Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Posted by Nathan Poe:

"Assuming I don't want to kill my son, turn against my brothers and sisters, or pimp out my wife, what does the Bible have to do with families?"

I am always amused by how you speak so forcefully about a subject you know next to nothing about.

I'm occasionally amused by your inability to correct people you seem to think are mistaken.

Reactions: Gawron
Upvote 0

Goodtry

The Ancient
Apr 22, 2010
✟15,708.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Posted by Goodtry:

"Never said she did"

It was a clear implication. Your disdain (and I am being kind here) for Palin is evident, therefore it is perfectly reasonable to conclude you would be perfectly willing to allow such a comment to be attributed to her even knowing she didn't make it. Kind of like the continued "I can see Russia from my house" thing.

If you say so. I also never said she was the one who said she can see russia from her house. You have me confused with that gal from SNL. palin has said plenty of confusing things on her own.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Your attempt at sarcasm only proves that, unlike the heathen, Ann Coulter knows you should not have children out of wedlock.

She made her choice and she has the discipline to live by its confines. If more girls were like her, maybe we'd see less of this:

PP_250x250.jpg

Ann Coulter is going to put a stop to Lifetime movies?

Reactions: lux et lex
Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

If you say so. I also never said she was the one who said she can see russia from her house. You have me confused with that gal from SNL. palin has said plenty of confusing things on her own.

Obama has said some confusing things as well. Apparently 7 states were added to the union without anyone's knowledge.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Your attempt at sarcasm only proves that, unlike the heathen, Ann Coulter knows you should not have children out of wedlock.

She made her choice and she has the discipline to live by its confines. If more girls were like her, maybe we'd see less of this:

PP_250x250.jpg

If more girls were like Ann Coulter, more guys would become gay. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Really? Is this what passes for insightful thought on the right? The Liberal Wants To Destroy the Family? How does this even pass your sniff test? Or do you just blindly accept whatever conservative thought that is inserted into your brain?

Do you know any liberals? If so, do they have families? Have you talked with them? Do you think they want their families destroyed? Of course not.

Even if you think some liberal policies have had a detrimental effect on some families, do you just jump to the conclusion that was the intention? I would think if anything, liberals desire to HELP people. They want aid for the poor, healthcare for the sick, and housing for the homeless. They don't WANT families destroyed. That's just nuts. And it scares me that you don't see that as nuts!

I'd really like to see some respond to this post.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens

Me too. I'm not holding my breath, but I really would love to know why Ann Coulter (and presumably Rocky1960, and anyone else) would think that, as a liberal, I would have any interest in destroying or attacking the family.

Any explanation?

David.

Upvote 0

CryptoLutheran

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unsurprisingly, it was a lot of this stuff that drove me away from conservatism. The two largest influences in me being called a liberal (not a term I generally apply to myself) are Jesus Christ and George W. Bush. Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck have also been very helpful.

So, to everyone making wild claims on behalf of American conservatism, thank you. I think there was a time when conservatives and liberals could shout at one another with a bit more class, but perhaps I'm just idolizing my childhood.

In all seriousness... exactly how does saying "Liberals want to destroy the family" constitute a rational, critical thought? In what universe does that pass for legitimate critical thinking?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Me too. I'm not holding my breath, but I really would love to know why Ann Coulter (and presumably Rocky1960, and anyone else) would think that, as a liberal, I would have any interest in destroying or attacking the family.

Any explanation?
Generic terms are easier to stereotype and malign than individual people with their personal backgrounds, situations and outlooks.

Because broad group generalisation break down when you actually look at the people that comprise said group, reality is skated over and the term "liberals" becomes a concrete entity divorced from the people who actually make it up. Once you've done this and suspended disbelief, you can accuse them of all sorts of whacky things, because the views of an actual liberal or liberals affects what "liberals" believe or think not one iota. "Liberals" like abortion. "Liberals" worship the state. "Liberals" want sharia law.

Because no-one can represent this simulacrum, no-one can defend "liberals" against these claims, and the person thinks they've scored a political bullseye. The utter sophism of their reality does not occur to them.

Reactions: Archaeopteryx
Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have an ultra liberal family which lives next to me, and it is the husband and wife's first marriage, and they are still married! They have two children, two dogs and a cat!

Take that single motherless Ann Coulter! Who has made a family and who hasn't?

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Don't count on it. When someone comes out and says stuff like "Liberals hate families!!" you know they're not interested in having any inkling of a reasonable discussion.

Upvote 0

Notamonkey

Dec 17, 2007
Mount Morris, MI
✟9,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It's called buying votes. Keep people dependent on the nanny state. Give the people what first must be taken from someone else, borrow from the future children to pay for today's vote. Tha isn't care, it's control.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
It's called buying votes. Keep people dependent on the nanny state. Give the people what first must be taken from someone else, borrow from the future children to pay for today's vote. Tha isn't care, it's control.

So, no response, then?

Upvote 0