Help me idk what to do anymore...

Lostsheep113

Jul 8, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello my name is Jorge i am 17 years old. For the last couple of years i have been drifting away from god, only now im trying to get back to god. Things were going smooth but the last couple of months i have been feeling so much hate. I have been feeling hate towards my mother for an unknown reason, shes a great mother she sacrifices so much for me but im rude and disrespectful. I don't want to be like that, I have been praying for help and help but to no avail. Ill be a good christian boy one day but the other days ill just revert back to my old self. The last couple of days were the worst tho. Yesterday when my mom told me to wake up early i got really angry. I was so angry that i punched a hole in the wall. I didn't realize until i saw the hole then i was like oh snap!!. But last knight was worse, my mom said i slept walk into her room and started punching her arm aggressively. I did used to sleep walk alot screaming and fighting in my sleep but this is just horrible what i did. I don't want to hurt anyone, and i cant control myself when i sleep. If someone can give me some advice, what prayers to say something to help me, i feel like a lost sheep that tries to find his Sheppard but then gets distracted but the grass of the world.

Chewy55

Jul 2, 2011
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would recommend seeking out some sort of professional counseling because if you're trying to hurt people in your sleep or smashing holes in walls, then this is serious business. Just as God uses police to maintain civil order, He also uses psychologists and other therapists to maintain mental order. I don't know where you live or what's available to you, but if you can, seek some counseling. If you could find a Christian counselor or therapist that would be even better, but find whoever you can that's qualified. There's no shame in that. I've saw plenty of them in my twenties when I was a drug addict. Anger, drugs, what does it matter? Sometimes we just really need some help. I'm sure everyone who responds to you here will pray for you, but you should take action if you can. I'll pray for you. God bless you

Upvote 0

LWB

Jan 28, 2011
Brisbane
✟16,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I assume there is no strong and respected father figure in your life Lostsheep, at the time of life when you need one the most.

I lacked a father figure I could turn to for help when I was becoming a man, and I found myself craving for any wisdom literature I could find, such as the book of Proverbs in the Bible. Like Solomon I prayed to God for wisdom.

God eventually led me to all the wisdom literature I could ever hope for in the form of ancient Greek and Roman philosophy. I think if you read books like the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, you would learn a great deal about becoming the sort of person you want to be.

Maybe you could also remind yourself regularly how wonderful your mother is. Look at some old photographs and remember what it was like when you were a small child.

Even though you suffer from aggression, I bet you are still the apple of her eye. She is your number one fan on this Earth, and truly deserves better. Remind yourself to be kind constantly, and apologise to her for your bad behaviour. Let her know you are working on becoming a better son.

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello my name is Jorge i am 17 years old. For the last couple of years i have been drifting away from god, only now im trying to get back to god. Things were going smooth but the last couple of months i have been feeling so much hate. I have been feeling hate towards my mother for an unknown reason, shes a great mother she sacrifices so much for me but im rude and disrespectful. I don't want to be like that, I have been praying for help and help but to no avail. Ill be a good christian boy one day but the other days ill just revert back to my old self. The last couple of days were the worst tho. Yesterday when my mom told me to wake up early i got really angry. I was so angry that i punched a hole in the wall. I didn't realize until i saw the hole then i was like oh snap!!. But last knight was worse, my mom said i slept walk into her room and started punching her arm aggressively. I did used to sleep walk alot screaming and fighting in my sleep but this is just horrible what i did. I don't want to hurt anyone, and i cant control myself when i sleep. If someone can give me some advice, what prayers to say something to help me, i feel like a lost sheep that tries to find his Sheppard but then gets distracted but the grass of the world.

Remember your young and your mind is adjusting to a crazy world.
Where do you keep your Bible?

Think of it like this...

Your depression, anger, fits of rage are like monsters you need to kill and the only way to do defend your self is with the only weapon that works, and that is the Word its found easily in the Gospels, and Paul's letters.

Getting your relationship back starts by daily reading the New Testament.

Peace and Grace through Jesus Christ be to you.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has something happened about two months ago where you had a real problem with your mom? Perhaps it wasn't direct but something that you really didn't like? I understand Yahweh uses the medical profession and those in psychological services but I would asks for His guidance as to which one to talk with.

I wish someone had given me the following advice when I was young or I had realized it myself. I would suggest that you spend more time with Yahweh. You know, play music that's just about Him, pour your heart out to Him, asks Him for the revelation you need.

I hope you've ask your mom to forgive you and get an alarm clock for yourself. You know, we need to lean on Yahweh and His Word. While Jesus was on earth and He was tempted, He responded with Scripture (Matt 4:1-11). So I would find some Scriptures and memorize them that apply to this situation such as Ephesians 6:"Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;" Or praise Him. Also, our feelings are based on our thoughts. You know the verse about take every thought captive? I've found when a thought comes that needs to be captured, do that and immediately say Scripture. That's renewing our minds which is Scriptural also (II Cor 10:5). It might not be easy but it's worth the effort. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13). blessings to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ill be a good christian boy one day but the other days ill just revert back to my old self.

Romans 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Paul had the same problem. He describes it as the battle within us between the spirit and the flesh.

Galatians 5:16-23 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The process of walking in the Spirit is truth, humility, surrender of self, and constant dependence on God.

You have made a good start seeing what you do in truth. Truth brings humility. When we see that as Paul says, "In us dwells no good thing", we come to humility that is the door through which the grace of God flows (James 4).

Anger, like frustration, disappointment, and surprise is often a result of a conflict between what happens and what we expect. This could be expected. We have been raised in a world controlled by Satan to elevate the selfishness of the flesh. The flesh wants what it wants when it wants it and is angry when it doesn't get it.

The Spirit is humble and grateful. It is by the Spirit that we know that we have nothing that we did not receive. Anger comes from the passion of the flesh denied. Thankfulness comes from the passion of the Spirit guiding us in truth to recognize what little we deserve and how much we have been given. Satan wants us selfish and angry. The Spirit wants us humble and grateful.

Most of us awake to find ourselves entangled with the world like Br'er fox and the tar baby in the uncle Remus story. The way to freedom is not through our own effort. It is our Savior who works in us.

John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

You need to immerse yourself in Jesus and His word. When you abide in truth, the world and the schemes of Satan can find no hold on you. Truth cannot be selective, like just continually talking about how evil the people are who are outside your church. Truth is most effective when we apply it to ourselves.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello my name is Jorge i am 17 years old. For the last couple of years i have been drifting away from god, only now im trying to get back to god. Things were going smooth but the last couple of months i have been feeling so much hate.

As you approach the Light, the things of darkness become manifest. They were always there, but now they can't hide any longer. Is there something that you blame your mother for? I would suggest praying on it and allowing the Holy Spirit to bring it to light. But it may not be easy to deal with. Emotions can be difficult, especially when we first begin to grapple with them. Do you have someone mature in your life, most preferably a Christian, that you can talk to? Godly outside perspective can be worth its weight in gold at a time like this.

You need to solemnly purpose to get a hold on the emotions, because what you've described, even during your waking hours, has you out of control, and that's a very dangerous place to be. Do an online topic search on anger and the Bible, and meditate on the verses you find. I'm sure there are good Christian books about it as well. Also search out forgiveness.

Upvote 0