I hate Repent of your sins to be Saved. it is a false gospel, lie from the pit of hell

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God seals his people. They already have a mark.
I do not believe that the false trinity can mark what the true tinity has already marked.

Peace and Blessings

So you are saying, if one believes in Jesus at the beginning of the Tribulation, he cannot choose to take the mark of the beast later?

He lost his free will to choose?

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying, if one believes in Jesus at the beginning of the Tribulation, he cannot choose to take the mark of the beast later?

He lost his free will to choose?
Do you blaspheme the Holy Spirit? Not even as a non-Christian, I did not do that. I sure would not now.
Why would anyone, truly a child of God, take the mark of the beast? I don't believe they would. I don't believe they could. This is above and beyond what they did to Christians in Roman times, torturing them to denounce their beliefs.
This potentially becomes like Christianity originated. Where it was NOT profitable to oneself to be a Christian. In the USSR, it was not profitable to be a Christian. Nor is it today in N. Korea. But nothing to the extent it will become during the last half of the tribulation. If there are any Christians there during that time.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you blaspheme the Holy Spirit? Not even as a non-Christian, I did not do that. I sure would not now.

How does one "blaspheme the Holy Spirit" now?

Why would anyone, truly a child of God, take the mark of the beast? I don't believe they would. I don't believe they could.

To confirm, you are actually saying he cannot choose to take the mark?

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How does one "blaspheme the Holy Spirit" now?

To confirm, you are actually saying he cannot choose to take the mark?
In short. By stating one of the trinity does so by the power of one of the unholy trinity.

As stated in my reply. I don't believe so.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So that is what it takes to ensure that, even during the Tribulation, its once saved always saved, just like now.

Thanks for confirming.
Why don't you ask what you want to know instead of 20 questions?
After endless questions, it makes you appear dishonest, like you have an agenda, and want people to put statements forth, where you will not, like you want to trap people so you can perceive yourself as having been right or won something.

I no longer desire to play your games.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is disgusting. Nowhere in the bible does it say the phrase repent of your sins. and nowhere does it say repent of your sins to be saved. the Bible says you must Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, Acts 16:31 that's it. not repent from all your sins, stop sinning, give up drinking, etc. ppl add in works, Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all, these people say "repent of your sins to be saved" no you repent of your sins buddy, the sin of a false gospel being preached. being a false prophet is the worst sin there is it's this wicked works salvation garbage that people want to add works to salvation. Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all. anyone who wants to add to the simple gospel , that is wicked.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
The word “Trinity” isn’t in the Bible either. Do you deny the Trinity because the word is not specifically stated in the scriptures? The word Trinity isn’t in there but the concept of it does exist in the scriptures. The same can be said for repentance. Have you never read Revelation 2 & 3. Both of those chapters are completely about repentance or facing the consequences. In Matthew 7 Jesus made it clear that repentance is necessary for salvation.

”“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell and great was its fall.”“
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7‬:‭21‬-‭27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is disgusting. Nowhere in the bible does it say the phrase repent of your sins. and nowhere does it say repent of your sins to be saved. the Bible says you must Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, Acts 16:31 that's it. not repent from all your sins, stop sinning, give up drinking, etc. ppl add in works, Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all, these people say "repent of your sins to be saved" no you repent of your sins buddy, the sin of a false gospel being preached. being a false prophet is the worst sin there is it's this wicked works salvation garbage that people want to add works to salvation. Jonah 3:10 says turning from evil way is works. salvation is faith alone, Jesus paid it all. anyone who wants to add to the simple gospel , that is wicked.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Jesus said He will judge everyone according to their what? Do you know this verse?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
nope, repent of your sins is works according to Jonah 3:10. and we are not saved by works. Jesus did all the work, we just believe on him. Jesus paid it all
So you’re not going to explain any of the verses he just quoted? What do you do with those verses, just pretend they don’t exist? In order for your theology to be biblical it must line up with ALL SCRIPTURE, not just bits & pieces of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ok, but if they don't... his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5 “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”
So what your saying is that the Bible teaches that we can go around murdering, raping, stealing, lying, cheating our entire life and as long as we believe that Jesus will save us while we’re doing these things we will be saved? Is that what the Bible teaches?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God seals his people. They already have a mark.
I do not believe that the false trinity can mark what the true tinity has already marked.

Peace and Blessings
Yeah Paul warned believers who were sealed with the Holy Spirit not to grieve Him in Ephesians 4:17-31. Then in Ephesians 5:1-6 he explains why.

”So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart; and they, having become callous, have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. But you did not learn Christ in this way, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. Therefore, laying aside falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, for we are members of one another. Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity. He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need. Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.“
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭17‬-‭32‬ ‭NASB1995‬

In the next chapter he proceeds to tell them why they must not grieve the Holy Spirit with which they have been sealed with. Notice the first word in chapter 5 is “Therefore” which means he is expanding on what he stated in chapter 4.

”Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For (Because) this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Why must immorality not be named among them? Because no immoral person has an inheritance in the kingdom of God and the wrath of God will come upon them.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you ask what you want to know instead of 20 questions?
After endless questions, it makes you appear dishonest, like you have an agenda, and want people to put statements forth, where you will not, like you want to trap people so you can perceive yourself as having been right or won something.

I no longer desire to play your games.

Peace and Blessings

Chill, no one is trapping you. Who cares about winning anything when all of us are anonymous strangers on the Internet who will never meet in real life? ;)

I made a point to another person about how one can lose his salvation during the Tribulation, and you replied with your comments.

Thus, I merely want to confirm what you were thinking in that reply. No one can read your mind except for yourself.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
nope, repent of your sins is works according to Jonah 3:10. and we are not saved by works. Jesus did all the work, we just believe on him. Jesus paid it all

Jesus didn't "pay" anything. That is the typical manner in which Western soteriology views salvation.

What Jesus did do on the Cross was to defeat death by His death. This is the ancient teaching of the Christian faith, a faith which Western Protestantism knows nothing about. Your OP is based on the juridical view of salvation as a legal transaction, i.e., I "believe" on Jesua and God declares me once and for all "saved" and guaranteed eternal life.

The Church has never taught this and never will because it is not what the Apostles taught.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Church has never taught this and never will because it is not what the Apostles taught.

OSAS is found in Pauline epistles, some examples:

Romans 4:5
Romans 5:12-19
1 Corinthians 15:1-4,
Ephesians 1:3-14

To be precise, any church can always choose to interpret these Pauline passages otherwise and claim that it was not what Paul is teaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't "pay" anything. That is the typical manner in which Western soteriology views salvation.

What Jesus did do on the Cross was to defeat death by His death. This is the ancient teaching of the Christian faith, a faith which Western Protestantism knows nothing about. Your OP is based on the juridical view of salvation as a legal transaction, i.e., I "believe" on Jesua and God declares me once and for all "saved" and guaranteed eternal life.

So your religion is no different than Islam, Morman, JW, or any tribal cult. There is a God and you must please him.

Christianity is the only 'religion' where God/Jesus did all the work. And through belief, we can partake of that. The ancient teaching of the Christian faith is easy to understand when you stop focusing on the work you did and rely solely on the person who did all the work. God/Jesus.

Eastern Soteriology cannot understand to whom the Glory belongs to. It's not man.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

"I declare unto you the good news...
By which you are saved, IF you keep in memory what I preached to you,
unless you have believed in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:1-2

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Ephesians 5:5

1 Corinthians 1:13
John 14:24
1 Corinthians 16:22

Galatians 6:7-9

Once we have the Holy Spirit He will not leave us, we get the Holy Spirit for free by grace for just believing.
Luke 11:13 Galatians 3:2 Ephesians 1:13
A truly born again child of God, is one who actually follows the Holy Spirit they received for free.
John 3:5-6 Romans 8:14

Upvote 0

Rsdar

Radar
Mar 22, 2024
Western New York
✟2,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am now eighty one years old and find myself surprised at how sure I was about some things sixty years ago that my further study has shown me something else. I have studied justification and salvation quite extensively and my position has changed from a hard-core "Faith alone" position to a faith plus works. Study all of Paul's teaching not just this verse or that verse and I think you will see Paul was not anti "works". What did Jesus say at judgement? Did you feed the hungry,visit the sick ect.and to those who did (sheep) He accepted and those who didn't (goats) he rejected. We're also told by Paul to " work out our salvation". Read carefully in the gospel of John what Jesus himself has to say about judgement. May the peace of Christ be with you.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So your religion is no different than Islam, Morman, JW, or any tribal cult. There is a God and you must please him.

Christianity is the only 'religion' where God/Jesus did all the work. And through belief, we can partake of that. The ancient teaching of the Christian faith is easy to understand when you stop focusing on the work you did and rely solely on the person who did all the work. God/Jesus.

Eastern Soteriology cannot understand to whom the Glory belongs to. It's not man.

Peace and Blessings

You appear to not have read what I wrote. Christ did not "pay" anyone with His death on the Cross, neither the devil nor His Father. He defeated that which was brought into the cosmos by Adam's sin --- death. It is not about "pleasing God" in Orthodoxy. It is about theosis, that is, becoming like Christ in everything but the essence of God (anyone teaching that we become in some way associated with the very essence of God is teaching heresy).

Theosis is that which man was created for. It was God's design to create "little gods" ("God became man so that man might become god" St. Athanasius). This was the plan in Eden which Adam derailed. The Cross restores mankind to God, strips the devil of his wrongly gotten loot (our souls) and gives us back Eden so that by participation with the Holy Spirit in our lives, we can advance in theosis. This is the ancient teaching of the Church which goes back hundreds of years, long before the heresy of "faith alone" was invented by Luther and the Reformers.

We do not create our salvation. Christ alone did that on the Cross. But we do participate in it through our cooperation with the Holy Spirit in the manner in which the Church has established - fasting, prayer, almsgiving, and good works. All of these nourish what St. Paul called "the new man in Christ" within, and starve to death the passions with which we struggle.

I would encourage you to do some reading and study of the ancient faith known as Holy Orthodoxy.

Peace and Blessings to you also.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

To be precise, any church can always choose to interpret these Pauline passages otherwise and claim that it was not what Paul is teaching.

I repeat, the Apostles never taught this. Period. If they had, then it would exist in the writings of those Ante-Nicene and Apostolic Fathers who came after Paul, men such as St. Ignatius, St. Polycarp, St. Athanasius, etc. You find no such teaching in the Church for 1500 years until the Protestant "Reformation" came along and invented it.

OSAS is Luther's baby, birthed because of his severe emotional and mental problems (have you read his biography? He was deeply troubled.) and his inability to see God as loving Father.

Upvote 0