Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Please pray that God will sort everything out for my husband and I.

My husband is a British citizen here on a work permit, but his contract with his employer ends and his work permit expires at the end of April. He's in the process of applying for permanent residency, and I have no doubt that he'll get it because our case is really straight forward, but it looks like there's no way that it will come through before his work permit expires. In fact, it looks like there will be a gap of at least a few months in between, and during that time he will not be allowed to work here in Canada, and he won't be allowed to leave the country to work elsewhere.

I am currently a stay-at-home wife, and I am in the process of looking for work now. But I don't have very good qualifications of references, so it's not easy. Also, any job I can get will likely not pay enough for us to actually live on.

I'm not sure what in the world we're going to do, or how this can possibly work out, so we really need God's intervention here.

Worse case scenario, we put our stuff in storage and go stay with my parents for a few months. But I've always believed a married couple should not live with in-laws. It's just asking for trouble. But we may have no choice.

Best case scenario, my husband's inheritance will come through. He's supposed to be getting an inheritance from his late grandmother (it'll be 1/4 of the proceeds from the sale of two properties in the Spanish riviera) but it's been tied up in court for the past couple of years because a mean aunt of his is contesting the will. We don't even really understand what's going on because this is all happening in Spain, and in Spanish! But it would be really great if that inheritance would come through by the end of April!

:prayer:

HappGA

Sep 6, 2005
Waycross, GA
✟7,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Father,

I ask for your plan to be reveled to these people and that you put peace in the situation. Help them to rely on you more through this time. God I ask that you bless them with the desires of their hearts. Lord you know the intricacies that are in this situation, so please administer to it.

In Jesus Name

Amen

Upvote 0

Witness Of His Love

Apr 14, 2005
✟16,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Orchard I know about wills. When my husband's parents died their living will meant nothing to the courts. It was a small inheritance and no one contested the will but it took 5 years for the courts to finally determine all was well and the estate was properly divided and distrubted to all parties. What a shameful mess the court system is in! Your situation must be even worse than mine with it being you trying to take care of business in two different countries!

:prayer: Heavenly Father, I pray for the best case scenario which is what is close to Orchard's heart. She desires a smooth transition so that she and her husband will not have that gap in between her husband receiving permanent residence and his work permit expiring. But if it does run out before he can get permanent residence, please help them provide for themselves. Open doors for her to find a good job that will ease their financial burdens, a job with friendly employees and a thoughtful, compassionate boss. Cause the legal matters to go through the courts quickly and without any hitches so they can go on with their lives. Bless this couple throughout their lives together and keep them in the center of your will. In Jesus' name, Amen

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father, I ask You to intervene in this. I pray that You will bless this family with everything being sorted out in Your way. I pray that You also give them peace and rest as they wait on You, knowing that You are faithful. Thank You LORD for making a way when it looks impossible, in Jesus' name, amen.
in Him, Leslie

Upvote 0

myallforhim

Nov 6, 2005
North Carolina
✟1,863.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am :prayer: for you and your husband. May God bless you all. May God's will be done in this situation. God work out this man work permit so that he may continue to provide for his family. Allow the inheritance to come through for this couple. God you are a on time God. Supply all of their needs.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord in Heaven,

I pray for this couple. Please show them the provision you have for them during this time that the husband might not be able to work. I pray also that the will be untangled, and that they would get their inheritance Lord. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Upvote 0

JacobsDream

Ace by His Grace
Nov 12, 2005
Chicagoland
✟24,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord there's always a way out of every situation with you. Grant them favor with the imigration process and at the work place. This country is yours Lord, admit them in Jesus name. April will come and go and He will remain here in Jesus name.

Grant them stabel and providing employment. They will be better off than they've been in because they depend on you. You have brought them this far, finish the good work you started in their lives in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.