• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i really need some help 17/f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnet

Mar 28, 2004
✟133.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Wondergirl. First of all - I am so sorry that you had that terrible experience with your pastor. That is unfortunate. Everyone makes mistakes, and yours is no worse than what anyone else does, so don't let him make you feel unworthy.

Second, I think a lot of women feel a very strong attraction to their close female friends. I mean, women are beautiful look at, right? And women tend to bond on a more intimate level than most men do with other men. So I think it's natural to feel strong feelings for your friend. But it seems like if you're asking if it's okay, you think it really isn't. Now I don't claim to have the right answers. But I know that when I have questions like that, "like surely this must be okay," it's because I know deep down it probably isn't and I want it to be. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but maybe if you step back for a while, you can see what's going on a little better. I think Sethsmommy made a good suggestion: worry about the baby right now. I would tell my friend that I loved her as my friend and that I just didn't know what to do about the relationship and that I needed to figure things out first. There's no reason you guys can't still be friends, without being physically intimate.

Good luck Sara - I will keep you in my thoughts. :)

Upvote 0

CoolWater

Person.
May 24, 2002
Lost Angels, CA
Visit site
✟7,926.00
Faith
Christian
Sara,

I'm so sorry that you find yourself in this position. Undoubtedly, God sees your struggle, hears your desperate prayers, and, in my estimation, empathises with your position right now. He knows you are hurting.

Sara, I have always found it interesting that when a person seeks out advice, under most circumstances, he/she goes to the person who will tell him/her what they want to hear. I don't think there is coincidence you are looking for advice on a Christian BB. You already know what you should do, and I urge you to do what you know to be right... follow those instincts that lead you here.

As you well know, there are certain certain decisions we make that cannot be remade. And we must live with the consequences sometimes for the rest of our lives. There are some things you can't just go back and re-do. You are on the brink of some of these life choices. And it can be a terrifing place.

I do believe that God restores the lives of those who seek Him, especially those whose lives are a havoc. If you cling to what is good, to what is right and just, God will react. Follow the road of Light, and you be lead closer to Him. (And just remember, seeking God and going along with the church's message are two different things completely. IMO, kicking someone out when they are in desperate need of spiritual support is a sign that that church is severely lacking. A tenet central to the teachings of Jesus is absenct in your former church altogether-- compassion)

Although making wise decisions now will not guarantee an easier life right this minute, if you use the wisdom that God has already given you, before you know it your situation WILL be better. Its just a matter of time.

Making the right decsion is hard. But you do have the capability to do it.

Upvote 0

Mebby01

Christian Girl
Jun 22, 2004
Surrey
✟8,330.00
Faith
Christian
hun thats so sad don't worry God loves you no matter what you do no one is perfect. I have a lot of problems too I kissed a couple of girls had sex. And I can't stop all you need to do is take the time to talk to and ask what you should do about this. Thats very harash that you got kicked out of your church find a new church that is right for you. And will accept you for who you are. It might take a while for that but you can do it l hope everything works out of for you girl!

Upvote 0

coolhaircam

May 15, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
✟337.00
Faith
Baptist
God doesn't deal with sin. It's a sin! In The Bible it states man were meant for women and women for men. Your feelings for this girl are from the devil. Don't fool yourself. Don't turn your back on God because of this. GOD WILL NOT TOLERATE IT. It's wrong to have these feelings. Pray and ask for forgivness as I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

lonelypilgrim

Nov 29, 2004
Eastern Kentucky
✟719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wondergirl said:
why does god have to be so stubborn? he gave me the ability to love and he gave me my girlfriend in my path, how could it be that he did not want me to be with her? i think god gave me a heart and a brain and both are saying that god will understand.
There are many things set in our paths in this life; not all of them are from God. We are to test the things that are set before us to see if they are of God or of the evil one. In our own minds we can convince ourselves and blur the line between good and evil; but God is Holy and cannot have anything to do with sin. You need God in your life; but in order to have God you must give up the sin.
God did give you a heart and brain dear one, use them. Study the scriptures to see what God has said. Pray for an answer.
There are alot of families that would love to have a child and cannot; I am one of those. if you do not want to keep your baby please put the child up for adoption. There are many families just waiting to offer a child a wonderful home full of love.

I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

LilRitt04

.::I will always love you::.
Sep 30, 2004
In the USA
✟15,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Wondergirl said:
my name is sara and i have a serious problem and i need some spiritual help. my church threw me out and ive been too scared to go to another man of god. i need help from my peers. im 17 years old and i was impregnated 4 months ago. just to add another twist to my sad story, im starting to have feelings for one of my friends. shes been helping my deal with my baby and somethings have been coming over me. she and i had the same feelings and weve had a date and she kissed me. it was a long kiss, one that made me believe that im bi. i need advice. please help me find gods message of what i need to do.
Sweetheart, you need to take baby steps.

Just because that one particular church threw you doesnt mean that the next one will. My family and I were just recently told to leave our church of 12 years because of conflict. You cannot help what happened and you cant change it. God has something more that what you think for you. You just need to open yourself up to him. Show God that you are ready for that change in your life. The best part is God is a forgiving God and he will forgive you of your sins and cast them away and never remember them. You have to want that before you get it. Having feelings for another girl is not right...You should know that from going to a church. I dont want to sound harsh but God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. You need to look at this girl that you are attracted to as a friend. As someone to confide in when you need it. Not as a girlfriend. When she goes to kiss you or do anything of that nature stop it. You are 17 and you know what is right and wrong. All you have to do is put your foot down and say "Im done" When you utter those words God is going to hear you and he is going to help you through every step of the way.

Upvote 0

Swanee

Jan 10, 2005
Australia
✟593.00
Faith
Pentecostal
God did give you the ability to love, but i think it was satan that put the attraction to the girl in your path to draw you further from God. As other have said, don't consider pills or abortion. Jesus has made a path for you, but you need to follow it. You really need to turn to him. And I think the only way back to him is through the church, go to a different church if the pastor does not want to see you, or vice versa.
Remember Rom:3:23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;, so you are not alone, all our sin is as bad as the next. But you have a wonderful God, who has forgiven your sins throught the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Whatever you do, do not turn from him, he will find a way for you.

Please feel free to pm me if you wish. You need all the encouragement you can get!
GOD Bless YOU!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.