Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not according to scripture. Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].
He has been offered an opportunity to learn the truth and if he does not want that then there is no fellowship.
A little judgmental are we. Isn't there a scripture some where about judging others? Is that what Jesus taught, if you don't listen and believe everything I say then get out of my face?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 5:11 says have no fellowship with "works" which is a bit different from people.

Jesus spoke to and ministered to many people who were out of the realm of what was considered the "faithful" people of God.

There is a difference between asking someone if they would like to learn, and running down a list of all their beliefs before saying something like this:

Can we help this person? Can we maybe guide him into the WHOLE truth? But how do we do that if we tell him that we refuse to talk to him unless he accepts everything WE believe?

The Pharisees mocked Jesus Christ for eating with sinners. When Jesus heard that, He said, "They that are whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. Go and learn what that means. I WILL HAVE MERCY AND NOT SACRIFICE. I AM COME NOT TO CALL THE "RIGHTEOUS" BUT SINNERS TO REPENTANCE."
Why do we feel compelled to help him? Many jahovah's witness I have met know more about scripture than most others.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That would be impossible. We have the command. I realize some like yourself reject the word for your own way, but I accept what the Lord says;Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].
He has been offered an opportunity to learn the truth and if he does not want that then there is no fellowship.
Then you are free to leave the thread. Goodbye.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And please tell me where does the Bible say to fellowship with Heretics? Oh wait it doesnt... JWs doctrine is heresy, they deny the divinity of Christ. Because fellowship is a word used for Christians coming together.
How do you expect to bring people to Christ if Christians are chasing people away.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If I am understanding what you are saying correctly?
You are saying that Christ Devine nature was responsible in part due to the motherhood of Mary?

Not quite. Christ is God the Word. He became human in addition to being Divine. He became human by having a human mother, the Virgin Mary. Therefore, Mary is the mother of God the Word. She conceived and carried God the Word in her womb, gave birth to Him, and provided primary care to Him as a human infant and child, which is necessary for every human baby because the proper development of our brains depends on having adequate care as babies. The mother of God the Word is therefore of great importance in the life of Christ and in the life of the Church. Have you seen what the Bible says about her?

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We know Christ died ,went to Hell,preached to those in Noah's day,raised from the dead, and took his place ato the right hand of the Father.
He became flesh one time for our iniquity,and was raised in victory over death Hell and the grave.

Are you saying Christ asends to earth in his Devine form of Spirit, and becomes flesh again in order to complete a work that has already been done?

Would it seem plausible when Christ told the Apostles : Do this in remembrance of me, would remain in the literary context of the word remembrance?

Here is Websters definition of remembrance :
noun
a retained mental impression; memory.
the act or fact of remembering.
the power or faculty of remembering.
the length of time over which recollection or memoryextends.
the state of being remembered; commemoration:
to hold someone's name in remembrance.
something that serves to bring to mind or keep in mindsome place, person, event, etc.; memento.
a gift given as a token of love or friendship:
I sent her a small remembrance on Mother's Day.

So rather than Christ manifestation himself could his intention be for us to to commemorate him by performing this Holy sacrament.

If we perform this sacrament then it would not be within our ability to return Christ to man and extract his blood.
I'm saying that Christ is here with us, in the Church, as He promised. He is in our midst, living within us because we receive him when we eat His flesh and drink his precious and Life giving blood. Have you seen that the Bible clearly states this, and that many couldn't bring themselves to an understanding or acceptance of Christ's words about it, so they stopped following Him? Will we also reject this teaching of His, or will we believe what He says when he tells us that "this is my body... This is my blood"? Does the Apostle Paul also not attest to the presence of Christ in the Eucharist? 1 Corinthians 10:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe Mary was the most special woman on earth at her time of grace from God.
To be chosen to birth the savior of the world is a honor beyond compare.

But to give a parallel example:
Moses was chosen to deliver the children of Isreal from bondage and was in the presence of God.
When he died God buried him in a hidden place,so the Children of Isreal would not make his grave a idol or a place of special meaning that would exult Moses to more than a man.
Micheal when contending with Satan over Moses body said the Lord rebuke you.

Micheal did this to keep Satan from making Moses a diety equal to God.
Why?
Because there could only be one sinless man and that was God with us ,Emanuel
Since Adam and Eve this world never has had a sinless person,not Moses or Mary.
Christ and him alone was sinless,body blood and mind.
The Church does not consider the Theotokos to be a deity or equal to God. There is only one God. But the goodness of God does live in the world through his people when His grace abounds in them. Honoring them gives honor to God Who is the source of their goodness. If we cannot love those we can see, how shall we love God Whom we can't see? (Jesus asks us this very question in the Bible)

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe Mary was the most special woman on earth at her time of grace from God.
To be chosen to birth the savior of the world is a honor beyond compare.

But to give a parallel example:
Moses was chosen to deliver the children of Isreal from bondage and was in the presence of God.
When he died God buried him in a hidden place,so the Children of Isreal would not make his grave a idol or a place of special meaning that would exult Moses to more than a man.
Micheal when contending with Satan over Moses body said the Lord rebuke you.

Micheal did this to keep Satan from making Moses a diety equal to God.
Why?
Because there could only be one sinless man and that was God with us ,Emanuel
Since Adam and Eve this world never has had a sinless person,not Moses or Mary.
Christ and him alone was sinless,body blood and mind.
It does appear you are right the bloodline from Luke and Mat traces it to Joseph, I don't know why I thought it was Mary. Think I must look more into this, Lets see Elizabeth was John's mother, John's father was a priest in the temple, an Angel took his speech because he was being difficult with the Angel and when he spoke again was at John's birth and he named his son John as the Angel said. Oh but that is John's father Mary was the cousin of Elizabeth. So John was from the tribe of Aron, the high priest?

You are right about Mary, she said her self she is God's servant. But very special.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not quite. Christ is God the Word. He became human in addition to being Divine. He became human by having a human mother, the Virgin Mary. Therefore, Mary is the mother of God the Word. She conceived and carried God the Word in her womb, gave birth to Him, and provided primary care to Him as a human infant and child, which is necessary for every human baby because the proper development of our brains depends on having adequate care as babies. The mother of God the Word is therefore of great importance in the life of Christ and in the life of the Church. Have you seen what the Bible says about her?

Guess you did not read Mary and Jesus's brothers came to see him, but there was a crowd and they said to Jesus, Jesus your mother and your brothers are here to see you, and Jesus said who is my mother or my brother, those who do God's will are my Mother my Sister my Brother.

If my wife does God's will she too can be called the mother of God. Mary while I love her, is a sinner like the rest of us. Jesus died for her as well. God has no favorites. God does not favor this person over another.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why do you guys hate this OP so much as to attack him/her even more bitterly than many of those who are Athiest and completely reject God? It's simply breathtaking how much anger I've seen written here.

I would think there would have been an opportunity to change a few minds, but not in this fashion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I would think there would have been an opportunity to change a few minds, but not in this fashion.

I think you may overestimate the influence online forums like the one we're on now have in people's religious life to be honest.
I cannot in my wildest imagination believe that any people deside to leave or join a sect like JW based on a handful of answers provided over the internet.
So this whole "if we where nicer he would've left his heresy" kinda attitude is pretty far from reality IMO.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think you may overestimate the influence online forums like the one we're on now have in people's religious life to be honest.
I cannot in my wildest imagination believe that any people deside to leave or join a sect like JW based on a handful of answers provided over the internet.
So this whole "if we where nicer he would've left his heresy" kinda attitude is pretty far from reality IMO.

I can imagine that those who make the effort to come to places such as these web sites, come to them not out of not having nothing else better to do? I think there is a thirst for something that they are lacking in the world they had known and we aught to find out what that thirst is before we punch them in the mouth for what we assume they are here after.

I was a JW and was brought into that by my mother before I knew anything else. She was that before I and my brother were even thought of. Both he and I were baptized into it, because we were too young to understand anything other than we wanted to please the adults around us and they wanted us baptizes, so we had our heads dipped below a pool of water and that was all the significance I put into it, because I was 7 - 8. I recognized no spiritual purpose in this activity, what so ever.

Upon reaching a level of maturity that allowed me to see the unworkable of their faith, my brother and I removed ourselves from it and from our mother as well. We can neither eat in the same house at the same time with her or sleep under the same roof as we have been disfellowshipped for the last 40 some odd years.

I don't think just because a person is apart of something that they activly choose to be there instead of being born, raised in there and have no understanding of anything beyond that. I only know that the only reason I can think of that someone would go beyond the comforts they have known is because they thirst for something different.

I, myself lost faith in God for nearly 15 years, but found the secular world just as inadequate as I did the JW. I began with reading the Bible personally, as I was not willing to have it read and deciphered for my, because of the experiences I had with the JW. I learned more in the year I read then I ever learned in the years I spent indoctrinated in the JW.

I now have been apart from the JW for 4+ decades an haven't a clue what they believe in and have no desire to do so. I lost my mom to them and have a special erge to bring as many out of there as posible.

When I see people such as they reach out beyond their curtain of ideology I think of the Parable of the Prodigal son on his partand remember the words of Christ when asked why he eat with the Sinners and Publicans.
Matthew 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick, on ours

In my view there was an opportunity here that is now lost and it aches my soul to the very core that it is so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Guess you did not read Mary and Jesus's brothers came to see him, but there was a crowd and they said to Jesus, Jesus your mother and your brothers are here to see you, and Jesus said who is my mother or my brother, those who do God's will are my Mother my Sister my Brother.

If my wife does God's will she too can be called the mother of God. Mary while I love her, is a sinner like the rest of us. Jesus died for her as well. God has no favorites. God does not favor this person over another.
Actually, we read that Bible story aloud in the Church on special occasions honoring the Theotokos, because it does not mean what you are suggesting that it means, but rather, it means the exact opposite of that. For Mary always did the will of Christ's Father in heaven (Luke 1:38), thus epitomizing what it means to be a member of Christ's family, so she was not really a sinner just like the rest of us, even though she is among the rest of us as one saved by Christ. This what I say is in the Bible for certain. For "He has regarded the low estate of His handmade. Henceforth all generations shall call me blessed" (Luke 1:48).

But the Theotokos has no need for a one such as myself to defend her position in the life of the Church. Christ Himself has continued to honor her throughout the age of the Church by answering her intercessions in our behalf. Even mine personally, just the way He honored her when He turned water into wine at the wedding in Cana, upon the request of her whom some say He dies not honor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That may be so, but: "And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God." (Luke 1:30).
He found favor in Moses and Aaron as well as David. Dose finding favor in someone make them special beyond the situations that they are found in?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can imagine that those who make the effort to come to places such as these web sites, come to them not out of not having nothing else better to do? I think there is a thirst for something that they are lacking in the world they had known and we aught to find out what that thirst is before we punch them in the mouth for what we assume they are here after.

I was a JW and was brought into that by my mother before I knew anything else. She was that before I and my brother were even thought of. Both he and I were baptized into it, because we were too young to understand anything other than we wanted to please the adults around us and they wanted us baptizes, so we had our heads dipped below a pool of water and that was all the significance I put into it, because I was 7 - 8. I recognized no spiritual purpose in this activity, what so ever.

Upon reaching a level of maturity that allowed me to see the unworkable of their faith, my brother and I removed ourselves from it and from our mother as well. We can neither eat in the same house at the same time with her or sleep under the same roof as we have been disfellowshipped for the last 40 some odd years.

I don't think just because a person is apart of something that they activly choose to be there instead of being born, raised in there and have no understanding of anything beyond that. I only know that the only reason I can think of that someone would go beyond the comforts they have known is because they thirst for something different.

I, myself lost faith in God for nearly 15 years, but found the secular world just as inadequate as I did the JW. I began with reading the Bible personally, as I was not willing to have it read and deciphered for my, because of the experiences I had with the JW. I learned more in the year I read then I ever learned in the years I spent indoctrinated in the JW.

I now have been apart from the JW for 4+ decades an haven't a clue what they believe in and have no desire to do so. I lost my mom to them and have a special erge to bring as many out of there as posible.

When I see people such as they reach out beyond their curtain of ideology I think of the Parable of the Prodigal son on his partand remember the words of Christ when asked why he eat with the Sinners and Publicans.
Matthew 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick, on ours

In my view there was an opportunity here that is now lost and it aches my soul to the very core that it is so.

Sorry for your losses. As I stated much earlier in this thread I had also lost someone special to them, though not someone as special as a mother. Still, I understand your point here.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He found favor in Moses and Aaron as well as David. Dose finding favor in someone make them special beyond the situations that they are found in?
Are not Moses and Aaron and David special because of their unique roles in the history of God's revelation? Would not Mary be considered special because of her unique role in our salvation as the one who bore and cared for the Word of God incarnate? Are you not special in God's eyes? God may be "no respecter of persons", but He loves all persons who He creates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God's servants are "honored", not in the way that the world understands honor, but in the way that God sees honor. Christ honors those who confess Him (Luke 12:8), and Christ has the mind of God (Matthew 11:27), and we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are not Moses and Aaron and David special because of their unique roles in the history of God's revelation? Would not Mary be considered special because of her unique role in our salvation as the one who bore and cared for the Word of God incarnate? Are you not special in God's eyes? God may be "no respecter of persons", but He loves all persons who He creates.
The reason I asked that is because each of these had a fall from grace and I wanted your input on what that fall might have meant for them being a special case. Aaron died in the wilderness and Moses never walked into the promised land. David made adultery and allowed an innocent man to die to hide his deeds.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry for your losses. As I stated much earlier in this thread I had also lost someone special to them, though not someone as special as a mother. Still, I understand your point here.
I bleed for you and your loss. We live in a dark world that grows even darker by the day. I will be glad when all of this is ended.

Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.