HiLo

Nov 9, 2012
✟1,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);61816557 said:
Thanks for the shout - out:) (and to be clear, I have often wondered the same on you/others for the insights you share), although I was under the impression that the info shared was commonplace...as it's not hidden. I'm surprised many more don't talk on the ways the Founding Fathers were often deified multiple times and no one said anything on it for centuries....

As it concerns knowledge, part of what I do for career requires research and I've been involved in a lot of discussions over the years..and thankfully, good memory recall helps in keeping up with things (with someone else noting that it's akin to seeing things from a chronological point of view since things flow together for me when keeping it in sequence/not divorcing events.

Ah, I see. Yes, most of this is available to the public, it's just that I doubt many lives of today are taken down a path of being exposed to such things as the Capital dome. It's fascinating and humbling. Or, maybe having never been to D.C. could be part of it as well although, I doubt I would have caught that ceiling one. Bravo. You should go on Jeopardy. ^_^

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
]I bet they are! Because when I think of modern American Liberals I immediately think of "hypernationalism", militarism, imperialism and anti-communism! Yup, that sounds almost exactly like what Libs in the US today stand for.

When I think of modern day liberals, I think of smilie faced fascists:), and of bureaucrats micromanaging freedom into oblivion, all for our own good of course.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ah, I see. Yes, most of this is available to the public, it's just that I doubt many lives of today are taken down a path of being exposed to such things as the Capital dome.
I'd wager that many don't tend to look for it due to assumptions they've already accepted on the Founding Fathers being fully dedicated believers and soldiers for Christ as has often been said by others in the Religious Right and others who had an idea of Christianity in mind which they supported/felt the FOunders did as well - thus causing confirmation bias and people seeing what they have already been trained to see/zoom in on.

It's fascinating and humbling. Or, maybe having never been to D.C. could be part of it as well although, I doubt I would have caught that ceiling one. Bravo. You should go on Jeopardy. ^_^
Some of those things I honestly was not aware of until I went to D.C for myself...with it being the case that read my Bible that morning on idolatry and what King Josiah did in II Kings 22-23 when loving the Lord and yet having no clue as to the many things surrounding him that were evil...and although I was aware of things like FreeMasonry and other things present, some of the other things I witnessed there really made me feel VERY uncomfortable/perplexed as to how open it was and yet no many caught it.

Upvote 0
T

TeddyReceptus

Eh, I dunno. Maybe it's just a personal bias, but the other pictures don't seem to have the degree of arogance that the Obama picture does. To me, anyway.

The Nixon painting reminds me of that painting of John Brown....

1859johnbrwonmural.jpg

The Nixon painting was, to be fair, painted by an Hungarian who felt Nixon's visit to Hungary in the 1950's was a great thing.

So it's not like Nixon asked it to be painted. But when you see it at the Nixon Library knowing what a small twisted little man Nixon was (despite some of his good points) it is kind of funny.

I'm more fascinated by the hagiography on the right of folks like Ronald Reagan. The Right has mythologized Reagan that it borders on a real cult of personality!

So I find it ironic when the Right gets all huffy about Obama and people who like him. The Right built the template for this sort of thing.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Nixon painting was, to be fair, painted by an Hungarian who felt Nixon's visit to Hungary in the 1950's was a great thing.

So it's not like Nixon asked it to be painted. But when you see it at the Nixon Library knowing what a small twisted little man Nixon was (despite some of his good points) it is kind of funny.

Speaking of Nixon, here's another thought for you:

In the full sweep of human history, who, do you think, was important enough to have an immemorial monument made for them?

Christ? Caesar? Alexander the Great? Mohandas Ghandi?

Oddly enough, all of these people, though important, do not have an immemorial monument. They do have monuments, but of course, the centuries go on, and eventually all monuments crumble.

Save one:

S3600111-Apollo_11_plaque_on_the_moon-SPL.jpg

This plaque, bearing the name of Richard M. Nixon (and three astronauts), is attached to the side of the Apollo 11 lander on the airless surface of the Moon, where it will last virtually for eternity, or at least until the Sun goes nova.

Ironic, isn't it? ;)

Upvote 0

HiLo

Nov 9, 2012
✟1,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);61817725 said:
I'd wager that many don't tend to look for it due to assumptions they've already accepted on the Founding Fathers being fully dedicated believers and soldiers for Christ as has often been said by others in the Religious Right and others who had an idea of Christianity in mind which they supported/felt the FOunders did as well - thus causing confirmation bias and people seeing what they have already been trained to see/zoom in on.

That's a very good point. Sadly it would seem, I am not immune. :blush:

Some of those things I honestly was not aware of until I went to D.C for myself...with it being the case that read my Bible that morning on idolatry and what King Josiah did in II Kings 22-23 when loving the Lord and yet having no clue as to the many things surrounding him that were evil...and although I was aware of things like FreeMasonry and other things present, some of the other things I witnessed there really made me feel VERY uncomfortable/perplexed as to how open it was and yet no many caught it.

Hmm. I guess that settles that. I'm just going to have to make the tourist trip to D.C. I really do appreciate you sharing. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's a very good point. Sadly it would seem, I am not immune. :blush:
No one is immune to hearsay becoming assmued to be fact because it's repeated enough that it is easily accepted.
Hmm. I guess that settles that. I'm just going to have to make the tourist trip to D.C. I really do appreciate you sharing. :thumbsup:
I hope your trip to D.C. is worthwhile and an eye-opener :)

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This plaque, bearing the name of Richard M. Nixon (and three astronauts), is attached to the side of the Apollo 11 lander on the airless surface of the Moon, where it will last virtually for eternity, or at least until the Sun goes nova.

Don't forget Kurt Waldheim and Jimmy Carter on the Voyager golden record.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't forget Kurt Waldheim and Jimmy Carter on the Voyager golden record.

Oh, yeah---that's good.

Our three ambassadors to the cosmos: a criminal Republican, a former Nazi, and a failed liberal.

^_^

Wheee----it would either make the aliens think the planet is rife for conquest, or a place they'd avoid like the plague.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh, yeah---that's good.

Our three ambassadors to the cosmos: a criminal Republican, a former Nazi, and a failed liberal.

^_^

Wheee----it would either make the aliens think the planet is rife for conquest, or a place they'd avoid like the plague.

You might be amused by a book called 'Pandora's Legions.'

;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums