George Carlin dies at 71

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
George, you will be sorely missed.

If anyone hasn't heard, he recently re-released all his stuff.

I think I'll shell out a couple hundred dollars to have it all.

I got it for Christmas, it is awesome!

Anyway, the hippy dippy weatherman is dead.:cry:Our household is having an official 3 days of mourning. I saw him in 2006.

Goodbye........such a genius.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟26,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a bum month for comedians.

I remember switching PBS on one day and seeing him on Thomas the Tank Engine. At the time I had no idea why my parents found it so funny that George Carlin would be a on children's show. It was only later I found out how much good work he did in matters of free speech and artistic freedom.

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There will only be one George. I liked his style and sense of irony. It was from him that I first heard the question posited that if "pro" is the opposite of "con", then is Congress the opposite of progress. The world is still trying to figure that one out. Also, I learned from him to just give an approximation of my baby's age. If she's 13 months, just say she's one year. If she's 19 months, just say she's one and a half.

Upvote 0

WarEagle

Nov 12, 2006
✟7,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ironic thing is that, as hateful and mean spirited as his "comedy" was, he was a very nice man, one on one.

They filmed some scenes of the movie "Jersey Girl" at the police station next to the post office where my sister was asst. postmaster at that time.

I got to meet George Carlin and Kevin Smith (although I didn't know who he was) one day when I went to the post office to meet my sister for lunch.

He was very friendly and even came into the post office and joked around with the carriers.

Kevin Smith was a jerk.

Upvote 0