I need some more family advice!!!

javierc87

May 18, 2011
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok I really need some advice on this situation. 2 of my brothers have just recently got out of jail. I'm the oldest out of 5 and my brother (20yrs old) has had this muslim girl who has been obsessed over him follow him everywhere. When he was in jail she would put money in his account to eat and basically would do anything to satisfy him. The 1st day he got out of jail he was talking to me and my sister and was telling us that he is only using her because she has money and her dad said that if my brother marries her and turns muslim that he will give my brother a house and one of his businesses. My brother loves money and possessions... which is one of his biggest downfalls. One day when the muslim girl was by herself I told her that my brother is just using her. She said that she was thinking the same thing. So by her saying that I thought I helped her realize what he is doing but...sadly no. She still comes over the house to be with my brother but whats sad to me is that my brother treats her like crap, he tells her to shut up, uses her money, car and cell phone. He also has a baby by her that he doesn't even play with. He also has 3 other babies by other mothers that he doesnt help raise. It seems to me that she knows that she is being used but she doesnt care. I pray and I pray but I don't know what to do. I have talked to her twice and told her that its better if she leaves him but shes still with him. I have talked to my brother and tried to tell him about what the bible says about not being able to serve 2 master GOD and mammon. But I get so fed up. What should I do? I dont want them to get married and him turn muslim ( by the way he is married to one of the other baby's mothers but are separated he has not yet divorced) Should I just butt out and let GOD deal with it? Does the bible say anything about this situation? I want to do what GOD wants me to do.

W4MK

I work for W4MK and I love talking about Bible.
Jun 15, 2011
USA
✟15,203.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yikes! I hate that your brother is doing this thing to this poor girl(or rich). No matter what her religion, she's human. If he claims to be Christian, he shouldn't be doing this. No where does the Bible say to use people, but the very opposite. But the thing is, God has given him freewill. The only thing you can do is lay out the truth to the both of them. Then worry no more about it. Because the Bible says this, Matthew 6:25-34

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

So maybe I helped you.

Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok I really need some advice on this situation. 2 of my brothers have just recently got out of jail. I'm the oldest out of 5 and my brother (20yrs old) has had this muslim girl who has been obsessed over him follow him everywhere. When he was in jail she would put money in his account to eat and basically would do anything to satisfy him. The 1st day he got out of jail he was talking to me and my sister and was telling us that he is only using her because she has money and her dad said that if my brother marries her and turns muslim that he will give my brother a house and one of his businesses. My brother loves money and possessions... which is one of his biggest downfalls. One day when the muslim girl was by herself I told her that my brother is just using her. She said that she was thinking the same thing. So by her saying that I thought I helped her realize what he is doing but...sadly no. She still comes over the house to be with my brother but whats sad to me is that my brother treats her like crap, he tells her to shut up, uses her money, car and cell phone. He also has a baby by her that he doesn't even play with. He also has 3 other babies by other mothers that he doesnt help raise. It seems to me that she knows that she is being used but she doesnt care. I pray and I pray but I don't know what to do. I have talked to her twice and told her that its better if she leaves him but shes still with him. I have talked to my brother and tried to tell him about what the bible says about not being able to serve 2 master GOD and mammon. But I get so fed up. What should I do? I dont want them to get married and him turn muslim ( by the way he is married to one of the other baby's mothers but are separated he has not yet divorced) Should I just butt out and let GOD deal with it? Does the bible say anything about this situation? I want to do what GOD wants me to do.

Whoa. ur brother has severe character flaws. He seems pretty young or very immature. He's not saved if he can consider the option of turning Muslim simply for a quick buck. But u may have to stop intervening. The reason this chick is sticking around is bc they have a child together. This is one of those times where you have to fall back and let people make their own choices. Just be there waiting in the wings with scripture and holy water in hand when ur brother wakes up to the realization that he isn't invincible and isn't the best thing since sliced bread and is remorseful for the way he's treated women in the past. His day will come. Just not today.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you do?

Move toward Christ as never before....

You are not the savior, He is.

As you get your life in order and begin to find God's purpose for your life,
you will become that light set on a hill and you will shine so that others
will see that God is at work in your life.

Only God can save your brothers so as you speak to them in love, remember
that it is God who takes the seeds of life (the gospel through your mouth)
and applies them to your brother's heart.

Don't become fustrated and begin to question God
(where are you and why aren't you doing something).

When we rely on our strengths we will fail but when we get hold of
the promises of God and depend on Him, He will never fail.

Sometimes you need to let go and let God.

Prayer works absolutely when you begin with faith.

If we will please God...we must first believe that God is, that He is God
almighty, creator of all things and able to do all things and that nothing is
impossible for Him and we must believe that He is the REWARDER OF
THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.

Seek God in prayer for your brothers but do so in faith...

Example...

Father, In Christ's name I come to you..
God, I know that you are good...
I know you love my brother more than I could ever love him...
I know that you died for him even if he is acting as an enemy...

God I cannot save my brother but you can...
Begin a new work in my brothers life and reveal yourself to him
in ways he has never known....

God I know that your desire for my brother is greater and is for
blessing and salvation and life abundantly....I trust my brother
into your care and I KNOW that you will help him.

Thank you father, in Jesus Christ name....

Seek out others who will pray for your brother also...

Prayer is powerful and it absolutely works if we trust in
our Father and believe that He wants good things for your brother
in a greater ways than we can even understand, but he needs us to ask...

We are given a great privilage to pray for others and move God's
hand in the lives of those who are too blind or weak to ask God
for His help for themselves.

Never discount the power of your prayers when mixed with faith in
your Abba...Daddy.

Oh...when you are in worry or fear, you are not in faith.
If you pray in faith, at some time during your prayers, you
should sense the peace of God. If you do not, you haven't let go,
you are still worrying and or you doubt that God will hear or help.

If you struggle in prayer, get with others who can pray the paint off the walls
and let them pray with you....:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0