Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You people are pitiful. Poor Timmy just wanted to say hi.

When Jesus's disciples were arguing who was the greatest among them, Jesus pointed, and said he who humbles himself as a child will enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Hi
I have some JW friends, but tell me how does it work when you reject God and yet claim to be saved? If you don't know the truth about Jesus, how can you know Him?

Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

When Jesus's disciples were arguing who was the greatest among them, Jesus pointed, and said he who humbles himself as a child will enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Sorry.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Sorry but what does that verse have to do with the situation? As a Baptist, as a Protestant, there is no communion with JW when it comes to fellowshipping under the doctrines we hold. If an JW wants a bible study, I'm not attending. Your God is not mine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but what does that verse have to do with the situation? As a Baptist, as a Protestant, there is no communion with SDA when it comes to fellowshipping under the doctrines we hold. If an SDA wants a bible study, I'm not attending. Your God is not mine.
Sorry, but what did the post have to do with Seventh Day Adventism?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The JW come to our door every couple weeks, they use us to train new people to go door to door because we are so nice to them. Some would say this is encouraging them, which we are not to do, but its not I tell them what is wrong and where are differences lie. I am ministering to them by leading, because i and my wife are so nice to them they will listen to us. I have no problem listening to what they say it will not move my faith. I and my wife even did Bible study with them for 6 months to learn about what they believe. I suspect people did not want to encourage timmy, which as the Bible says not to do. I think we must also remember to love our neighbors. We can be nice to people, and should be even more so to the lost. People have to do what they feel is right by God according to their faith.

JW are very nice people, i find it easy to be nice back, it is much harder to be nice to those who are cursing you and God. i don't think calling people pitiful is responding in a loving way. People in the thread meant well. It is clear you attempted to shame them with your own words. It is not you who convicts a person but it is The Holy Spirit which convicts a person usually through God's word. If you would like to discuss God's word i am sure you will find a fruitful discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Galatians: 1. 6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

You will suffer eternaly if you deny Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God and is God and was God made flesh for our sin.
He's not a Prophet like Mohammed ,He's not Micheal the Ark Angel, He is was and always will be God

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well, now faith, this saying of mine that you quoted above was meant in reference to prayer directed to God, in the same manner as the publican in the Lord's parable of the Publican and the Pharisee. I haven't implied anything regarding praying to the Theotokos.

Do you regarding the Theotokos follow Mariology?

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do you regarding the Theotokos follow Mariology?
I'm not a Nestorian, rather, I'm in the Church, so yes. Though I suppose not quite in the same way that the Romans do. In the Church, however, we do not follow Mariology, as you say, Mr. now faith. Rather, we follow the Lord Jesus Christ, as did His mother and as do all the saints, beginning with her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
You will suffer eternaly if you deny Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God and is God and was God made flesh for our sin.
He's not a Prophet like Mohammed ,He's not Micheal the Ark Angel, He is was and always will be God

If one denies Christ based on a false picture of him painted by others, often people one trust from early childhood do you still consider that somebody hellbound?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2015
✟15,147.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
Excuse me?

It is unfair to judge Jehovah's witnesses based of what I post, considering that I am not really one of them.

I hardly think that calling those men pitiful, who had castigated Timmy for no apparent reason, was harsh in nature. I merely stated that their behaviour was pitiful rather than them as individuals.

I did not state that they were pitiful to berate them but rather to call them out on unrighteous conduct, as demonstrated by the quote, 'humble yourself as a child'.

In my eyes the only people who truly follow the bible are the Jehovah's witnesses, and if it were not for them, I think that I'd loathe religion.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If the only thing in your eyes is Jehovah's witnesses being the only ones following the Bible, then it will be good for you to look a lot harder at things, at people and their charitable lives, and at Christ's teachings, because then you will eventually realize what is really going on in the jw watchtower, and that there is something very fishy, and not in the spirit of the Gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I think I can Judge when you change the word of God to make Jesus out to be His own God and change how it says Jesus was not created being I.E. he could not be Michael. When you deny Jesus I think i can Judge because Jesus said if you deny the son you deny the Father. So it is God's Judgement. coming on here calling people names is not acting like Jesus. i did not see any one call timmy names and if they did you are no better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I do not know between the doctrines being presented here , which one is a more corrupt one.

To believe Christ was a Prophet, and a Godly good man , with no Devine nature.

Or to think some how Christ our Lord who sits at the right hand of God the Father,some how through the process of Transubstantiation once again sheds his precious blood for sin.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Nestorian, rather, I'm in the Church, so yes. Though I suppose not quite in the same way that the Romans do. In the Church, however, we do not follow Mariology, as you say, Mr. now faith. Rather, we follow the Lord Jesus Christ, as did His mother and as do all the saints, beginning with her.

May I ask if your conviction honors the decree of Pope PiusXIl ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.