• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I hear Gods voice ...its amazing , but i also hear evil voices .
I think its because a dabbled in the dark arts before i, have a pentagram tattoo as well .
I think that why the voices are so bad .
My husband says the voices is a sign that am Mentally ill .
yes i do have mental health problems ,
The evil voices are really bad at the moment so am listening to christian music.
praying and reading the bible also helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Razare

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes , am on medication , its only helps sometimes
i see my psych again soon so i can talk to him about the medication
Hi Ellamuk1976:

Hi there. Like you said earlier, prayer and the Scriptures are so important. I agree that your header reference to Ephesians 6 and the whole armor of God is very important.

Regarding your reference to the tattoo that you find problematic, I was wondering whether it was specifically the design that you find problematic, or whether it's the fact that you became a tattooed woman that you now find problematic.

If it's the former, then good tattoo artists, with careful planning with the client, can sometimes effect a fairly satisfactory modification to the design. Like, for example, if you have a five pointed star symbol that you would rather not have, then a five pointed one can sometimes be changed into a 6 pointed one which is the Star of David and which in testimony terms can be linked to something to do with the Lord from the Old Testament. Just a thought.

If it's the latter, well, these days you have a lot of company anyway, with 59% - 70% (or more) of parlor clients in North America being women. To do it used to be a man thing, but today in North America women have exercised tattoo equality for years now, and many Christian women wear witness ink, including grandmothers who, say, get praying hands inked with grandkids names, for example, or preachers' daughters, when they go to college, getting their wrists tattooed with a Christian fish sign <><, etc.

Take care.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i like most of my tattoos apart from that one
but i like your idea in changing it to a star of David
i just need to wait until i have money

Ellamuk1976:

Oh so you do enjoy being a multiple-tattooed woman and don't seem to have issues with it.

Yes, the Star of David, like the cross and the Christian fish sign <><, etc. regularly feature in faith based ink. I think Psalm 110.1 'The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand...' is a great Messianic Scripture which in David's word links the Old Testament with the New very clearly, and can be a relevant reference point to a Star of David tattoo.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hear Gods voice ...its amazing , but i also hear evil voices .
I think its because a dabbled in the dark arts before i, have a pentagram tattoo as well .
I think that why the voices are so bad .
My husband says the voices is a sign that am Mentally ill .
yes i do have mental health problems ,
The evil voices are really bad at the moment so am listening to christian music.
praying and reading the bible also helps
Ellamuk1976:

Yes, some good Christian hymns and songs can be really uplifting as when the Savior is given his rightful due. 'In Christ Alone' (it's on Youtube) is a really great song! :)

(It would be nice if there were more Christian tattoo parlors also.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a beautiful song
( yes i agree )

i have no issues with tattoos i love art but am not good at making art
so to me tattoos are art but on the body
Hi Ella: (did you change your name to WarriorOfGod?)

Yes, it's a well loved song with very reassuring, Christ-exalting words, I think.

'O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder...' (also on Youtube, I think) is another great one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes i did but you can still call me Ella
yes i remember that song from church its is a great one
Ella: A lot of congregations seem to sing that one! This verse seems to be the most impressive one: "And when I think of God His Son not sparing, Sent Him to die, I scarce can take in in, And on the Cross my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin. (Then sings my soul, my Savior God to The, How great Thou art, etc.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

i have no issues with tattoos i love art but am not good at making art
so to me tattoos are art but on the body

PS: Ella:

Oh sounds like, your dollars permitting, you're still open eventually for receiving more parlor needling?

Upvote 0

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... and yes i am looking for more tattoos
PS: Ella:

Yes, it used to be a thing for male bikers and sailors, but in more recent years it's truly also become a really womanly way of self-expression.
(Very short video of man getting a John 3.16 tattoo; of course the main thing is to have the truth firmly in one's heart and not only skin )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yea there is a few of them...but i dont know many people with faith based tattoos
Seems like in recent years a lot of new parlors have opened up; and specifically faith based designs seem like a growth area because of their potentials, right?

Of course, you're in the UK, right; I was forgetting.

Upvote 0