Gay rights protest in Russia.

Sight

SCOTUS
May 6, 2007
✟329.00
Faith
Other Religion
Disgusting that the anti-gay terrorists and extremists must resort to violence to make a point.

Whether they're attacking a group of defenseless gay civilians or planting bombs at abortion clinics to kill innocent people...

What is it with these ultra right wing Christian fanatics and their irresistible urge to get violent?

Upvote 0

sebastian

is invisible...
Mar 27, 2004
✟10,161.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I just saw it on the news, they punched some defensless guys really hard, bloody noses the lot. and one of them said after that he did it 'cos orthodox teaching says it's wrong to be gay. well, i think it says violence is wrong too! The gay guy just stood there and took it till it was a full on punch then he backed away, but I think he acted like a better man than these other people.

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They already know they don't have a case on any sort of intellectual platform so they might as well resort to acting like animals.

The right wing Christian fanatics and extremists are morally bankrupt.

God will not allow innocent people to fall under their shadow of terror.
You are, of course, completely right: The Lord God Almighty will not permanently allow those who pervert His Word into a vehicle to foster hatred and scapegoating to succeed.

But it's instructive to look at I Corinthians 12 and related passages -- we are the Body of Christ, the means by which He combats evil in the world. Nearly always, God works through men of good will to accomplish His purposes, rather than taking direct action in propria persona.

Which brings me to Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing."

Or Martin Niemoeller: "First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."

Upvote 0

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Disgusting that the anti-gay terrorists and extremists must resort to violence to make a point.

Whether they're attacking a group of defenseless gay civilians or planting bombs at abortion clinics to kill innocent people...

What is it with these ultra right wing Christian fanatics and their irresistible urge to get violent?
But teh Muslims are worse!!!!!!11111eleven

I think it's funny that the people who were persecuted in Russia during Soviet times are now turning around and doing the same things.

Upvote 0
W

WalkingforHim

I think it's funny that the people who were persecuted in Russia during Soviet times are now turning around and doing the same things.

Tis the pyschology of the victim. They think that because they have suffered they have higher moral standing than non-victims, thus see no moral problem victimizing others who they see as a potential threat, perceived, or real.

Anyway, I'ld say the political and cultural situation in the country is as much a contributer to the way these people think and act as there religion. Acts like these don't show the danger of religion, so much as the danger of religion when not tempered with reason. Unfortunaly, a trait that I've witnessed on this forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums