Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
"About 465 million years ago, an armored critter resembling a sea roach died near what is now Prague. The final meal of this animal—a trilobite—still sat in its guts as sediment buried its body in the sea floor of an ancient Paleozoic sea. There, it remained entombed for ages. Now, scientific sleuths have deduced the contents of this meal, providing the first direct evidence of the diet and lifestyle of this primal and iconic group of arthropods."

https://www.science.org/content/article/scientists-reveal-half-billion-year-old-last-supper

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
(staff edit of quote)
I thought this was a neat bit of science. It's not often we're privy to the preferred dining habits of Trilobites.

Forget about Pluto AV. Trilobites have been ignored for way too long. Take up their cause mon ami and -

Fight! fight! fight!
For the Trilobite!
OB

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's using the word "deception" rather than "fraud", at least in his replies to me.
Fraud and deception happen to be synonyms and the poster makes it perfectly clearly there is no distinction between the two given "...science offers only lies."
It looks as if the poster will behave in exactly the same way as in the other thread and go MIA and not display the courage of his convictions by showing my still image of Jupiter from a video file is a fake.

fraud.png

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The physical world is ageless? What do you mean with an ageless earth?

The point that earth and water or angels, etc were created can not be determined by man. If you were to see an angel, you could not determine the angels age, by visually looking or by any form of testing. Same stands with the earth and water.

The sun, moon and stars age may be figured out by genealogical research studying in The Bible.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The point that earth and water or angels, etc were created can not be determined by man. If you were to see an angel, you could not determine the angels age, by visually looking or by any form of testing. Same stands with the earth and water.

The sun, moon and stars age may be figured out by genealogical research studying in The Bible.
The age of the Earth can be determined. The age of the Ice Age floods that ran thru the North West can be determined. The Age of the Hot Spot that ran from Oregon to it's present location in Yellowstone can be determined. The age of the Columbia River Basalt Groups can be determined. Is all of that deception? If this is God's Creation...Is God the great decepter?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is way too much science for all of it to be that far off, especially with area's like geology.

How many tries did it take to get it as wrong as it is now, yet consilient?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
How many tries did it take to get it as wrong as it is now, yet consilient?
So every single bit of the science, and there is a LOT of it, that ages the geology of the Earth as way older than 6000 years, all of that is wrong? That's ridiculous!

Because I live in the Northwest, and because I've studied it a bit, there are the over 300 different basalt flows of the Columbia River Basalt that has been aged. And we are suppose to believe that it all flowed in a very short time? The same with the Ice Age floods. My house would have been 250 under water 12,000 years ago. And than there's the Cascade mountain range, and the mountain range in central Oregon that's mostly eroded away, leaving volcano roots. And the Yellowstone Hot Spot that burned it's way to it's present location that first appeared in Oregon. That's just a very small sample. It's crazy thinking that all of that science is wrong. My brain just isn't able to grasp the denial when it's all right there in front of us.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I dont believe in a flat earth. I also tend to believe that the earth is much younger than what people think. Bible and science, for me, can live in harmony.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
(staff edit of a quote)
Your right, I do understand where your coming from.
I have no problem with increasing knowledge, even through science. I celebrate it. We Human Beings are created to lean and increase knowledge. Learning new things about this Earth and the Cosmos is how we as Human Beings learn about this Creation...as God Created it. To close that window is to close insight into God's Creating process. And that's crazy stuff to me. There's no way I can shut out God in that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm still wondering where the deception is. Just saying so doesn't make it so, which is why I ask.
This is how binary thinking works.
There are only two options available and if you can't find physical evidence to support creationism the next step is to engage in anti-intellectualism by vilifying the other side.
I started a thread on anti-intellectualism when the astrophysicist Brian Koberlein sent me a message the environment is not particularly safe to discuss science when there are religious fundamentalists present.

Brian Koberlein
Yeah, anti-intellectualism is high here in the states as well. Climate change, vaccines, evolution, etc. I’ve even gotten threatening emails just for saying the Earth is round. There’s a long way we need to go to change things.

By vilifying the science leads leads to the logical fallacy the Bible is correct because science is wrong, unprincipled, evil, crooked or whatever pejorative term is used.
Even if the descriptive terms were correct it doesn't provide proof for the Bible as creationism in other religions such as Hinduism can employ the fallacy and be "just as true" as the Bible.

Since this is a science thread it's up to the creationists here instead of derailing the thread to provide evidence trilobites cannot be more than 6000 years old.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
23rd October is just so so unbelievable!!! Totally incorrect!!

Everyone knows it was the 24th!!

Think of all the fire hydrants that can come from all that water!

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0