a poor player
Apr 7, 2011
Ecruteak city, Johto
✟61,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dont see anything wrong with it. and i see ppl who say negative things to you about it as being racist. we are all human and children of god. god brought in the gentiles to his covenant. that tells me he is not a respecter of race or persons. so why should we be. if you like them then that is all that matters. there is nothing sinful or wrong about it.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one race: the human race.
I have no problem with inter racial dating and have dated someone who was a different color and ethnicity than I am. I do think you have to go into it with your eyes open (like any relationship) and realize that others around you might not always be as accepting or kind. You have to be strong and together on this issue.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think it's inherently right or wrong, but I do think you need to be wise and discerning, because there ARE people out there who pursue others based solely on their race instead of who they are as a person. You also need to look ahead and consider family reactions, future children, etc. If you feel good about all that, go for it.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is a flip side to it though. Even though I am 110 percent for it, we forget unintended consequences when you have someone in your life that is against your interracial relationship.

When I was engaged to a Canadian my father didn't support it. She was whiter than me. To illustrate how white she is, she burned, I would tan. Nevertheless...he couldn't get behind it. She even called him up for Father's Day one year to talk and wish him a Happy Father's Day. He was respectable, but nothing changed his opinion.

It was problematic. She said things that she later apologized for that honestly took me at least a year after the engagement bombed to get over. Then for me it was really problematic because I was so tired of having this problem with him. After the first time that relationship ended, he was helping me get food when I was starting over and he asked me to never date Hispanic women, not knowing I already did sometime ago. It is a weird position to be in. To feel like your own blood condemns your relationship because of the chance of that person's parents to have sex and her mother become impregnated with her. Thankfully I was never cut from the family as some people are. But I was at the level right below that to say the least.

It can screw with your thinking to say the least when your family acts as they do. It is so easy to be so 'modern' about it. 'Human race is one race' is simply not the fact in some people's eyes. 'It doesn't matter because it is love' type of statements is just not that simple when you are faced with it.

Then again...it has been complicated with family and my love life to say the least. So I espouse my entrenched 21st century opinion/modern opinion on this but no one should fool themselves...when the conflict comes, it is not so easy to deal with it in the quiet, by yourself as you sit and try to find and find a way to solve the problem but never finding a way to because there is no way to solve the problem. Because whatever the woman says in comfort doesn't solve the problem. It helps the moment but it doesn't fix anything. Whatever you say to her it doesn't fix. It comforts the moment, but it doesn't fix anything because again, there is no fix.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When I was engaged to a Canadian my father didn't support it. She was whiter than me. To illustrate how white she is, she burned, I would tan. Nevertheless...he couldn't get behind it. She even called him up for Father's Day one year to talk and wish him a Happy Father's Day. He was respectable, but nothing changed his opinion.
blech. that reminds me of when I met my ex's (also an American) cousin and her family for the first (and only, thank God) time. They spent nearly the entire time I was in the room blasting all things Canadian, and running down Canadians. It still makes me mad to think about it. I think he was rather ashamed of it too - he spent so much time beforehand telling me how she was his favourite cousin and how amazingly awesome she was. And he just walked out of the room after ten minutes with her and refused to talk to her anymore.

I dunno if I'd count that as racist though. prejudiced for sure based on culture, attitudes, and presuppositions. But considering he and I were both white, I wouldn't say his family was racist against me.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
blech. that reminds me of when I met my ex's (also an American) cousin and her family for the first (and only, thank God) time. They spent nearly the entire time I was in the room blasting all things Canadian, and running down Canadians. It still makes me mad to think about it. I think he was rather ashamed of it too - he spent so much time beforehand telling me how she was his favourite cousin and how amazingly awesome she was. And he just walked out of the room after ten minutes with her and refused to talk to her anymore.

I dunno if I'd count that as racist though. prejudiced for sure based on culture, attitudes, and presuppositions. But considering he and I were both white, I wouldn't say his family was racist against me.
I do agree that the technical definition of racism with the engagement is hard to stretch because we were both white pasty folk. Then again, the geography of the individual is what caused the prejudice. So the dealings I have had with my father, I incidentally lump it all to the same group :p

Which to be fair to him, as I talk about this stuff, I in no means intending to belittle him or speak ill of him. For me, as I aged some, you learn to accept things the way they are, not the way you or a lot of people and you think they should be. Some things just will not change and that is life. It helps the situation a lot no matter if it is positive or negative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Blind post: there is nothing wrong with it. Many texts I've read over the years also indicate that there were interracial relationships among the people listed in the Bible.

Don't worry about what other people say. They don't live your life; you do.
One example of that is in the Bible was after Moses married an Ehtiopean woman. Moses' brother Aaron and their sister Miriam disapproved.(see Numbers chapter 12). God got angry at Aaron and Miriam for speaking against Moses. After that,Aaron and Miriam came down with Hanson's Disease or leporsy. The moral of the story is that God approves of interracial relationships and do not speak against interracial relationships.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is horrible, and its something you need to prepare yourself for if you choose to date someone else. Just decide before anything happens that you will not allow outside opinion affect your relationship and then be there for one another when you do encounter that kind of attitude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
this has probably already been said (i haven't read all the posts) but biblically speaking, there is no such thing as interracial dating, because there is only one race, the human race. the only issue is to not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. Skin tone has nothing to do with that.

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I do agree that the technical definition of racism with the engagement is hard to stretch because we were both white pasty folk. Then again, the geography of the individual is what caused the prejudice. So the dealings I have had with my father, I incidentally lump it all to the same group :p

Which to be fair to him, as I talk about this stuff, I in no means intending to belittle him or speak ill of him. For me, as I aged some, you learn to accept things the way they are, not the way you or a lot of people and you think they should be. Some things just will not change and that is life. It helps the situation a lot no matter if it is positive or negative.

I was gonna say, wait a minute, not all pasty white people that burn are from Canada :D

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
i know that is is my choice but it is horrible to hear what people say about it. especially when you love the person.

I dont know, oddly, I asked the question just this weekend as the young woman I like isnt white like me, I asked if it mattered to anyone else, the people with I was in said it dont matter at all.

Really you should not care what others think, but lets face it, as human beings we do care.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing morally wrong with interracial dating.

I have dated Asian men in the past, and I prefer Asians - though I myself am white.

Yes, Asians and white people alike stared at me and gossipped when I was out in public with my bf, but it didn't bother me.

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing morally wrong with interracial dating.

I have dated Asian men in the past, and I prefer Asians - though I myself am white.

Yes, Asians and white people alike stared at me and gossipped when I was out in public with my bf, but it didn't bother me.
And you dated possibly the least controversial race possible. People sicken me sometimes.

Upvote 0