• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i am sure there must be some around here.

Am looking at other designs , as the tattoo on my wrist need to be small enough to fit on my wrists as i have another tattoo below it am thinking about a black heart . its small enough to get it in there
i do want other tattoos i have 5 already the pentagram on my right wrist and butterfly on my other wrist
a dragon on my right arm ( underneath my pentagram) the Japanese symbol for dragon one my left arm / shoulder and ying and yang on my right arm /shoulder
Am also looking at ideas for a tattoo on my left arm underneath my butterfly
thinking of getting the armor of God like the verses number and something with it

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i am sure there must be some around here.

Am looking at other designs , as the tattoo on my wrist need to be small enough to fit on my wrists as i have another tattoo below it am thinking about a black heart . its small enough to get it in there
i do want other tattoos i have 5 already the pentagram on my right wrist and butterfly on my other wrist
a dragon on my right arm ( underneath my pentagram) the Japanese symbol for dragon one my left arm / shoulder and ying and yang on my right arm /shoulder
Am also looking at ideas for a tattoo on my left arm underneath my butterfly
thinking of getting the armor of God like the verses number and something with it
Ella: Yes, the whole armor of God in Ephesians 6 seems to be a very meaningful passage to you, that you would be especially keen to talk to other people about, right?
Seems like, having definitely gotten over the first hurdle of getting inked and done it a number of times already, you've become a confidently tattooed woman that is, money permitting, now ready to pursue faith related design options also.

Upvote 0

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
yes, the reason i like it so much is because my voices are fighting with each other and when i read this verses God told me that this will help me get through the times where the bad voices are at there worse
I have loved that verses ever since

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes, the reason i like it so much is because my voices are fighting with each other and when i read this verses God told me that this will help me get through the times where the bad voices are at there worse
I have loved that verses ever since
Ella:

Yes, the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, is an important aspect of the whole armor of God. This is why meditating in the Word and learning more about the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus in the Scriptures is so valuable. One the things is, when people say things, we may remember what we have read in the Word, and it can be for our and their benefit.

The helmet of salvation is another; it's good to have assurance of salvation (Romans 8.38-39).

Some people do also find tattoo sessions and the memory of them quite therapeutic, when the needles from the tattoo artist's machine go up and down the placement area, don't they?

Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes they do
I know there is some verses in bible that say tattoos are wrong but know there also verses that say its ok to have tattoos
Ella: Sometimes Leviticus 19.28 is referred to, 'cutting for the dead', etc. Of course, the previous verse says about not trimming the corner of one's beard. Do preachers shave? Some Christians would reason that its immediate context might be about Old Testament Jews in the land under the law. Some might even say that New Testament Christians under grace and exercising Christian liberty (Romans 14), and motivated by a desire to testify might well be motivated to use this means to display a faith based tattoo design that has proven effective in witness as a conversation-starter, might be in a different category. I guess different Christians could reason in various different ways, right?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes i agree
i also have my septum pierced as well its the only piercing i have
i want to get more ,but i don't want to scare people at church :fearscream::fearful:
Ella:
This is nice :); so do you prefer to insert a forked septum ring, or the round variety?
So when you said you want to get more, did you mean more piercings? or more tattoos?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i like the round one
more piercings and tattoos
This is nice. I expect you keep the septum ring in regularly to keep the hole open, right.
A lot of tattoo parlors will also do piercings as well; at least, over here they do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
av never took it off since i got it pierced
yes a lot of places do both piercing and tattoo i know one place that dont but most places do
Ella: Well, in Ezekiel 16.12 it says that God gave Zion a nose ring.
I can see that you like piercings, anyway; kind of complement to your ink really, I guess.
Anyway, it's what Paul calls the 'iiner person' in Ephesians that really counts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lightlife

Jul 11, 2015
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hear demons / satan and angels / god in audible voices also just like regular people. I have also seen jesus christ and god as well as hell and many demons in awakened lucid dreams, dreams and nightmares.

For anyone wondering demons always talk to you from the moment you wake up to the moment you fall asleep and influence your dreams.

I just wanted to give you this link which helped me alot since demons constantly try to trick you, they also pretend to be god constantly. But anyway read this article, it helped me a lot:

https://924jeremiah.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/voices-in-your-mind-discerning-between-god-demons/

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
W
I hear Gods voice ...its amazing , but i also hear evil voices .
I think its because a dabbled in the dark arts before i, have a pentagram tattoo as well .
I think that why the voices are so bad .
My husband says the voices is a sign that am Mentally ill .
yes i do have mental health problems ,
The evil voices are really bad at the moment so am listening to christian music.
praying and reading the bible also helps
Why did you get a pentagram tattoo? That is so scary to me...you are not hearing the voice of God. I can tell you that right now. First of all Gods voice is the faintest whisper. Knowing that you might start hearing whispers and if so...you are not hearing God.. Its messing with your head. What are dark arts? Ouiji and stuff? I think you have opened a doorway to allow something to think its welcome there but medication can shut them off but they wont go away. You might want to be blessed by a priest honey. Are you ok? What do they say to you if you dont mind me asking? You can private message me if you want.

Upvote 0

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Sorry it took me so long to reply ...the God voices tells me that i should keep praying that i am loved
there are times when i hate myself and these voices tell me to love myself
i think i should see someone about this the voices that are evil tell me to reject Jesus
that i should follow the dark arts i use to follow so many voices now i cant think right i got the pentagram tattoo when i was a teen i thought id be following the same religion all my life and didn't really think about the fact its permanent and that id be christian again

am ok my husband makes sure am safe
my husband don't believe in anything so its unlikely he'd let me go and see a priest about this
he says am ill meds will help me

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry it took me so long to reply ...the God voices tells me that i should keep praying that i am loved
there are times when i hate myself and these voices tell me to love myself
i think i should see someone about this the voices that are evil tell me to reject Jesus
that i should follow the dark arts i use to follow so many voices now i cant think right i got the pentagram tattoo when i was a teen i thought id be following the same religion all my life and didn't really think about the fact its permanent and that id be christian again

am ok my husband makes sure am safe
my husband don't believe in anything so its unlikely he'd let me go and see a priest about this
he says am ill meds will help me
What do you mean he won't "let" you go see a priest? You are a prisoner who can't come and go as you please? I'm married and my husband "let's" me go wherever I want. I am my own person and am not his to control especially if it is in regard to my spiritual health and my mental health. I think it would be scary having evil voices in my head. What kinds of dark arts have you practiced? Witchcraft? Did it work?

Upvote 0