Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because people with the flu can get pneumonia and die.

Did you ever hear of the 1918 flu pandemic ? It killed more people than WWI did.

Jim
Well when it gets fatal go to the ER but not until then.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I have no problem with the concept in a perfect world where EVERYONE was honest and understood you simply cannot get something for nothing which is why I have no problem helping people when I can. However, we live in no such world and so I support helping people, but NOT a federal or state level. Only on a local or personal level.

Unless the local government can get the money to be able to do it, the federal and state will have to take over since they both have substantially more money than the local government.

If the local government does do it, where do you think the money will come from that's needed?

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others

It would cost more money then. The key is to catch it before it gets to the point of being fatal.

Also, if they are by themselves and they wait till it gets fatal, they may not be able to get to the phone in order to call 911 so that they can be taken to the hospital, or they may drive themselves, pass out and then cause a wreck possibly killing a family of four.

I have seen that scenario already.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unless the local government can get the money to be able to do it, the federal and state will have to take over since they both have substantially more money than the local government.

If the local government does do it, where do you think the money will come from that's needed?
I would not have as big a problem with the federal government GIVING the money ( although the personal level would be even better) but the closer a government is to the people just like the church the more likely they know who NEEDS it and who does not.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It would cost more money then. The key is to catch it before it gets to the point of being fatal.

Also, if they are by themselves and they wait till it gets fatal, they may not be able to get to the phone in order to call 911 so that they can be taken to the hospital, or they may drive themselves, pass out and then cause a wreck possibly killing a family of four.

I have seen that scenario already.
so let me get this right in my small brain should we just let people abuse the ER um no?

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
so let me get this right in my small brain should we just let people abuse the ER um no?

I don't see it as abuse, but you need to take the good with the bad. There are going to be people that go for a hang nail, but there are those who when they go for as you put it "minor flu" they get treatment that can keep it from evolving into something far more serious.

You cannot throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't see it as abuse, but you need to take the good with the bad. There are going to be people that go for a hang nail, but there are those who when they go for as you put it "minor flu" they get treatment that can keep it from evolving into something far more serious.

You cannot throw out the baby with the bathwater.
baby out with the bathwater?

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sonshine234

Nov 10, 2012
✟2,002.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what I've read, it's like doing a LONG complicated math problem in college. (And I wasn't good at math.)

You have to figure out the tax credits properly or you'll end up owing at the end of the year and I'm on a very tight budget. The co-pays, co-insurances, deductibles and premium prices are enough to make your head spin. But, my late husband's employer is shifting everyone to Obama-care and off of their traditional Blue Cross. (My "widow's check" requires the recipient have health insurance, so I can't just say 'no' to it.)

I'm going in person to Blue Cross and a few other insurances in town to see what they have to offer. I can't call because my hearing is so poor--I can't hear on the phone well enough for something this important. And I don't trust the Obama-care Web-site as far as I can throw it.

Anyone else here signed up for Obama-care yet?

It's gonna be a long day.... :sorry:
Sorry to hear that. That will ruin our country

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Waiting til it gets fatal is what often makes it incurable.

If you have a kid with strep, the flu or some other ailment, are you going to sit and watch them come to death's door before you treat them ?

Jim

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear that. That will ruin our country

No it won't.

The only thing that will ruin the country is the unwillingness by some to work to see such programs from succeeding, for nothing other than political reasons.

Having access to health care for every citizen, is a moral obligation for Christians which the Bishops call for.

Jim

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Waiting til it gets fatal is what often makes it incurable.

If you have a kid with strep, the flu or some other ailment, are you going to sit and watch them come to death's door before you treat them ?

Jim
I do not plan to have any kids prepared to get fixed if I have to but if I did no I do however expect a GROWN person to accept what may happen if THEY do not get coverage.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I do not plan to have any kids prepared to get fixed if I have to but if I did no I do however expect a GROWN person to accept what may happen if THEY do not get coverage.

You still do not seem to be getting it.

Some are unable to get coverage through no fault of their own and do not qualify for medicaid.

Are you going to say too bad so sad for you to them as well?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know that some states are on the way to nullifying Obamacare and at least Ohio's constitution does not allow forced Obamacare signups of either the people or doctor organizations. In most states, people who try to sign up for Obamacare find themselves signed up (whether they like it or not) for Medicaid instead. (Medicaid is a program for the poor which was there before Obamacare was even thought up only now it is treated like one big loan in which a person's estate will have to pay it off.) And because of the doctor shortage in most states (I guess Massachusetts doesn't have one...yet) this Obamacare will only result in MORE crowded ER rooms.

So sorry to here that you will not even have the option of saving money until medical is needed like most of the youth have.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You still do not seem to be getting it.

Some are unable to get coverage through no fault of their own and do not qualify for medicaid.

Are you going to say too bad so sad for you to them as well?
If I can't get coverage why should people have to pay if they do not need or want coverage. Insurance is about risks. I have various health problems HOWEVER most my age are in pretty good health. Why would they pay for coverage that they are VERY unlikely to need? You cannot protect aganist everything.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I can't get coverage why should people have to pay if they do not need or want coverage. Insurance is about risks. I have various health problems HOWEVER most my age are in pretty good health. Why would they pay for coverage that they are VERY unlikely to need? You cannot protect aganist everything.

We pay taxes for many things we're unlikely to need, but others do. It's what living in a society is about.

So it is with health insurance. People pay into the pool so that EVERYONE can have access to health care.

Jim

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States