I think I'm about to get kicked out of Catholic Answers forum for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ways to get kicked out of Catholic Answers Forum:

blink
sneeze
bend down
post there

I'm not sure getting kicked off the Catholic Answers forum is a bad thing anyway. :D

Heck, I'll probably join just to get kicked off!

Upvote 0

Country Gal

Dec 29, 2014
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hi, I found this thread with the search option. I was a member there under this name. I was recently banned for discussing my positive experience at a Lutheran Church over Christmas. I did have a civil discussion via email questioning the ban which was on the grounds of contempt for the Catholic Church and trying to lure people away from it.

I wasn't trying to do either, but merely going through a journey away from the Catholic Church and getting feedback. I apologized to them if I broke a rule that I wasn't aware of, but I did let them know that I thought their forum would be a richer place with a freer exchange of ideas. I told them that they are a big Catholic presence online and that I felt the forum was making a mistake by shunning people like me.

The whole experience confirms to me that this is a cultural problem of the Catholic Church that really irks me, with its layers of red tape and bureaucracy.

I believe the moderator Eric Hilbert was the one who banned me.

Upvote 0

Country Gal

Dec 29, 2014
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I was very surprised at being banned (forever). I had been a poster there for some time, had over 1500 posts I think. They don't communicate very well. I don't think the forum does any good in Evangelism.

It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth regarding Catholicism. I wasn't a super active poster there, but went there toying with the idea of returning to the Church. Nothing there really encouraged that, but reinforced the fact that Conservative Catholics are overly obsessed with nonsensical legalism and rule following.

I finally decided to try a Lutheran church in my area, and so far have been impressed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.