Btodd

Oct 7, 2003
✟20,354.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
staff edit

It is not 'leftist' to make fun of someone who appeals to Sharia Law being implemented in the U.S., among other ridiculous paranoia.

Realist is a better term. And don't take it so personally, I didn't address you...just the content of the article.

Btodd

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Sore losers" is right.

If Romney had ended up winning, I would have been upset - perhaps even angry. Nevertheless, I would not have engaged in this kind of melodramatic, "o woe is me" malarkey.

Heaven knows I was upset after the 2004 election. I put a lot of faith in the American people voting Bush out of office, and it didn't happen. I was upset, and maybe even chastened.....but I moved on.

I've already lost two friends because of this same type of dramatic stuff, and I have no patience for it. It's time for some people on this forum and elsewhere to grow a pair, grow up, and get over it. You lost, and that sucks, but it isn't the end of the world.
Ringo

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've already lost two friends because of this same type of dramatic stuff, and I have no patience for it. It's time for some people on this forum and elsewhere to grow a pair, grow up, and get over it. You lost, and that sucks, but it isn't the end of the world.
Ringo
Pair of what? There's whiny ladies here as well as gentlemen.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Alot of strawmen came to die in this thread. :(

Is the writer of this a poe or just completely ignorant? I honestly find it hard to understand how someone could be so woefully misinformed.

There are good (and some false but understandable) reasons to criticize Obama, but most/all of these seem to be the product of a deluded mind. Calling Obama a Muslim... seriously?

Why do you hate freedoms, why do you hate America?

^_^

How Fox finds America's enemies [FamGuy] - YouTube

Always makes me laugh. :D

Upvote 0
Btodd said:
It is not 'leftist' to make fun of someone who appeals to Sharia Law being implemented in the U.S., among other ridiculous paranoia.

Realist is a better term. And don't take it so personally, I didn't address you...just the content of the article.

Btodd

Just for the record , we have had that happen, in Florida. A woman brought charges against her husband for beating her. When the case went to court, the judge, after the husbands attorney made it know that this couple were Muslim , decided to use sharia law in his judgement . He found the man innocent due to their law. So, never say never

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Just for the record , we have had that happen, in Florida. A woman brought charges against her husband for beating her. When the case went to court, the judge, after the husbands attorney made it know that this couple were Muslim , decided to use sharia law in his judgement . He found the man innocent due to their law. So, never say never

Sure he did. Feel free to come up with a link to this case of a Florida judge completely bypassing US jurisprudence. I'm sure it will be easy since bypassing established US law would make some rather big news.

:doh:

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Interesting, do you have a link to this case? I'd like to send a letter to the judge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Ok, I tried to search for a little while and the only thing I could find that came close to that (and it is from New Jersey and not Florida) is:

The True Story of Sharia in American Courts | The Nation

The part that sounds similar says:

"The Sharia scaremongers often rely on a single New Jersey case, S.D. v. M.J.R., as proof that Islamic law is seeping into our court system. In it, a wife sought a restraining order against her husband, alleging that he repeatedly beat and sexually assaulted her. The judge denied her request, holding that the defendant did not form the criminal intent necessary to commit the crime, because his genuine religious beliefs dictated that he was entitled to sexual relations upon demand. The ruling was wrong—both under state law and Sharia—and, not surprisingly, the New Jersey Appellate Court reversed it in 2010."

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Good article; well worth the read.

Casual Sundays with Mr Curry published a new post entitled "Gobsmacked" on 11/7/2012 7:42:52 AM, written by MLP.

Gobsmacked

Well, It's official; I don't know anything.

I thought for sure that given such a clear choice, Americans would vote for love of country over revenge.

Why is Obama revenge and not a vote for love of country and its people?

I thought, that just as every presidential election in my lifetime, the bad economy would be hung around the incumbent's neck, sinking him.

I was wrong.

Well luckily Americans are intelligent enough to know that maybe such things take more than 4 years.

I thought that even those few Americans who were fortunate enough to still be fully employed (not counting those leeching off the public system) would be cognizant of how much pain their neighbors were in and elect someone who would at least try to make improvements.

I was wrong.

That is why they voted Obama.

I thought that now that FINALLY some of the disturbing truths about our first black president had come to light, voters would reject a man so dangerously at odds with the American experience.

I was wrong.

This is pretty vague.

I thought the 2010 elections and the Tea Party meant something.

I thought the enthusiasm on display at Romney/Ryan events, contrasted with the lack of same at Obama/Biden events meant something.

Yes, you were wrong here.

I thought Americans would never sell their liberty for the sake of trinkets like cell phones or even big shiny lies like 'free health care'.

I was wrong.

Who is selling their liberty for a cell phone? And obviously healthcare costs money.

Never in a million years would I have supposed that America would support a president who left his (our) people to die at the hands of our enemies overseas without lifting a hand to help, then lie about what he watched in real time for over two weeks, then lie about the lie for another month.

I was wrong.

I don't know what happened here, and I doubt you do either.

I thought Americans could tell a hawk from a handsaw.

I was wrong.

Whatever that means.

We were offered the clearest choice we've has since 1980, where we had malaise and a misery index on one hand and a shining city on a hill on the other. Back then, we chose the city on the hill. This time the choice was between a man who says 7.9% unemployment and $4.00 gas is the new normal and a guy whose entire career has been about fixing broken entities.

We chose to stay broken. And Broke.

Or they just disagree with you.

Maybe I'm wrong about the ramifications of this choice. Maybe windmills will actually turn out to be a viable energy source. Maybe America diminished will be loved overseas. Maybe a nuclear Iran won't be a threat. Maybe Israel is over reacting. Maybe western civilization was always over rated. Maybe life under sharia is fun. Maybe when the rest of the world realizes that we have no intention of ever paying back that $16,000,000,000,000.00 (and counting) that we've borrowed from them, they won't devalue the dollar, causing hyper inflation here at home. Maybe China will just keep on giving us money and not demand our hearts, souls, national monuments and marriageable daughters as payment.

Green energy is needed; I see nothing wrong with hoe Obama is handling Iran; Obama isn't a Muslim (more likely an agnostic) and sharia law isn't coming to America; you will sort your economy out in the next few years.

I've watched my candidate lose elections before but I've never felt the way I did last night when this one was called for Obama.

It wasn't bitterness or sadness or even disappointment. It took me a while to figure out what it was. Then it hit me; it was horror.

Pure, unadulterated horror.

Not because of Obama, but because of what it says about us, the American people, that we chose this.

That they choose liberty over religious oppression? That they value equality rather than a rigged system that favours a few lucky plutocrats over the majority?

Obama isn't perfect by a long way, but he is better than what the Republicans have to offer (or take, take, take).

It shouldn't have even been close. Faced with the choice between taking charge of our destiny and tackling our financial problems, we opted to get high and have sex.

In favour of liberty and and fixing the economy, rather than religious oppression and greater inequality and greed.

We re-elected a guy who doesn't understand that a growing economy that creates more tax payers will bring in more revenue than higher taxes. A Commander in Chief who doesn't know our military still uses bayonets. A man who wants to control the economy without even knowing the difference between bankruptcy and liquidation. It was one thing to elect an unknown quantity, buying his line of 'Hope and Change'.

Creating more tax payers and higher taxes on the richest probably helps even more.

Obama said less bayonets, not none.

It's something else to deliberately choose his failed policies over someone who has actually achieved success in life. I never dreamed America would do that.

What is success? There is more to life than money, but apparently some of the so called Christians have forgotten this. But who needs to listen to Jesus when you can pretend what he thinks is what you want.

Success is more than money. Romney has done well (and had a good head start), but so has Obama, and I think Obama is a much better role model.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, Hello Idiocracy!

You say that, but which was it that couldn't read polls or do math?

It profits a man nothing to lose his soul for the whole world....
but we threw ours away for cell phones and birth control pills.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." ~ Matthew 19:24

"Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." ~ Matthew 19:21

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need." ~ Acts 2:44

(Not that I'm communist) :p

In the twentieth century (the American Century), we stepped up to the plate three times and saved the rest of the world from Fascism, Nazism and Communism. We were the cavalry, always riding to the rescue.

And we appreciate that... but it did take you long enough to get involved at times. ;)

When the wolf is at the door (and he is coming, yelling 'Allahu Akbar') we're going to find out that there is no one out there to come to our rescue.

On the bright side, maybe it'll all turn out great.
After all, I don't know anything.

Well apparently not.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see nothing wrong with hoe Obama....

Paradoxum, you have no idea the amount of mirth your typo above gave me this morning; I'd like to thank you for brightening my day. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He's not.

Instead, he is a flawed man who has an elevated sense of self-importance.

obama_arrogance.gif

Finally a reasonable insult to Obama.

Of course you could also just call him a Politician whose inner character has been revealed.

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Finally a reasonable insult to Obama.

Of course you could also just call him a Politician whose inner character has been revealed.

Basically. All politicians have traits of narcissism. That's why they've politicians.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He's not.

Instead, he is a flawed man who has an elevated sense of self-importance.

obama_arrogance.gif

My favorite is the one where someone photoshopped that picture into a Benito Mussolini uniform.

Upvote 0
T

TeddyReceptus

My favorite is the one where someone photoshopped that picture into a Benito Mussolini uniform.

That's funny because it utilizes a FASCIST image!

But that's better than most because how well will most people on the Right know just anything about history pre-2008 such that they could even identify a Mussolini uniform? ^_^

Maybe if someone wrote "MUSSOLINI" on it in big letters and provided a hotlink to Wikipedia so the Right wingers could "get the joke".

But that's a lot of work, and the Right doesn't usually go in for particularly "intellectual" jokes (ie ones that require even a nodding acquaintance with history, sociology, basic junior high civics, etc.)

Upvote 0