• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
my husband is also my carer he has to look after me sometimes i do things that arent good
some times i can put my life in danger without realizing it ...sometimes i make bad choices
I have been mentally ill for a long time and my husband keeps me safe and if that is not letting me do things then thats what happens
Yes i did some spells but i was never that big into it i just thought it was cool ( i dont think its cool now )
never used Ouija boards etc

i love the star of David but at the moment i cant afford any more tattoos as we are on benefits as i don't work and neither does my husband as i need 24/7 care

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i love the star of David but at the moment i cant afford any more tattoos as we are on benefits as i don't work and neither does my husband as i need 24/7 care

Oh okay. Anyway I think you also may have mentioned something to do with Ephesians 6 - the whole armor of God - as a future ink possibility. This is a great chapter from Ephesians!

Does dh have any ink as well? if so maybe one day you guys could even go get more ink together.

Blessings to you guys.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No my husband isnt inked he says he wouldnt get one he says because its permanent

yes id like something to do with that whole armor of God
It's a great passage to meditate on in any case! whether or not you actually do get it done with ink. (Kind of fits in with your avatar as well, I guess, what with the warrior, etc.)

Sounds like you got a good parlor with an artist that you trust and enjoy going to, anyway.

Upvote 0

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i want more piercings but am not sure where
ears would be good a few of them and i want them done right and done at the same place( the shop ) i got the middle of my nose done id need to save up for the money but its shouldn't take so long to get some done

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ears would be good a few of them and i want them done right and done at the same place( the shop ) i got the middle of my nose done id need to save up for the money but its shouldn't take so long to get some done
Yes, they do cost less than tattoos. If you go to a kiosk they would cost even less but I know some ppl really do like to get pierced properly in a parlor.

Ear cartilage is of course popular unless you already have it.

Sounds like you want a few of them someplace eventually.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; nice new screen name and avatar also; looks like it would make a good tattoo design, right?

Good quote from Luke also!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes it would be a great design
its is a good quote

really not doing so good at the moment went out for a meal with my husband started to see things peoples faces deformed
am home now but it was scary
God told me not to be afraid
John 14.6: 'Let not your heart be troubled...' is a good passage!

When I saw the avatar design, it seemed like it was very like a tattoo design!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i have so many ideas for tattoos ill have no more room on my body for them all
Oh well I'm sure you'll have plenty of placement options, anyway. For instance, arm is nice; and increasingly behind the ear for a small one seems to be popular.

Yes, I'm sure you've got lots of creative ideas, including for faith based designs.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
there are so many bible verses that i like and this from someone who hasnt read the bible much
Well, it's good every day to read some Bible verses without fail. Every day we can enjoy them, think about them, let them sink into our thinking, and thank the Lord for them. The whole of the Word of God is ultimately centred around the Person of the Lord Jesus. (Then after a while we may be surprised to learn just how many verses we have read over a period of time.)

Sounds like you want a Bible verse or reference as a tattoo possibility also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ill need to get some of them posted on my wall as i dont think i have enough room on my body lol
Sounds like you have quite a few tattoos already.

Yes, my wife and I have various texts about the house also. The daily prayerful reading of the Word is so important; even if we don't understand it all at first, it's 'the washing of water by the Word' (Ephesians 5.26) that really helps us.

Upvote 0

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hear Gods voice ...its amazing , but i also hear evil voices .
I think its because a dabbled in the dark arts before i, have a pentagram tattoo as well .
I think that why the voices are so bad .
My husband says the voices is a sign that am Mentally ill .
yes i do have mental health problems ,
The evil voices are really bad at the moment so am listening to christian music.
praying and reading the bible also helps

Do you know Jesus is the name above every name and that there is none other God but him?

Upvote 0

muarader64

Oct 24, 2008
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know Jesus is the name above every name and that there is none other God but him?

Jesus Christ is not God himself, he is the Son of God.

1 Corinthians chap. 11 : 3 states(King James Version):

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Upvote 0

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Christ is not God himself, he is the Son of God.

Putting a difference between the two is to deny that God has come in the flesh: and in doing that you have denied the gospel. The Son of God according to the scriptures is indeed God himself in the flesh.

Isaiah 9:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born(LUKE 2:11), unto us a son is given(JOHN 3:16): and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Upvote 0