism is really about, GOP/conservative opinions notwithstanding. :preach:

Now that's Manifest Destiny!

:doh:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No that is not exceptional either.

The government is an oligarchic republic. Most nations are that.

We are a democratic republic with oligarchic tendencies.

No matter how much political influence the rich weild, the vote of the individual is still more powerful than Super PACs and lobbyists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A timely example is the Irish (Dan), who was to 'judge his people'. A prophetic destiny fulfilled completely in the last 150 years.
I believe the specific theology is called "British Israelism".

I used to get a British Israelite newsletter a long time ago and they had concluded that clues to which tribe became which European people could be determined from their current name. In the case of Dan, they became the Danish. (and see response to rturner below:)

Wait, do what now? You're seriously claiming the Germans are Assyrians? :confused:

I'm talking about before there was a Great Britan. Saxony was a Germanic State Yeah of the Anglo-Saxons.

According to the folks I mentioned above Saxons are descended from Isaac - Saxons = Issac's sons.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No. The Viking presence in Vinland lasted about 10 years. It was just too far from the Greenland colonies for the merchant marine technology of the time to support.

They were still here technically before all others (save Native Americans, who were [in theory] here first).

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They were still here technically before all others (save Native Americans, who were [in theory] here first).

Thanks, I knew that. :p I was responding to apache1's comment, specifically the part I bolded.

Well, bucko, they were here a helluva lot longer than any of those mentioned. For that matter, so were the Vikings. Anyway, nothing is more American than the Native American Indians. God Bless America.

Upvote 0