✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You become perfected when you are born of God, why do you think Paul says,
For by one offering, He has perfected for all time those being sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [BLB])

The whole point of the death of Jesus Christ was not just to atone for sin once and for all, but also to bring an end to sin, and to perfect his people, since the blood of animals was never able to perfect, just only to atone for sins, and thus this prophecy was fulfilled in Jesus Christ,
Seventy periods of seven were rendered concise upon your people, and upon the holy city, to finish off sin, and to set a seal upon sins, and to wipe out the lawless deeds, and to atone for iniquities, and to bring eternal righteousness, and to set a seal upon vision and prophecy, and to anoint the holy of holies. (Daniel 9:24 [ABP])

And thus this is the reason why these verses exist,
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])
No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. (1 John 3:6 [KJV])

The way the holy spirit causes a man to never sin again is by removing evil desires, which are the cause of sin, so if you had the desire to commit adultery, you will no longer have that desire, if you were a homosexual, you will no longer want to commit sins of homosexuality, and this truth is a fulfillment of this prophecy,
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.(Ezekiel 36:26-27 [KJV])

The heart is where the desires are, so by God removing your heart of flesh, he is removing your evil desires, and giving you a new heart, that has godly desires. How does he do this? By giving you his spirit, and not just any spirit, a new spirit, that was never given before, and that was because the blood of Jesus Christ had not yet been shed to bring forth this new spirit that brings forth perfection. And this prophecy then goes on to say, and "cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments", meaning you will obey God as a consequence of receiving this new holy spirit, and thus be perfected. When receiving holy spirit, this change is instant, hence why we even have an example when Saul has the holy spirit spring upon him,
Then the Spirit of the LORD will rush upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man. (1 Samuel 10:6 [ESV])

Receiving holy spirit transforms you into a completely different person. If you are still sinning, you have not truly received holy spirit, hence,
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. (1 John 3:6 [KJV])
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8 [KJV])

The actual lie of the devil is that you can continue sinning and be right with God. Once you finally realize that you don't have holy spirit, then you ought to find out how you can truly attain him, and thus be freed from sin. No one that hasn't be baptized in holy spirit will be saved. So if you wish to attain salvation, you must work towards attaining this free gift.

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus dying on the cross was not to end all sin as he knew we would continue to sin! He died to save us 'from' our sins. Just like when the serpent was made in the desert for the people to turn to when bitten, Jesus is there on the Cross as a reminder of what he has done for us so that we can turn to him to beg forgiveness! He died and opened up a whole new covenant. A whole new way of faith, prayer and Mercy.

The Holy Spirit is said to have dwelt in many a saint who still sinned! They repented, they sought confession! No saint would 'EVER' have said they were sin free! Even though they were known as filled with the Holy Spirit!

The thief next to Jesus was saved by a few words! A murderer on his deathbed can be saved by a few words. If you continue to sin and not repent, then yes, you will suffer the wrath of God but only God can say what that will be.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
1 John 1:7-9 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

Luke 17:3-4 So watch yourselves! “If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.”

1 Corinthians 15:57But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bible doesn't call those who are redeemed in Christ sinners anymore. The term isn't used to describe those who are indwelt with the spirit and are reborn in Christ. We are the saints and God remembers our sins no more. That's why we can not be deemed sinners ever again. We also don't make a habit of bad behavior and yet that is not held against us.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
We are sinners. This is why Jesus died, to save us from our sins. It doesn't mean that we are not sinners or deemed to be sinners ever again! If we sin, we repent and ask forgiveness. In the case of us Catholics we go to the priest for Confession and absolution.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The whole point of the death of Jesus Christ was not just to atone for sin once and for all, but also to bring an end to sin, and to perfect his people, since the blood of animals was never able to perfect, just only to atone for sins, and thus this prophecy was fulfilled in Jesus Christ,

The way the holy spirit causes a man to never sin again is by removing evil desires, which are the cause of sin, so if you had the desire to commit adultery, you will no longer have that desire, if you were a homosexual, you will no longer want to commit sins of homosexuality, and this truth is a fulfillment of this prophecy,

The heart is where the desires are, so by God removing your heart of flesh, he is removing your evil desires, and giving you a new heart, that has godly desires. How does he do this? By giving you his spirit, and not just any spirit, a new spirit, that was never given before, and that was because the blood of Jesus Christ had not yet been shed to bring forth this new spirit that brings forth perfection. And this prophecy then goes on to say, and "cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments", meaning you will obey God as a consequence of receiving this new holy spirit, and thus be perfected. When receiving holy spirit, this change is instant, hence why we even have an example when Saul has the holy spirit spring upon him,

Receiving holy spirit transforms you into a completely different person. If you are still sinning, you have not truly received holy spirit, hence,

The actual lie of the devil is that you can continue sinning and be right with God. Once you finally realize that you don't have holy spirit, then you ought to find out how you can truly attain him, and thus be freed from sin. No one that hasn't be baptized in holy spirit will be saved. So if you wish to attain salvation, you must work towards attaining this free gift.

Everyone sins. However, we must confess our sins and strive for holiness even though we know we will fail again.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Are you saying you have achieved Sinless perfection here on Earth now?

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
But what about those passages that refer to sanctification as being progressive?

Not all receive holy spirit at the same time, some sooner than others, as God wills. And sanctification also does not end with inner perfection, as the body itself still has yet to be perfected, which happens at the coming of the Lord.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Bible doesn't call those who are redeemed in Christ sinners anymore. The term isn't used to describe those who are indwelt with the spirit and are reborn in Christ. We are the saints and God remembers our sins no more. That's why we can not be deemed sinners ever again. We also don't make a habit of bad behavior and yet that is not held against us.

If by one sin were fellow brother Israelites stoned to death in accordance to the old covenant given by angels, how much more is the penalty of one sin by the new covenant given by the son of God himself? Therefore, it behooves anyone that certainly wishes to follow after the Lord, to repent and stop sinning, and it thus becomes easy to become free of sin when one receives the gift of the holy spirit, as all wicked desires are removed from within because of this wonderful spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Everyone sins. However, we must confess our sins and strive for holiness even though we know we will fail again.

Not all continue sinning, only those who have not been born of God will indeed stop sinning as a result of being reborn in spirit. Anyone that claims that one can still sin being reborn in spirit has no understanding of the work of the spirit, and the purpose behind the offering of up the true lamb of God, not just to atone for sins once and for all, but to bring an end to sin as well. In the present time, if any should not attain this perfection in this life by baptism in holy spirit, he will indeed not be saved, as he has trampled upon the blood of Christ by carrying on sinning. Confessing sins is of no avail if one does not stop sinning. When Jesus Christ spoke to the adulterous woman whom he did not condemn, did he say, "keep confessing your sin of adultery each time you commit it", or did he say, "sin no more"?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Not all continue sinning, only those who have not been born of God will indeed stop sinning as a result of being reborn in spirit. Anyone that claims that one can still sin being reborn in spirit has no understanding of the work of the spirit, and the purpose behind the offering of up the true lamb of God, not just to atone for sins once and for all, but to bring an end to sin as well. In the present time, if any should not attain this perfection in this life by baptism in holy spirit, he will indeed not be saved, as he has trampled upon the blood of Christ by carrying on sinning. Confessing sins is of no avail if one does not stop sinning. When Jesus Christ spoke to the adulterous woman whom he did not condemn, did he say, "keep confessing your sin of adultery each time you commit it", or did he say, "sin no more"?

Matthew 18:21-35 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
Forgiveness
21 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Jesus will also forgive us every time we confess and ask for forgiveness! If we sinned the same sin again and again and again, Jesus will still forgive us!! Jesus is full of mercy!

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Perfection can never be attained in this life. We cannot do anything without Jesus. We can never be perfect because only God is perfect!

But, then again, cgaviria could be the most perfect guy on planet earth! God Bless you buddy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Perfection can never be attained in this life. We cannot do anything without Jesus. We can never be perfect because only God is perfect!

But, then again, cgaviria could be the most perfect guy on planet earth! God Bless you buddy
You notice he never refers to any Christian theologian, pastor, or priest who ever agrees with him. I guess that is because they don't exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not all receive holy spirit at the same time, some sooner than others, as God wills. And sanctification also does not end with inner perfection, as the body itself still has yet to be perfected, which happens at the coming of the Lord.
Was Paul without the Spirit when he expressed his struggle against sin in Romans 7?
"I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am!"

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I understand how you draw this conclusion. The verses you've mentioned speak in absolute terms of perfection, but we need to balance that out with all of the other relevant verses. From what I have seen regarding your theology, you are guilty of this on many important matters. You form your views from a few portions of Scripture, while neglecting the majority and this has led you to an understanding that is diametrically opposed to fundamental orthodoxy. Please answer me this, has Christ been building His church since His advent 2000 years ago?

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If what you say is true, why do all of the church denominations in Christianity teach basically, what I'm talking about? Why are there multiple verses in the bible saying to repent for your sins and that Jesus is our savior from our sins and the one about following God's path? If Jesus wiped all sins, we wouldn't need to follow God's path anymore.

The importance of being Christian is to repent for your sins, pray to God to show you the way, and follow God's way. The importance is to TRY not to sin and to do Good works to others. Not to erase sin all together, that's impossible. Sin will always exist in this world until the Rapture.

And, of course you become a new person when you accept Jesus, become a Christian and walk the path of God. You go from walking your own selfish path to the one that God has wanted for you all along. You grow more intimate with the Lord and live for the Lord and not for yourself. I know that I have received the holy spirit because 1. I physically saw the holy spirit enter inside me. and, 2. I am a MUCH different person today than I was before. I'm much kinder, much more holy, my more loving and accepting than I once was. I was a mean, and hateful person before who only cared about himself and not about anyone else.

And yes, I still sin and I still make mistakes. But, that does NOT mean I'm not a Born Again Christian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I understand how you draw this conclusion. The verses you've mentioned speak in absolute terms of perfection, but we need to balance that out with all of the other relevant verses. From what I have seen regarding your theology, you are guilty of this on many important matters. You form your views from a few portions of Scripture, while neglecting the majority and this has led you to an understanding that is diametrically opposed to fundamental orthodoxy. Please answer me this, has Christ been building His church since His advent 2000 years ago?
Consider the believers at Corinth. They were a congregation fraught with immorality and ignorance of spirituality, often scathed by Paul. Yet He says of them "You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men; being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."

Upvote 0