How should we then live concerning gays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
good thing we have a bible to discredit false teaching, I suppose if you didn't believe everything you were told and sought the truth from your own reading, you could of not been so easily led to believe a lie

Which Bible discredits false teaching? There are thousands and they don't all agree. And you do realize everything you believe is what you've been told or led to believe right?

There are over 2 billion Christians and 35,000 Christian denominations. It's inappropriate to claim that only your view can possibly be correct.

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh Wow that's encouraging while waiting on the largest decision ever from the Supreme Court. Declaring something is natural that even animals do not do.

Um, you need to rethink that. Homosexuality has been documented in over 1000 species.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
California
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody's throwing stones at your precious gays Jase. They may feel rebuked, but yet they remain unharmed. Stop trying to play the sympathy card. Gays are exalted if anything. They practically run Hollywood and I'd bet, are better paid than average.
________

Animals haven't eaten from the tree of knowledge.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Nobody's throwing stones at your precious gays Jase. They may feel rebuked, but yet they remain unharmed. Stop trying to play the sympathy card. Gays are exalted if anything. They practically run Hollywood and I'd bet, are better paid than average.
________

Animals haven't eaten from the tree of knowledge.

They hardly run hollywood. Hollywood is notoriously anti-gay. And gays are generally better paid, because they are generally more successful than their heterosexual counterparts.

However, discrimination and abuse of gays is still extremely common, usually from religious extremists (Christians and Muslims predominately).

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Um, you need to rethink that. Homosexuality has been documented in over 1000 species.
Documented? Hardly. Observed, yes, but rarely. And we're still talking a fallen creation here, so its not surprising that animals engage in activities for which their genders were not designed, just as man has.

Upvote 0

01tj

May 30, 2012
Fairmont WV
✟7,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Documented? Hardly. Observed, yes, but rarely. And we're still talking a fallen creation here, so its not surprising that animals engage in activities for which their genders were not designed, just as man has.

And they also eat each other. Just because they do it does not make it natural.

I'm not sure where the gay supporters are getting their "facts" but another reason why its wrong is in most states it's still illegal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

prodigal brother

No, the Supreme Court has ruled, sodomy is a natural and legal act of consenting adults and that we shouldn't be peeking into their bedrooms.

Yes! someone should of gave the apostle Paul your great wisdom, and told him to stop peeking in the sexually immoral mans window, let the man have sex with his fathers wife, who's business is it what they do in the privacy of their own homes..................lets see how that works out for you, when you stand in front of the One who judges the hearts and MINDS of men..........I'm guessing only someone who takes the side of the homosexual, has his own skeletons in his closet

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, according to a new study.

However, in the latest study the authors claim the phenomenon is not only widespread but part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

This does not make sense when homosexual activity in no way can help the survival of the species.

The Bible calls it an abomination. It is a disgrace that our children are being made to accept it as natural in our schools or be punished. They might as well teach that everything else is ok also.

My 8 year old grandson got in trouble at school for calling a boy 'gay' - it was when they had 'our gay president' all over the news. My son wrote on the paper and sent it back that what do they expect when it is all over the news that our president is gay - how are kids going to sort out all this mess in their minds. That could be used as a compliment when people think the president is great by calling someone else by the same name.

Upvote 0

Claire Evans

Jun 1, 2012
✟305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian and coming from a conservative fundamentalist streak I still wrestle with the question. If my neighbor is gay I am still going to be polite and respectful to him or her. I may be even rather friendly. I would not like it if his insurance cost and hospital visitation was different than mine. That said, I would have a hard time considering any relationship he might have as a marriage. Some persons mention some verses from the Law mentioning what on the face of it is about same sex sexual behavior. My concern is that there are a number of verses that speak about capital punishment. Some of those things would not be acceptable to even many conservative fundamentalist. Thinking about what Paul wrote I have concerns. It seems to me that many guys are not so terribly evil that God gave them over to homosexual feelings. Certainly not more so than many heterosexual persons.

So this leads me to the question. Just how should I, living in America in 2012 behave toward a gay person. How would you? If a gay person was being harassed, would you step in to stop it. I hope I would. Should gay persons be restricted to where they live and what jobs they can do? I think not. What do you say?

Treat gays like you would anyone else. I most certainly do not judge them but I am not comfortable with homosexuality. That's my opinion. Leave them to God like everyone else.

Upvote 0
A

Azadok2day

As a Christian and coming from a conservative fundamentalist streak I still wrestle with the question. If my neighbor is gay I am still going to be polite and respectful to him or her. I may be even rather friendly. I would not like it if his insurance cost and hospital visitation was different than mine. That said, I would have a hard time considering any relationship he might have as a marriage. Some persons mention some verses from the Law mentioning what on the face of it is about same sex sexual behavior. My concern is that there are a number of verses that speak about capital punishment. Some of those things would not be acceptable to even many conservative fundamentalist. Thinking about what Paul wrote I have concerns. It seems to me that many guys are not so terribly evil that God gave them over to homosexual feelings. Certainly not more so than many heterosexual persons.

So this leads me to the question. Just how should I, living in America in 2012 behave toward a gay person. How would you? If a gay person was being harassed, would you step in to stop it. I hope I would. Should gay persons be restricted to where they live and what jobs they can do? I think not. What do you say?

The bible is clear on any judgement issue..... don't , Jesus also says to forgive 70 times 7 if nessasary . but are we to commune with any type of sinner that does not seek repentance , no we are not . The idea of numerous churches seeking unrepentant sinners to fill the pews and stating that being gay is ok with God then this is heresy .

The great apostasy spoken of in the bible has already began in many churches who have adopted many abominal heresies to fill the pews and coffers . Sad but true.

Upvote 0

Claire Evans

Jun 1, 2012
✟305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Gay behavior is wrong and I think Christian's are hiding behind Jesus' "don't judge" provision to create an evil environment. It's perfectly acceptable to call evil, "evil." I hear plenty of gay supporters on this forum, supporters of evil. But, not many willing to say gay behavior is evil? Can I get good Christian's to weigh in? Not to persecute, not to use the power of government, but just to agree God doesn't like gay behavior and we shouldn't either?

I personally do not believe God intended to make people with a homosexual orientation as it is not conducive to reproduction. God most certainly did not intend to make hermaphrodites. It is extremely hard for someone to reject their homosexuality because it is genetically disposed. Alcoholism is also genetic. Also, could anyone say homosexuality is wrong without the sex act?

All I know is that people get discriminated for being gay more than people who commit adultery, which causes a lot of heartache. Two gays in a relationship do not harm anyone.

When in doubt, pray to God for guidance. I have heard once that a homosexual turned straight after he prayed to God to be heterosexual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 6, 2011
California
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everyone has their cross to bear. Gays have their predilections and compulsions. Gluttons have food desires. Pretty people may have pride issues. Nobody lives life without challenges and problems.

Jesus told the crowd to drop the stones (if they agreed they were sinners too) and then admonished the woman. Christians are excellent at dropping the stones, but not nearly as good at admonishing the sinner. The gays are sinning and asking you to sanction their sin by passing gay marriage, equal rights laws and limiting free speech through "hate speech" laws.

Simply saying "the bible says a man shall not lay with another man" could put you in jail under these laws. Your right to freedom of religion would not trump their right to be free from such "hate speech." Just as the Sodomites hated admonishment, modern gays are militant about eliminating opposition to their behavior.

Admonishment doesn't hurt anyone. Jesus admonished and he taught us to admonish through his example. Not to punish, not to make laws where government force would be equivalent to throwing stones, but to recognize the sin and be free to say so, if necessary.

Upvote 0

Claire Evans

Jun 1, 2012
✟305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Then what about inappropriate behavior with animals? They aren't hurting anyone else. Surely you support inappropriate behavior with animals. You must want an equal rights amendment for practitioners of inappropriate behavior with animals? What about incest between consenting adults? If your standard is any sin is OK as long as it nobody is getting hurt, then you must be a big supporter of incest? Why aren't you proposing an incest marriage law?.

You make a very good point about incest. Why should it be against the law if it is not harming anyone else? inappropriate behavior with animals is animal cruelty and so never could be condoned or legalized.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
California
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, incest, polygamy and dad's wife issues are next on Satan's liberal agenda. Best to speak out now, before God takes away all our blessings as a country. Not to persecute, not to throw stones, rather to set convention as not making us sanction sin through special laws protecting sin. I don't want my name on any such law and I assume no Christian does either.

Upvote 0
P

prodigal brother

You make a very good point about incest. Why should it be against the law if it is not harming anyone else? inappropriate behavior with animals is animal cruelty and so never could be condoned or legalized.

how do you know the animal don't like it, sick as it is, you can't prove the horses in mexican bars that perform such dispicable acts for patrons are being mistreated, what if one of these women claim they want to be married to their sex partner the horse

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.