Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ADVISOR HAT
This thread contains posts pulled from this thread:

They were off topic to that thread.

First post:

It's strange to me that you have such a hate on for Hamas when it is Israel that is withholding support and doing pretty awful things.

In fact, you neve really address anything terrible Israel has done, despite my inclusion in my posts.
Does not Israel have a right to the land God has given them? When they were permitted by God to return to their own land (after the holocaust) they have been hated and threatened by those who basically want to annihilated them or else worship the god of Islam. Israel simply wants the land God has given them. If you understand the Scripture, you’ll see that eventually Israel will have her land. It just a matter of when. It’s a promise from the God who keeps His promises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJWhalen

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Does not Israel have a right to the land God has given them?

No, they don't.

The most charitable interpretation of this idea is that one religion claims that their deity granted them a land claim some 4,000 years ago.

In no other context do we base such significant decisions on religious claims that old, based on documents of questionable historicity. Otherwise, we'd be giving the US back to the natives.

When they were permitted by God to return to their own land (after the holocaust)

They weren't "permitted by God" to return there. They were granted a nation-state by the political bodies who previously ruled over the area.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, they don't.

The most charitable interpretation of this idea is that one religion claims that their deity granted them a land claim some 4,000 years ago.

In no other context do we base such significant decisions on religious claims that old, based on documents of questionable historicity. Otherwise, we'd be giving the US back to the natives.

They weren't "permitted by God" to return there. They were granted a nation-state by the political bodies who previously ruled over the area.
My God doesn’t sleep. And neither does the God of Israel. It’s too bad you don’t know the gospel. The gospel began with Abraham, a Hebrew, whom God promised to give him the land that he actually walked. Abraham will inherit that land through Christ( a Jew) who is the testator of that inheritance. God will keep His promise of inheritance.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I tried to look up the war between Israel and Palestine. It is brand Hamas as a good guy and Israel as a devil bent on revenge. I know that is a lie and I can't find the truth.
Islamic rebels want all of the Middle East to be Islam. Most of it already is. Israel is a problem for them. And so is the God of Israel.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My God doesn’t sleep. And neither does the God of Israel. It’s too bad you don’t know the gospel. The gospel began with Abraham, a Hebrew, whom God promised to give him the land that he actually walked. Abraham will inherit that land through Christ( a Jew) who is the testator of that inheritance. God will keep His promise of inheritance.
I’m quite familiar with it. What I’m not familiar with are the passages promising a reinstatement of a Jewish government or the passages equating the modern nation-state of Israel with the descendants of Abraham.

Upvote 0

DJWhalen

When God steps in, miracles happen.
Feb 13, 2024
Indianapolis Indiana
✟13,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Islamic rebels want all of the Middle East to be Islam. Most of it already is. Israel is a problem for them. And so is the God of Israel.

Yes they do, but it was given to Abraham and the Jew's. That is the truth they can't accept that.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m quite familiar with it. What I’m not familiar with are the passages promising a reinstatement of a Jewish government or the passages equating the modern nation-state of Israel with the descendants of Abraham.
Christ is to rule from Jerusalem and in Revelation we read that the 144,000: are taken from among Israel. Those are referred to as the “remnant“ of Israel spoken of by the prophets. It will be the time when Israel is restored and the God of Israel their God.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Christ is to rule from Jerusalem and in Revelation we read that the 144,000: are taken from among Israel.
Israel the political entity or Israel the descendants of Abraham?

Those are referred to as the “remnant“ of Israel spoken of by the prophets. It will be the time when Israel is restored and the God of Israel their God.
Ok, so Israel isn’t restored until after the rapture. We haven’t hit the rapture yet, so why do we care about Bibi and his zionists?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
In the meantime Israel is starving babies and you're cool with it.

I do not believe, in today's world, God would have people starve children to "fulfill his will".

Since Jesus has already fulfilled the Word, there's no reason to continue to belabour the idea that any kind of land belongs to Israel.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My Bible start's in Genesis and end's in Revelation. I remember reading about God giving it to Abraham.
14And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15for all the land which you see I give to you and your [c]descendants forever. 16And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered. 17Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you.” (Gen 13:14-17)

God has given to Abraham and his descendants all the land which God instructed Abraham to literally walk. That land is his!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel the political entity or Israel the descendants of Abraham?

Ok, so Israel isn’t restored until after the rapture. We haven’t hit the rapture yet, so why do we care about Bibi and his zionists?
I’m not anti-Semitic. I understand there will be a falling away of Israel which will bring God’s judgment upon them but a remnant will be saved and their government restored under their God.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Israel is interested in the land God has promised them. They are NOT interested in blind Biden’s “Two state” idea with the Palestinians. God is going to give Israel the land He PROMiSIED them, no matter what the blind nations think.

Ah, so a Deus Vult then?

God wills the total annihilation of the Gazans, because you choose to ignore the context of Scripture and believe in the false teachings of heretics and wolves in sheep's clothing?

I'm sure that won't ever come to bite us in the back end. It's not like the Church failing to take Scripture seriously has ever been a problem before.

-CryptoLutheran

• Informative
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah, so a Deus Vult then?

God wills the total annihilation of the Gazans, because you choose to ignore the context of Scripture and believe in the false teachings of heretics and wolves in sheep's clothing?

I'm sure that won't ever come to bite us in the back end. It's not like the Church failing to take Scripture seriously has ever been a problem before.

-CryptoLutheran
Why would I believe in false teaching of heretics? My belief is based on many years of Bible study. I have looked at all sides of an argument and have come to my own conclusions.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Why would I believe in false teaching of heretics? My belief is based on many years of Bible study. I have looked at all sides of an argument and have come to my own conclusions.

Then here is a question that should be simple to answer: According to the Bible, to whom are the promises made to Abraham? And what is the point of these promises?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then here is a question that should be simple to answer: According to the Bible, to whom are the promises made to Abraham? And what is the point of these promises?

-CryptoLutheran
God made promise to Abraham himself and all of his descendants to be heirs of the land and life eternal. The promise came to be effective by the death and resurrection of the promised seed(singular) who is Christ. All those therefore who are in Christ are heirs with Christ of the promises made to Abraham, and are therefore counted among Abraham's descendants.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
God made promise to Abraham himself and all of his descendants to be heirs of the land and life eternal. The promise came to be effective by the death and resurrection of the promised seed(singular) who is Christ. All those therefore who are in Christ are heirs with Christ of the promises made to Abraham, and are therefore counted among Abraham's descendants.

Is merely being descended from Abraham enough? I ask this one rhetorically, because the answer to this can be found in Scripture easily, see e.g.John 8:31-59, Romans 11:17-24, and Galatians 3:7-14.

What is the promise? Who receives it, and how is it received?

To put it simply: God does not care about DNA, He cares about faith. And if you understand the Scriptures, then you know that the point of God's enduring faithfulness and promise has nothing to do with a piece of real estate in the Levant, but with His commitment with all of creation

The goal is not that Jewish people will inhabit a chunk of desert, the goal is that all people should be redeemed and all of creation restored.

Ever notice the ways in which events in the New Testament mirror and parallel events in the Old Testament? Look at the events as they unfold in Genesis: It begins broad and narrows down, from Adam to Abraham, from Abraham to Jacob to Judah--and what happens in the Gospels? In the Acts of the Apostles, and the ways in which the whole New Testament points toward the ultimate end of God's purposes: New Heavens and New Earth.

The Land of promise, given to Abraham's progeny through Jacob, was not an end unto itself; but that through this the Messiah should come, who would unite Jew and Gentile, and be as a new Adam, to restore the whole human race to communion with God, accomplished through His Passion, Death, and Resurrection; and who reigns at the right hand of the Father, the enthroned Messiah who is Lord of lords and King of kings, until the Day of His glorious return when "death is swallowed up in victory".

Looking to a slice of land in the Levant misses the whole point. It was never about ha-Eretz Yisrael; but Jesus Christ, He is Israel.

-CryptoLUtheran

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is merely being descended from Abraham enough? I ask this one rhetorically, because the answer to this can be found in Scripture easily, see e.g.John 8:31-59, Romans 11:17-24, and Galatians 3:7-14.

What is the promise? Who receives it, and how is it received?

To put it simply: God does not care about DNA, He cares about faith. And if you understand the Scriptures, then you know that the point of God's enduring faithfulness and promise has nothing to do with a piece of real estate in the Levant, but with His commitment with all of creation

The goal is not that Jewish people will inhabit a chunk of desert, the goal is that all people should be redeemed and all of creation restored.

Ever notice the ways in which events in the New Testament mirror and parallel events in the Old Testament? Look at the events as they unfold in Genesis: It begins broad and narrows down, from Adam to Abraham, from Abraham to Jacob to Judah--and what happens in the Gospels? In the Acts of the Apostles, and the ways in which the whole New Testament points toward the ultimate end of God's purposes: New Heavens and New Earth.

The Land of promise, given to Abraham's progeny through Jacob, was not an end unto itself; but that through this the Messiah should come, who would unite Jew and Gentile, and be as a new Adam, to restore the whole human race to communion with God, accomplished through His Passion, Death, and Resurrection; and who reigns at the right hand of the Father, the enthroned Messiah who is Lord of lords and King of kings, until the Day of His glorious return when "death is swallowed up in victory".

Looking to a slice of land in the Levant misses the whole point. It was never about ha-Eretz Yisrael; but Jesus Christ, He is Israel.

-CryptoLUtheran
When God makes promises, He keeps them. God showed Abraham the land he was to inherit. God told Abraham to literally walk that land.

14And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15for all the land which you see I give to you and your [c]descendants forever. 16And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered. 17Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you.” (Gen 13:14-17)

Abraham never did possess that land. But he will, and so will all of his faithful descendants because God keeps His promise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.