God Has Sent them a Strong Delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You mean people who sit in restaurants read their daily horoscope with roll up the sleaves of their poly cotton blend shirts to show off their tattoos while eating shrimp cocktail's and reading their daily horoscopes and paying their tab with their lottery winnings?

I meant what I wrote:

"Just as God does. He calls their behavior an "abomination," in fact."

In both the Old and New Testaments certain behaviors are condemned, marking the scriptural prohibitions against such behavior as universal, extending beyond the now-defunct laws of separation and ceremony given specifically to the Israelites of the Old Testament. (See: Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Jude 1)

IF you were to say the same things about any other minority that you are saying about LGBT individuals it would be called hate. Your words. Not God's. Yours. Bigotry and hate don't change int something righteous and good just because you are directing those words at a different minority.

Simply repeating yourself doesn't constitute an argument for your views. I've already addressed your point here, to which you appear to have no effective rebuttal.

God hates sin. All of it. Every kind - even the kind around which "minorities" are built. And all those who persist in sin and die in such a state will encounter God, not as a Heavenly Father but as wrathful, holy Judge. Being a member of a minority formed around a particular sort of sin will be no protection at all against the holy wrath of God. And this is, in part, why I detest your virtue-signaling remarks. They pander to sin; they encourage wickedness; they help the lost onward into eternal hell.

what does that even mean?

Come on, now, you know the difference between a rule and an exception to it. How does one recognize an exception if there is no rule to which it is an exception?

"If the light that is in you be dark, how great is that darkness!"

"what God in His word has repeatedly called an abomination: homosexuality"

I'm getting the feeling that reading comprehension isn't your thing... Again, I wrote of many things in my OP. YOU are the one who is doing as you've done here and drawn out a single feature of my remarks. But, as I've already pointed out, this is in the nature of being an ideological "axe-grinder."

Please share the perfectly reasonable grounds for prejudice these gentlemen have.

Here, too, you appear so used to operating within ideological slogans, labels and superficial thinking that my explanation to you concerning prejudices has gone, apparently, right over your head. Nothing I've observed about prejudice requires that I explain the racism of the KKK. But you would realize this if you'd understood what I wrote.

Do these specious visual/rhetorical maneuvers usually work with others upon whom you use them?

"It's perfectly okay for homosexuals in drag to read books about sexual perversion to children in public libraries."
you said it is twisting children to expose children to homosexuals and people who do are evil.
"the sexually-deviant grotesqueries"
and so on and so on.
Man up and own what you wrote

See? Just more word-twisting, more rhetorical deflection. Here's what I wrote - again:

"??? Who has condemned anyone on the basis of being in a minority? I haven't. Sin is the object of condemnation, not numbers."

I am not afraid to call sin what it is. Especially in light of how destructive sin is, if I claim to love God and the lost, I am obliged to speak out against sin. I certainly won't be cowed into silence by some Woke mobster throwing around labels, who wants Christians to applaud hell-bound sinners in their sin as they rush ever-closer to an eternity of darkness and torment.

Proverbs 24:24-25
24 Whoever says to the wicked, “You are in the right,” will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations,
25 but those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and a good blessing will come upon them.

Ephesians 5:5-11
5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not become partners with them;
8 for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
9 (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true),
10 and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.
11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Upvote 0

Disciple_mike

Jul 9, 2022
northland
✟2,192.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
who are you to say who is and who is not a beliver?
easy im no one but God is GOD .. since you like to present what people say out of context i will reply by putting it back into context . you mention, the opinions of racists . true racism is rooted in hatred . scripture says no one who hates their brother is of God .. not of god thus not Christian. just agreeing with scripture again.

Upvote 0

Disciple_mike

Jul 9, 2022
northland
✟2,192.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I meant what I wrote:

"Just as God does. He calls their behavior an "abomination," in fact."

In both the Old and New Testaments certain behaviors are condemned, marking the scriptural prohibitions against such behavior as universal, extending beyond the now-defunct laws of separation and ceremony given specifically to the Israelites of the Old Testament. (See: Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Jude 1)

Simply repeating yourself doesn't constitute an argument for your views. I've already addressed your point here, to which you appear to have no effective rebuttal.

God hates sin. All of it. Every kind - even the kind around which "minorities" are built. And all those who persist in sin and die in such a state will encounter God, not as a Heavenly Father but as wrathful, holy Judge. Being a member of a minority formed around a particular sort of sin will be no protection at all against the holy wrath of God. And this is, in part, why I detest your virtue-signaling remarks. They pander to sin; they encourage wickedness; they help the lost onward into eternal hell.

Come on, now, you know the difference between a rule and an exception to it. How does one recognize an exception if there is no rule to which it is an exception?

"If the light that is in you be dark, how great is that darkness!"

I'm getting the feeling that reading comprehension isn't your thing... Again, I wrote of many things in my OP. YOU are the one who is doing as you've done here and drawn out a single feature of my remarks. But, as I've already pointed out, this is in the nature of being an ideological "axe-grinder."

Here, too, you appear so used to operating within ideological slogans, labels and superficial thinking that my explanation to you concerning prejudices has gone, apparently, right over your head. Nothing I've observed about prejudice requires that I explain the racism of the KKK. But you would realize this if you'd understood what I wrote.

Do these specious visual/rhetorical maneuvers usually work with others upon whom you use them?

See? Just more word-twisting, more rhetorical deflection. Here's what I wrote - again:

"??? Who has condemned anyone on the basis of being in a minority? I haven't. Sin is the object of condemnation, not numbers."

I am not afraid to call sin what it is. Especially in light of how destructive sin is, if I claim to love God and the lost, I am obliged to speak out against sin. I certainly won't be cowed into silence by some Woke mobster throwing around labels, who wants Christians to applaud hell-bound sinners in their sin as they rush ever-closer to an eternity of darkness and torment.

Proverbs 24:24-25
24 Whoever says to the wicked, “You are in the right,” will be cursed by peoples, abhorred by nations,
25 but those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and a good blessing will come upon them.

Ephesians 5:5-11
5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not become partners with them;
8 for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light
9 (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true),
10 and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.
11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
tbh throughout the thread i observe that the more said ..the more one liners are extracted and used outside of their intended meaning . i think such replies and best left unanswered

• Agree
Reactions: aiki
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For others reading this thread, I want to say that my exchange with Silver Bear is quite tangential to my OP. Our back-and-forth has also been admittedly...acrimonious. I've debated within myself (prayerfully) about the tone I should take with SB and it has been my conviction that the tone of Christ with the Pharisees in Matthew 23 is appropriate. As I've pointed out in our exchange, SB has, on the one hand, been an advocate for sin and, on the other, condemning of those who oppose sin. Coming and going, SB has established himself as an outspoken opponent of God. Worse, he does so claiming to be one of God's own. This, as far as I'm concerned, makes him of a kind with the Pharisees of Christ's time and deserving of the same direct, blunt treatment Christ gave them.

One of the reasons I began to post in the Discipleship Forum was to avoid the very sort of unhelpful, sour dialogue SB has insisted on creating in this thread. My OP wasn't about the Woke ideology he's promoted in the thread but primarily about trusting God. It's...frustrating that SB has diverted from the OP so much and embroiled us all in defending the obvious. I'm going to halt my exchange with SB and I hope the rest of you will, too.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
tbh throughout the thread i observe that the more said ..the more one liners are extracted and used outside of their intended meaning . i think such replies and best left unanswered

I've continued in the dialogue with SB primarily to show fellow believers that truth and reason are all on the side of the Bible-believing Christian, not the Woke warrior, and that believers don't have to shrink back from the sophistry and rhetorical maneuvers they employ. But, you are correct: The time for ending our "discussion" has come. "He who rebukes a scorner gets to himself a blot," right?

Thanks for chiming in, by the way.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
neither can a lot of women
Considering the fact that you cannot even tell me what a woman is, or even tell human from cat, you are not qualified to make such a claim. Which ironically proves the OP true about delusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is this a man or a woman?
7ceb5ccff48b8d1fd5f415ca996ad806.jpg

It is a man.

Which is a human and which is a cat?

Screenshot_20220714-145710_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20220705-130605_DuckDuckGo.jpg

By refusing to answer is to prove the OP point about delusion true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.