Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

IJWTS I just replied to your thread (venting).

I can't imagine either. I don't see how people get through like without God either. :hug:

KWIM? Is that Know what I mean? I still do not have all the internet lingo down lol like FWIW (I think that's how it goes)--I still haven't figured out that one :blush:

KWIM = Know what I mean :thumbsup:

FWIW = For what it's worth :D

IIRC is the one that always trips me up = If I recall correctly lol

Urban Dictionary FTW (for the win!) when it comes to internet lingo that I don't get. :D

Upvote 0

Steffenfield

Jul 9, 2010
✟6,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Awesome! Thanks guys. Now I won't have to continue to pull my hair trying to figure out what people are saying. :cheer:

It's NBD because BITD 411 was FTF just like IRL but OT I'll be praying for your friends in RT. :)

Reactions: SweetDee
Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
IJWTS-There are still things about my life that are incredibly frustrating from time to time (like this insane job hunt), but I'm feeling much more at peace. It's funny how expressive I feel the need to be. When I was feeling darkest, I reflected that in my design (through colors and profile pic choices) of my profile. Now I'm trying to show that I'm feeling more calm and somewhat optimistic in the updating of my profile, including the bio section, which was blank before.

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Someone posted this on my wall, I liked it so it's coming to the IJWTS thread...

Well I believe the origins of beards began a long, long, long time ago in a far away land. I can't quite remember where but that’s not important. Many moons ago when the world was old and men young the sun shined all day, not very much unlike it is now. Except for one feature a great golden beard that fell as radiant light upon the earth. The people of that time were very similar to the homosapiens you see today except the men had no beards. Not a single hair on there chins or whisker to be seen anywhere. Then one day an intrepid young man sought to meet the sun so scaled his golden beard and ascended to the sky upon hairs and whiskers made of bright woven sun light. As the man climbed higher and higher still even though it was forbid the sun began to grin. For if a man of the earth below climbed his beard to heaven he could claim his arms and legs and again roam the skies free of his astral bounds. The man knew not what he was doing for if the sun was free to roam there would be no heat to keep him warm or light to make the grass grow! He climbed higher and higher closer to the sun but for luck the moon was out long she had loved the earth and all its creatures since the dawn of time. She cast out her long arms and ripped out the suns beard! The man fell back to earth with all the golden hairs and it was if all the stars had fallen from heaven. The sun was furious as you might expect and threw out his fiery arms to scorch the earth! The moon just in time shielded the earth and with an enormous explosion she was burned and her face blown asunder! The force of the blast sent the moon and earth spinning around the sun safe from its vengeful reach. As a result of this blasted spinning the sun could only grant the north and south one summer a year but was trapped forever locked in the sky without a furry chin. As a reminder to all men not to climb into places they really shouldn’t go the moon gathered the suns fallen hairs and granted men the ability to grow beards so they might never forget how close they had come to all being dead. With the new season of winter the men found beards to be most useful keeping at bay chilly chins. The women felt slighted by the moon at raged at men for there new found facial friends. So men invented sexism and misogyny. So began a long subgation of lady folk and to this day the moon still looks sad as she sails through the sky wondering how her punishment had gone so very wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirForceTeacher

King of the Wicker People
Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟20,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
IJWTS that I have a song stuck in my head...it will most likely drive me crazy soon...but 'tis a fun song! :D

IJWTS -

61169_432454082934_534497934_5061060_739275_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.