Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Title was...

Let's Talk: Racism in Online Gaming-MoH Warfighter

If I remember correctly it's about the 2-4 minute mark when he makes the exact same point I made...that everyone deals with it, everyone gets attacked. I thought Summer might be interested since she's clearly not going to take a white man's opinion on the matter.

Chick??

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The "me too" crowd sounds a lot like men that complain about street harassment. As a male I have been harassed while walking and running by women, young and old. However, I know that doesn't compare to women that endure a lot more street harassment. We all know men can harassed, but women are harassed disproportionately more. And the issue is not trash talking, the issue is racist, homophobic and misogynistic language directed at gamers.
So the issue isn't trash talking, the real issue is trash talking. Gotcha.
There's a big difference between calling someone a 30-year old virgin and saying a woman's place is on her knees.
And the difference is one insult is directed at a man and the other is directed at a woman, thus sexist put more emphasis on the insults directed towards women.

Another thing, someone calling you gay online is a homophobic slur, it is not an attack on heterosexuality or masculinity. The user is using "gay" as perjorative.
Amazing, someone tells another player that they enjoy performing sexual acts on other men but it's NOT an attack on that players hetrosexuality or masculinity.

Why isn't it? Because it would harm the narrative being woven.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
So the issue isn't trash talking, the real issue is trash talking. Gotcha.And the difference is one insult is directed at a man and the other is directed at a woman, thus sexist put more emphasis on the insults directed towards women.

Amazing, someone tells another player that they enjoy performing sexual acts on other men but it's NOT an attack on that players hetrosexuality or masculinity.

Why isn't it? Because it would harm the narrative being woven.
Homosexuality has nothing to do with a man's masculinity. In previous presidential and congressional elections, politicians have been accused of being part black or fathering illegitimate black children. Those attacks are not racist toward white people. Homosexuality is the pejorative here, it is meant to be an insult to the person because homosexuality is a "bad thing." Homosexuals are being slandered. Being called a virgin is not a male slur; in contrast, saying a women should be subservient or a sexual object to men is a slur against females.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Homosexuality has nothing to do with a man's masculinity.
It is if you don't consider having sex with other men a masculine thing.

Homosexuality is the pejorative here, it is meant to be an insult to the person because homosexuality is a "bad thing." Homosexuals are being slandered. Being called a virgin is not a male slur; in contrast, saying a women should be subservient or a sexual object to men is a slur against females.
I like how basically your whole argument is, "Men can't be slandered". And yes calling someone a basement dwelling virgin most certainly is a male slur, how do we know this? It's the go to insult for anti-gamers to use against men. If it wasn't a slur against men they wouldn't be using it.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because ... :mad:RACISM!:mad:

Anyone else getting tired of this constant drumbeat of SJWs?
"Everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic and you have to point it all out."

Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Welcome to the internet. Mute is your friend.
Something I find interesting is that outside of MOBA and console multiplayer games I don't see much abuse.

I think the last time I saw someone flinging insults at someone else was in Team Fortress 2.. someone put their turret in a spot someone didn't like and the person being critical and the engineer insulted each other back and forth for 10 minutes while we lost the match.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Homosexuality has nothing to do with a man's masculinity. In previous presidential and congressional elections, politicians have been accused of being part black or fathering illegitimate black children. Those attacks are not racist toward white people. Homosexuality is the pejorative here, it is meant to be an insult to the person because homosexuality is a "bad thing." Homosexuals are being slandered. Being called a virgin is not a male slur; in contrast, saying a women should be subservient or a sexual object to men is a slur against females.

Gotcha...

So next time some calls me a clock - sucking [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]....I'll just remind them that's not an insult to my masculinity or heterosexuality or...whatever...

Just out of curiosity, what would be considered an insult to my masculinity or heterosexuality? Or do those insults not exist yet?

I'm seriously trying to hold in the laughter while I typed this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Something I find interesting is that outside of MOBA and console multiplayer games I don't see much abuse.

I think the last time I saw someone flinging insults at someone else was in Team Fortress 2.. someone put their turret in a spot someone didn't like and the person being critical and the engineer insulted each other back and forth for 10 minutes while we lost the match.

I looked it up and Dota might still be the worst community out there.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It is if you don't consider having sex with other men a masculine thing.
"Obama is a Muslim!" It's the same thing as using that as an insult. It is an attack on you, turning that type of person into a slur. The same thing happened with "John McCain fathered a black child" in the 2000 SC primary, that is not an attack on white people.

I like how basically your whole argument is, "Men can't be slandered". And yes calling someone a basement dwelling virgin most certainly is a male slur, how do we know this? It's the go to insult for anti-gamers to use against men. If it wasn't a slur against men they wouldn't be using it.
I never said men cannot be slandered, calling someone a virgin is not a male slur. Virgin does not male, the way @#$% (cannot write that here) is used to denigrate women as it is specific to women. Being called a virgin or being called gay as an insult are not "male slurs." The only men disparaged in the latter case are gay men.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Wow...and there's a total dismissal of my experiences. For the record, I've never heard of anyone insulted for being a lesbian...but I wouldn't dismiss the claim.

I've been called just about everything you can call a white person...had my heterosexuality and masculinity challenged repeatedly. I'll be honest, it's not like I kept a tally point system of who was doing it most, blacks, hispanics, women, men...but it happens all the time.

And I think this is why non-minorities are more likely to tell people to toughen up. It's not necessarily callousness. There isn't a whole industry around taking the slightest offence given to whites or men and trying to rework an entire culture to fix the 'problem' of racism/sexism/whichever against them.

Thus, they have little option but to go 'oh well', and learn to live with it.

And it actually conditions an advantage - it generates a thicker skin. Non-minorities know that you can shrug this stuff off and don't see why minorities won't do the same, instead opting for the outrage and something-must-be-done route.

Upvote 0