New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I only played the open beta. Thought it was fun but I can only be on a team that loses so badly before I'm done for a while.

That said the whole time I played I never saw anybody type anything outside of the hotkeyed comments. One consistent thing I've heard about the game is that nobody talks. Not even in the voice chats apparently, and if anybody is talking they are talking to themselves or passing out orders with nobody responding.
They talk, I talk quite a bit, especially if I'm Reinhardt. I figure my team would like to know when that big shield is going down, whether from damage, or from me retreating charging. I also announce ults being up. This is probably why I got a lot of positive feedback.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They talk, I talk quite a bit, especially if I'm Reinhardt. I figure my team would like to know when that big shield is going down, whether from damage, or from me retreating charging. I also announce ults being up. This is probably why I got a lot of positive feedback.
You sound like you'd make a great raid leader.

Was this on PC or console?

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟12,002.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1944: 18 year olds storm the beaches of Normandy.

2016: Adults whine about being insulted on the internet.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. A COMPLETE AND TOTAL STRANGER SAID SOMETHING MEAN. SOMEONE I WILL NEVER MEET NOR SPEAK TO AGAIN.

THE HORROR.

Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1944: 18 year olds storm the beaches of Normandy.

2016: Adults whine about being insulted on the internet.

To be fair the people they sent to die on the beaches of Normandy (men) generally aren't complaining about being insulted on the internet (mainly women, lol).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be fair the people they sent to die on the beaches of Normandy (men) generally aren't complaining about being insulted on the internet (mainly women, lol).

Good point, I shouldn't have let that get by me.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good point, I shouldn't have let that get by me.
Yeah, one of the biggest reasons I get angry about people complaining about this generation being too whiny is because many of us men are shamed for doing just that. So why should we get criticized for doing something we don't even get the luxury to partake in? Lol.

We're supposed to be stone cold about our problems and coddle women. Heck most of the whiny male feminists are not even whiny on behalf of their own gender.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟864,528.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, one of the biggest reasons I get angry about people complaining about this generation being too whiny is because many of us men are shamed for doing just that. So why should we get criticized for doing something we don't even get the luxury to partake in? Lol.

We're supposed to be stone cold about our problems and coddle women. Heck most of the whiny male feminists are not even whiny on behalf of their own gender.
Am I reading this right? You're whining about people whining that your generation's too whiny while admitting that you're whiny?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Am I reading this right? You're whining about people whining that your generation's too whiny while admitting that you're whiny?
I'm talking about a specific context of whining. Mainly excessive whining about your own problems.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You sound like you'd make a great raid leader.

Was this on PC or console?
I was a raid and guild leader for 2 years in WoW actually. Nothing spectacular, but we had a server first kill on a boss in Ulduar.

I play on PC.

Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0