United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 3:3

Remember [1st century Church at Sardis] therefore how you[1st century Church at Sardis] have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you [1st century church at Sardis] will not watch, I will come upon you [1st century church at Sardis] as a thief, and you [1st century church at Sardis]will not know what hour I will come upon you[1st century church at Sardis].

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Remember [1st century Church at Sardis] therefore how you[1st century Church at Sardis] have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you [1st century church at Sardis] will not watch, I will come upon you [1st century church at Sardis] as a thief, and you [1st century church at Sardis]will not know what hour I will come upon you[1st century church at Sardis].

First, lets parallel that verse. I noticed you didnt do it, so Id like to help you make your case against the futurists.

First, we need to see if we can verify the verse against the Bible. Oh, look, we have a previous prophecy from Christ that matches.

Mat_24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Luk_12:39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Rev_16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

So now we essentially have 4 verse that confirm what Christ was saying Chronologically.

To the extent the prophecy is given, we can trace it from Matthew all the way to Rev 16:15.

So, we need to see if the events in Rev16 have happened yet.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Since Christs prophecy is given in Matthew, and the last we hear about it is Rev16:15, then we know that any events prior to 16:15 that havent happened, means that this prophecy being used hasnt happened.

Fortunately, I just happened to have a pic I made from Google showing the Euphrates, which in fact, has yet to dry up..

Prophecy unfulfilled.

Euphrates_zps64b30074.jpg

Reactions: Achilles6129
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Plus, you forgot to include these parallel verses:

1. 1 Thessalonians 5:2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
  2. 1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
  3. 2 Peter 3:10 [ The Day of the Lord ] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

you fail to address the elephant in the room

No, you broke the cardinal rule of Revelation, something I am not permitted to do as a Christian.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

As Christians, we are forbidden from adding to the Book of Revelation, sorry, I cant do that.

But what I did do is walk you through the precepts to show you that your prophecy is yet to be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you posted another grossly oversized picture, making the thread all whacky ....
I can recommend a computer class in your area. You sure could use one.

(though you often make threads whacky simply with your words lol)

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, you broke the cardinal rule of Revelation, something I am not permitted to do as a Christian.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

AHAAHAHAHA,,, thats the best rebuttal you've got?

again, Puh-Leese

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Plus, you forgot to include these parallel verses:

1. 1 Thessalonians 5:2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
  2. 1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
  3. 2 Peter 3:10 [ The Day of the Lord ] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Now you are getting the hang of it!

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
AHAAHAHAHA,,, thats the best rebuttal you've got?

again, Puh-Leese

Its not a rebuttal, you literally added words that dont exist in Revelation, to revelation. I am forbidden from doing this, but I cant tell you what to do.

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Here is your verse in Rev where you added to the prophecy, which is a huge no no...

Call it like I see it.

You should have provided a commentary, Rev 3:3 is an edict, as well as a prophecy.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What of substance did I add? What meaning of the verse changed by what i put in Brackets?

Do you know about bracketing?

again I can recommend a computer class in your area if you like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And how is your choice to quote what I wrote not you adding as well?

No one forced you to quote me... you chose to, indicating your own personal ownership of your ENTIRE post.

Guess you'd better get ready for those plagues too lol

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And you posted another grossly oversized picture, making the thread all whacky ....
I can recommend a computer class in your area. You sure could use one.

(though you often make threads whacky simply with your words lol)

Im just trying to help you prove your point against the futurists, but you seem to be working against me.

How can we convince the futurists if you are working against yourself?

Luk_11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And how is your choice to quote what I wrote not you adding as well?

No one forced you to quote me... you chose to, indicating your own personal ownership of your ENTIRE post.

Guess you'd better get ready for those plagues too lol

No, I stand up for Jesus Christ our Lord and God directly...

I found you violating Biblical Law, and I addressed it rightfully that you might not make that mistake in the future.

Im trying to help you brother..

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I stand up for Jesus Christ our Lord and God directly...

I found you violating Biblical Law, and I addressed it rightfully that you might not make that mistake in the future.

Im trying to help you brother..

God bless

You never disappoint Brother. Not ever.

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How about you quit dancing around with your leagalistic hocus pocus and address the POINT?

Im sorry, what is your point?

I can only see what Rev 3:3 says.

Did you have something you wanted to add to Revelation?

Did we not just go through this?

You should provide a commentary on this verse if you want me to rebut it.

Im going to be here with you all day long, so dont worry, I wont leave you hanging..:thumbsup:

Blessings

Upvote 0

xXChristPeripheralXx

Nov 27, 2013
✟1,337.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 3:1
3 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,

Did you want me to address this verse?^^

Or the verse in the op below?

Upvote 0