Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So if a person needs medical treatment that will save their life, you rather see them die instead of making you buy health insurance, which is for your own good in the first place ?

Jim
I don't believe that Obamacare, Romneycare, or Medical Insurance have anything to do with health care, at all. They have to do with insurance. They're two entirely different things.

Insurance is meant to cover you in case of a catastrophe. You don't use auto insurance to pay for your gas and repairs. You use auto insurance if you have an accident. Same with home owners or renters insurance.

Health care is between you and your doctor, and should be pay as you go, like getting gas for your car. When the doctor tells you (Jim) that you have cancer, and need thousands to cover the cost, that's the catastrophe that insurance is supposed to cover. Or any kind of hospital stay. I remember I needed three stitches in my hand and the bill was 2700. My wife broke her wrist and the ER visit was 5 grand-they didn't really treat her at all, just deferred her to surgery the next day.

One thing health care insurance should not cover is birth control devices or abortion.

Everyone should have access to health care. There are hospitals all over the country that serve the poor. They aren't exactly UCLA Medical Center or Sloan Kettering. Heck, my diocese has a health clinic that serves the poor.
Health insurance and health care are two different things...

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
JimR-OCDS said:
Check again.

As far as I know, it's the law in every state, to at least call for emergency help.

If it were a child, you definitely would be prosecuted for doing nothing.

Jim

Nope. There are laws protecting you if you harm them while trying to help (Good Samaritan laws) but in many states it is not illegal to not render assistance.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe that Obamacare, Romneycare, or Medical Insurance have anything to do with health care, at all. They have to do with insurance. They're two entirely different things.

Insurance is meant to cover you in case of a catastrophe. You don't use auto insurance to pay for your gas and repairs. You use auto insurance if you have an accident. Same with home owners or renters insurance.

Health care is between you and your doctor, and should be pay as you go, like getting gas for your car. When the doctor tells you (Jim) that you have cancer, and need thousands to cover the cost, that's the catastrophe that insurance is supposed to cover. Or any kind of hospital stay. I remember I needed three stitches in my hand and the bill was 2700. My wife broke her wrist and the ER visit was 5 grand-they didn't really treat her at all, just deferred her to surgery the next day.

One thing health care insurance should not cover is birth control devices or abortion.

Everyone should have access to health care. There are hospitals all over the country that serve the poor. They aren't exactly UCLA Medical Center or Sloan Kettering. Heck, my diocese has a health clinic that serves the poor.
Health insurance and health care are two different things...
:thumbsup:
Nope. There are laws protecting you if you harm them while trying to help (Good Samaritan laws) but in many states it is not illegal to not render assistance.

Even a Doctor - or nurse outside of work and within work cannot be sued for doing their best.

IE doing CPR and it not working.
The law protects them from being sued...

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know that it's hard to believe, but at one medical training school, the students were advised that once they are assigned to the hospital and wear their uniforms regularly, to change to civilian clothes when outside the hospital. The students were told that people (seeing the medical uniform) would simply take advantage and figure "ah! here's a person with medical training, I'll simply get him to help and not bother calling 911". The school suggested that this would not be good for either the person needing help or the student (especially if the student happens to be coming off a long shift at the hospital and is exhausted.)

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know that it's hard to believe, but at one medical training school, the students were advised that once they are assigned to the hospital and wear their uniforms regularly, to change to civilian clothes when outside the hospital. The students were told that people (seeing the medical uniform) would simply take advantage and figure "ah! here's a person with medical training, I'll simply get him to help and not bother calling 911". The school suggested that this would not be good for either the person needing help or the student (especially if the student happens to be coming off a long shift at the hospital and is exhausted.)

Did you get this off of Ted Cruz's site ? :D

You're right, it's unbelievable.

Jim

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
WarriorAngel said:

Even a Doctor - or nurse outside of work and within work cannot be sued for doing their best.

IE doing CPR and it not working.
The law protects them from being sued...

Yes, so long as they acted as a reasonable person would have in the situation. However, doctors, nurses, etc would be held to a higher standard of care in such cases because they have professional training.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Went to Blue Cross and the rep had NO clue about the forms and filled it out wrong! :mad:

I decided to just go with Blue Cross cuz that's what I have now. The rep totally screwed up my application and I had to call "Obamacare" when I got home to cancel what she had done. The "Obamacare" rep said I could redo the application any time I wanted. I have to say that the Obama rep seemed knowledgeable and helpful. So, maybe there's hope yet for me getting this done.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did you get this off of Ted Cruz's site ? :D

You're right, it's unbelievable.

Nope Jim. From the medical training school. It was just a couple of miles from the medical center my husband was a patient in.

BTW, the advice was common knowledge. One of my daughters was considering being an LPN and that advice was also given her.

(She later decided against being an LPN and I don't even think hospital's hire LPNs anymore (preferring RNs).

Just a clarification here, I thought Ted Cruz was a politician who was just proven correct when he said that Obamacare wasn't ready (and actually tried to save the American people a great deal of pain--and it appears that if he was listened to, he would have saved the Dems much embarrassment too.)

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Snipped to portion addressed. Longer post above.

However, doctors, nurses, etc would be held to a higher standard of care in such cases because they have professional training.

People that carry current CPR cards and current First Aid Cards are also held to that higher standard of care (because they have medical training) but Good Samaritan Laws protect us all as long as we are acting within our training.

Have only been in one state where it is mandatory to offer aid and that was aid to a stranded motorist because the state was so desolate that there would be little chance of another car passing by.

Upvote 0