I think I'm about to get kicked out of Catholic Answers forum for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Anhelyna said:
Well, Alonso_ Castillo if you will go there and refer to Orthodoxy as "Orthodoxy" I'm not really surprised if they are less than welcoming to you .

Politeness costs nothing.

Indeed. And when they suggest you stop calling it "Orthodoxy" you probably shouldn't call it Hetrodoxy instead.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No kidding! Can you imagine how Catholics would react if you said, "pope!" oh man....

I had a guy on OBOB the other day jump all over me for not capitalizing the word pope because I was typing so fast! LOL...He thought I was disrespecting the Patriarch of the CC....huh? LOL...I usually do capitalize it, but he didn't pay attention to that part! ^_^

Well, Alonso_ Castillo if you will go there and refer to Orthodoxy as "Orthodoxy" I'm not really surprised if they are less than welcoming to you .

Politeness costs nothing.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi, I am not a Catholic but speaking of the Pope, I heard on the news that pope Francis said, "that atheists go to heaven". Maybe this would lead to some discussion. As scripture reads, " Christ is the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through Him. Christ is the only way. I believe of course, anyone can be saved whether atheist Muslim etc., but only through faith in Christ. I know the Pope is considered infallible when it comes to the tenets of the church. What do the Catholics think about this statement. Just do a search and many articles on his statement would be found.

This is being widely misquoted. He advised atheists to follow their own consciences, because the conscience understands the difference between good and evil. He further said that God's mercy knows no limits. He did not say "atheists go to heaven."
But they might. Who knows? And for those who triumphantly (not talking about you or anyone here) claim that atheists do NOT go to heaven, I ask you this: If we were truly living as God commands us to, wouldn't we be OVERJOYED that God's mercy could be so limitless? It's almost as if we think we got a bum deal by having to follow all these rules, while the atheists do what they want and still get in.
In short, the whole discussion seems childish to me.
Thank you. Rant over.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
I got some message that said I couldn't post and then there was a thing that said something like "when is this lifted?" and the answer was "Never."

EDIT: Here's the actual message

Forum Message
Your account has been locked for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

This change will be lifted: Never

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Anhelyna said:
Correct - that's it - and you have joined the very exalted ranks of those who can't display the 'banned' sign under your Identity :)

They don't want everyone to realize that they silence dissident voices. Rather, they just want people to think he just left.

Upvote 0

Joseph Hazen

The Religious Loudmouth
May 2, 2011
The Silent Planet
✟17,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Having met Fr. Vincent Serpa once, while Roman Catholic, I have to say that I think he's one of the saintliest men I've ever met. That being said, the rest of the leadership at Catholic Answers are some of the biggest cowards I think I've ever encountered on the 'net. You're not the first I've known who was banned without being labeled as such.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're the first person I've seen who had the EXACT same thing done to them as me. I had the "lock-out" pseudo-ban also. Same exact message. They want other posters to think you just LEFT of your own free will fed up with posting online or something rather than it make them look bad! If they ban too many people, it makes them look like the ones with the problem. If they shadow-ban you like they did me, people won't find out....or so they think! LOL

I got some message that said I couldn't post and then there was a thing that said something like "when is this lifted?" and the answer was "Never."

EDIT: Here's the actual message

Forum Message
Your account has been locked for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

This change will be lifted: Never

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I apparently wasn't in their face enough. My account seems to still be open on CAF. Mind you, I was one of the ones that left in disgust after the great Orthodox thread purge a few years back, and then I decided it would be good for me to take a long break from all fora in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
They don't want everyone to realize that they silence dissident voices. Rather, they just want people to think he just left.

Do people over there realize it goes on? I remember when Scott was pseudo-banned, there was a bit of discussion about it. But I don't know how many people realize what goes on.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
MKJ said:
Do people over there realize it goes on? I remember when Scott was pseudo-banned, there was a bit of discussion about it. But I don't know how many people realize what goes on.

No idea. I don't hang out there anymore.

Upvote 0

Joseph Hazen

The Religious Loudmouth
May 2, 2011
The Silent Planet
✟17,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Until Scott was banned, I had no clue, and I was on there for years before then. I also had no clue about how much they hack-jobbed the Fathers to get those quotes. That was the first major hit to my respect for them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.