Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
What are peoples opinions on interracial dating? I am white female, and many of my relationships have been with black men. I have had soo many comments about how it isn't right, and people should stick to their own race otherwise it will die out.

So what is your opinion?

I am hoping to start a relationship with a guy but people's comments upset me sometimes. Why is it wrong?

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't see any problem with it.

The thing you have to watch out for is clashes with culture. Different cultures often have extremely different values and belief systems that will make a relationship just downright impossible. Not because of the individuals, but the families. But race is different than culture, its just skin color. If you find each other attractive and are compatible, there's nothing wrong with the relationship.

I would say to just go for it. If you like him and he likes you, that's really all that matters. There is still some resistance to interracial dating, but I think its just something we have to ignore.

Reactions: Jadegb
Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I never really had the option to date anyone outside my race.
No problem with it, I guess I never really thought about it.
Philosophically I guess it goes hand in hand with my thoughts on racism.
Since I was raised around all white people I viewed other people as just people and never had to deal with preconceived notions based on skin color or culture.

Upvote 0

The_Bodyguard

Ethies Bodyguard
Jun 30, 2011
Memphis, TN
✟288.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are peoples opinions on interracial dating? I am white female, and many of my relationships have been with black men. I have had soo many comments about how it isn't right, and people should stick to their own race otherwise it will die out.

So what is your opinion?

I am hoping to start a relationship with a guy but people's comments upset me sometimes. Why is it wrong?

Don't let others opinion make you second guess your own life. Screw that. I've dated, Latina, black, Asians, Native American...and I'm "white"...if you're more attracted to black men, that's your prerogative.

Upvote 0

hana14

May 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
✟8,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's for others to say what is right or what isn't right. If you like someone, it shouldn't matter what race they are. I have a couple of acquaintances who only date men from a specific ethnicity, and to me that sounds like a fetish. But if you like someone, and they happen to be a certain race, there's nothing wrong with that. Hope I make sense.

I also agree with what K9 trainer said.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

So what is your opinion?

I see NOTHING wrong with interracial dating and/marriage. We are all God's children and we all are of the SAME species,Homo sapiens. When I was in the Navy,I would date only black women. Many black women would ignore me, while the white women, and Asian women would be very friendly towards me.
After I was discharged from the Navy and started going to college,I would be the only Black person in my science classes. I met this one very nice lady in my physics class. I started walking her to her car after class. We still consider each other friends after thirty years. If I had not been so impatient with her when I was younger,we might have been married to each other now. I do date white women now. The stares DO NOT bother me. I am an actor. I am USED to people that I do not know looking at me.
Since I am a scientist who knows what causes people to have different skin pigments,I have NO EXCUSE to be prejudiced. The more melenin one has in one's skin,the darker one's skin color. What I cannot understand is that some people can appreciate the different colors in nature,especially flower colors. Yet,those same people cannot appreciate the diversity in human beings. Remembrer,we are all one in Christ. If a christian disaprove of interracial dating,that christian is "talking the talk,but not walking the walk." The Bible says,"If a man says that he loves God and hates his brother.He is a liar."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's for others to say what is right or what isn't right. If you like someone, it shouldn't matter what race they are.

:thumbsup:
I haven't had the opportunity to date anyone who wasn't white, but I wouldn't think twice about it if the opportunity presented itself. Go for it!

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

So what is your opinion?

You are sticking to your own race - the HUMAN race.

Unless you're dating an animal, you are perfectly within the bounds of your species.

I say it's your choice.

Reactions: Jadegb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You are sticking to your own race - the HUMAN race.

Unless you're dating an animal, you are perfectly within the bounds of your species.

I say it's your choice.
As we used to say in the sixties..."Right on,right on,right on!!"
Yes,I remember the sixties.Could it be because I never got high nor consumed any illeagal drugs?

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Blind post: there is nothing wrong with it. Many texts I've read over the years also indicate that there were interracial relationships among the people listed in the Bible.

Don't worry about what other people say. They don't live your life; you do.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
unfortunately there is still a lot of racist and bigoted thinking in this world. In this day and age we should *all* know better, but I guess thats life. There is nothing wrong with interracial dating.

If you're attracted to someone and they're attracted to you and you see potential for a relationship with it then there is nothing wrong with it. Don't listen to what other people say. You're the one who has to live your life. Don't let someone else's racism keep you from being happy.

Upvote 0