Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hii, first of all nice to meet you, I'm 16 and I'm from Europe :)
Sooo this might be stupid, but I don't know if I should keep watching a show called "the amazing digital circus". The first episode came out a month ago, it has become my favourite show already. :') It doesn't promote sin or anything satanic, but I read somewhere that a few people from the fandom have a theory. The last scene, when everyone is having dinner together, reminds them of Leonardo da Vinci's painting (the last supper). The main character wears the same colours as Jesus in the painting (red and blue) and some fans think someone might be a betrayer. There's also a theory about Cain and Abel because there's a character named "Caine".

Now, this maybe isn't true since fans came out with this, and I myself don't think the show has something to do with religion honestly.

What do you think about it? Even if it's just a fan's opinion and isn't confirmed, I don't want to disappoint God

• Prayers
Reactions: AlexB23

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would say it is of no consequence. It is only an issue if the writers/director/actors actually intended it to be sacrilegious, which it sounds like they did not. I would not worry about this, there are a lot of things in life that can cause us issue, but this does not sound like one.

Upvote 0

marlovesjesus

Jesus saves<3
Nov 22, 2023
Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say it is of no consequence. It is only an issue if the writers/director/actors actually intended it to be sacrilegious, which it sounds like they did not. I would not worry about this, there are a lot of things in life that can cause us issue, but this does not sound like one.
Thanks! I don't know honestly. I hope they didn't do that on purpose, but I keep having doubts

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks! I don't know honestly. I hope they didn't do that on purpose, but I keep having doubts
Lets back up and assume it is on purpose, is the scene sacrilegious in any way? Forgetting about the painting by Leonardo da Vinci, are they mocking the Last Supper or Christ in the scene?

If the answer is "no", then it still does not really matter if it is in fact a copy of the painting - they are not meaning it to be taken in a sacrilegious way. The event is important and what matters, not necessarily Leonardo da Vinci's depiction of it.

If the answer is "yes" then it does not matter if they copied the painting or not because it is a sacrilegious depiction. Then it is a problem.

Upvote 0

marlovesjesus

Jesus saves<3
Nov 22, 2023
Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets back up and assume it is on purpose, is the scene sacrilegious in any way? Forgetting about the painting by Leonardo da Vinci, are they mocking the Last Supper or Christ in the scene?

If the answer is "no", then it still does not really matter if it is in fact a copy of the painting - they are not meaning it to be taken in a sacrilegious way. The event is important and what matters, not necessarily Leonardo da Vinci's depiction of it.

If the answer is "yes" then it does not matter if they copied the painting or not because it is a sacrilegious depiction. Then it is a problem.
No, they didn't mock Jesus and the scene wasn't sacrilegious. I feel dumb for worrying about this, but you know, I don't want to disappoint God in any way, I'm trying my best to be a good Christian (even if I know I can't be perfect).

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, they didn't mock Jesus and the scene wasn't sacrilegious. I feel dumb for worrying about this, but you know, I don't want to disappoint God in any way, I'm trying my best to be a good Christian (even if I know I can't be perfect).
It is OK to be worried, I think there is no issue here. It is good that you are trying to be a good Christian, we could use more in this world :)

Reactions: marlovesjesus
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s probably just some deprogramming or reprogramming for Christians, to make it common place and without wonder. Subtily trying to take meaning out of it, or mix in the world to godly things. Maybe they are even using reverse psychology. It’s good to have a healthy distrust of tv which is a fix from the devil anyway. I’m glad you are alarmed @marlovesjesus I don’t trust them and I don’t want to be subject to their tricks.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hii, first of all nice to meet you, I'm 16 and I'm from Europe :)
Sooo this might be stupid, but I don't know if I should keep watching a show called "the amazing digital circus". The first episode came out a month ago, it has become my favourite show already. :') It doesn't promote sin or anything satanic, but I read somewhere that a few people from the fandom have a theory. The last scene, when everyone is having dinner together, reminds them of Leonardo da Vinci's painting (the last supper). The main character wears the same colours as Jesus in the painting (red and blue) and some fans think someone might be a betrayer. There's also a theory about Cain and Abel because there's a character named "Caine".

Now, this maybe isn't true since fans came out with this, and I myself don't think the show has something to do with religion honestly.

What do you think about it? Even if it's just a fan's opinion and isn't confirmed, I don't want to disappoint God
When in doubt, throw it out. That means, if a show makes you feel uncomfortable, then stop watching it. That is what I found out when watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (JJBA), cos that is what a few lads my age enjoy. Jojo's made me feel very uncomfortable (too much violence and blood), so I gave up on it after a month. Should have given up on JJBA after the third episode.

Upvote 0

marlovesjesus

Jesus saves<3
Nov 22, 2023
Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would a painting be an issue? What does man's artistic impressions have to do with Jesus? Mocking a painting is not mocking an event. When did all this extra baggage become part of Christianity?
If it's true, and for now it's probably not, it means that they might be comparing Jesus to someone else, which I find disrespectful

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marlovesjesus

Jesus saves<3
Nov 22, 2023
Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It always helps to view what's being talked about:

I wouldn't worry about it.
Ok, I might've been overthinking a bit too much.

I just don't want to disrespect or disappoint God by watching something that might be a reference to biblical events as a joke

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I might've been overthinking a bit too much.

I just don't want to disrespect or disappoint God by watching something that might be a reference to biblical events as a joke
Thinking up things like that and also seeking counsel regarding it, shows good spiritual character. So I wasn't saying 'don't be silly' if it sounded that way. But after viewing it, I personally don't see anything to be concerned about at least regarding that scene. I think with the level of awareness you've demonstrated, if that series is going in a bad direction, you'll pick up on it. I think God would be disappointed if you had an attitude of 'I know this is bad and I shouldn't be watching it, but I'm going to enjoy it anyways regardless of that'. But obviously that's not the case.

Upvote 0

marlovesjesus

Jesus saves<3
Nov 22, 2023
Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thinking up things like that and also seeking counsel regarding it, shows good spiritual character. So I wasn't saying 'don't be silly' if it sounded that way. But after viewing it, I personally don't see anything to be concerned about at least regarding that scene. I think with the level of awareness you've demonstrated, if that series is going in a bad direction, you'll pick up on it. I think God would be disappointed if you had an attitude of 'I know this is bad and I shouldn't be watching it, but I'm going to enjoy it anyways regardless of that'. But obviously that's not the case.
Even if you said "don't be silly" it would be ok haha, I know myself enough to understand that I worry and overthink a lot about so many things. I should definitely pray about it.

I don't even know when the next episode is coming out, it might take a few months. Something that actually made me worry was a picture made by one of the creators of the main character crucified: they probably thought it was something fun to do and to post, but of course it's not, it's blasphemy. I'm not supporting them at all for this. Still, the series itself isn't about religion in my opinion.
If you'd like to check it out when you have time and tell me what you think about it, it's available on youtube.
For now I'll just see how it goes, and as you said, if it starts taking a bad direction, I'll immediately leave the fandom and stop watching it. Thank you for replying!!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is comparing this digital world to an afterlife a reason for concern? Hardly, considering our human future is headed towards a flesh/tech hybrid existence. Besides, we may just be an outside entities idea of virtual reality with a virus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

marlovesjesus

Jesus saves<3
Nov 22, 2023
Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is comparing this digital world to an afterlife a reason for concern? Hardly, considering our human future is headed towards a flesh/tech hybrid existence. Besides, we may just be an outside entities idea of virtual reality with a virus.
Hii, that's not the reason why I'm concerned. I'm concerned because if it turns out that it's true, it means that a character gets compared to Jesus. Still, there's a lot of mystery and fans are probably just trying to find answers because they want to know more, I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm concerned because if it turns out that it's true, it means that a character gets compared to Jesus.
If anything it appears the character is confused like you and is not being compared to Jesus but to you wondering how this new afterlife fits with your knowledge of the former fleshy life. But like others here say, if it bothers you then buy all means move on. There is plenty of backwards reality out there to deal with without adding fantasy to the mix :)

Upvote 0

marlovesjesus

Jesus saves<3
Nov 22, 2023
Milano
✟8,403.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If anything it appears the character is confused like you and is not being compared to Jesus but to you wondering how this new afterlife fits with your knowledge of the former fleshy life. But like others here say, if it bothers you then buy all means move on. There is plenty of backwards reality out there to deal with without adding fantasy to the mix :)
With "compared to Jesus" I also mean that some people think that she'll die for all the other characters in order to save them. But if we think about it, there are plenty of movies where the main character dies for their friends. I guess I just have to stop overthinking this (I feel a bit stupid right now ) and wait and see what happens in the next episodes, even tho it's gonna take a while. If I see anything that bothers me I'll just stop watching it : ) thanks for your reply!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But if we think about it, there are plenty of movies where the main character dies for their friends.
Most movies are based on good vs evil. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the two though :)

Upvote 0