Donald Trump ... going for the win

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It might help you understand what Trump said if you had some familiarity with how bankruptcy laws work. If it were possible to rake in millions by declaring bankruptcy, everybody would be swimming in cash.

It's one of the ways people like Romney and Trump make money.

Reactions: myj
Upvote 0

Bknight006

Lost in the Multiverse
Jun 14, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Why would an elector not support a candidate that had the most votes?

Opinion in other countries is surely irrelevant to most American voters. Speaking as a foreigner I believe that generally we want good relations with whoever wins the presidency. Liberals prefer democrats and realists Republicans seems to me to be the pattern.

The Electoral College isn't subject to the voters, something that they demonstrated in 2000 when they elected Bush.

Your definition of realism seems a bit off. I typed up a really long explanation of why, but of course, the bloody thing deleted it when I tried to post it since it had taken so long to type up. Long story short, realists as I think of them should not accept a political party that argues amongst themselves like middle schoolers despite agreeing on most major issues. They shouldn't accept a party that hijacks official investigations and turns them into partisan smear campaigns, lying about their findings in the process (something that the FBI or the CIA (can't remember which) has indeed busted one of them on). They shouldn't accept political parties that hold onto inconsequential issues and turn them into their freaking main platforms (Planned Parenthood and Benghazi being the big ones). They shouldn't accept a party that denies the empirical fact surrounding climate change and trickle-down economics.

I personally find all of these things morally and/or logically repugnant. This is partially because of my Christian beliefs and morals (especially about tolerance, selflessness, nobility, and peace), and partially because of my respect for science and reason. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I won't deny, though, a lot of Americans don't give a crap what other countries think of us. That is one of our biggest flaws, and if it gets too bad, I don't think the international community will hesitate to put some Russia-style sanctions on us. It'd teach us a lesson, that's for sure.

Wow, that didn't end up being particularly short. LOL, it works, at least. XD

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I won't deny, though, a lot of Americans don't give a crap what other countries think of us. That is one of our biggest flaws, and if it gets too bad, I don't think the international community will hesitate to put some Russia-style sanctions on us. It'd teach us a lesson, that's for sure.

Because Russia cares so much about those?

Upvote 0

Bknight006

Lost in the Multiverse
Jun 14, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Because Russia cares so much about those?

Economically, yeah, they did. A lot. I mean, you can't blame 'em. They were kinda being crushed under the strain of them for at least a year, as I recall. It left a bad taste in their mouth as far as their opinion of NATO goes, which I know for a fact.

I also notice that you didn't address any of the other points (any of the really significant ones, TBH) in my response. I feel like I've seen people do that before... Oh, yeah. Now I know. Three guesses as to what group I'm thinking of in which it's quite popular in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Economically, yeah, they did. A lot. I mean, you can't blame 'em. They were kinda being crushed under the strain of them for at least a year, as I recall. It left a bad taste in their mouth as far as their opinion of NATO goes, which I know for a fact.

Russia just slapped on some counter-sanctions and moved on. Now they're cleaning up the mess that the "international community" left in the Middle East.

I also notice that you didn't address any of the other points (any of the really significant ones, TBH) in my response.

Because I don't really care about them.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AmbassadorThreadOT_zpsonwcdqpy.jpg

Reactions: Bknight006
Upvote 0

Bknight006

Lost in the Multiverse
Jun 14, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Russia just slapped on some counter-sanctions and moved on. Now they're cleaning up the mess that the "international community" left in the Middle East.

Ok, one last thing on this topic; drjean's right, this is getting both off-topic and uncivil real fast. I'm not afraid so much of the discussion topic as I am derailing the thread (though I honestly do want to discuss all of this further, so I might open another thread to discuss it) so I'll cut right to the chase.

Russia did do counter-sanctions, yes, but they just didn't matter. They didn't hurt any NATO countries, because we'd basically cut most of our economic ties with them already. At the end of the day, Russia just wasn't powerful enough for those counter-sanctions to matter.

Because I don't really care about [the other issues].

You don't care about serious breaches of political and religious ethics within a major political party, particularly the one that you support? I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm saying this to wake you up: this is unacceptable from a Christian.

This goes beyond partisan politics and Left and Right; it boils down to this: We're supposed to be the men and women of God, sworn to preach and practice the Light's doctrines of peace, truth, kindness, and tolerance in a world consumed by the Darkness's deceit, conflict, prejudice, and cruelty. Somehow, though, so many of us have unwittingly joined the Darkness. Please, I beg of you, wake up.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I thought AntiChrist , Muslim, non American or one of the Lizard people were the more commonly used insults
True, because "narcissist" is hard to spell and sometimes hard to say.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, because "narcissist" is hard to spell and sometimes hard to say.

Trump and the Republicans are more intelligent than you give them credit. Also there is a real debate for the Republican nominee while Clinton looks like a shu in for the Democrats. The toughness of a candidate tested by fire in this way may yet make mincemeat of Hilarys sense of Feminist entitlement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump and the Republicans are more intelligent than you give them credit. Also there is a real debate for the Republican nominee while Clinton looks like a shu in for the Democrats. The toughness of a candidate tested by fire in this way may yet make mincemeat of Hilarys sense of Feminist entitlement.
Sanders has had his momentum slowed, but he was a complete unknown until the last few months. While Hillary is still far ahead at the moment, Sanders could be a real threat.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alas Ms. Clinton will likely get the Dem. nod. But she has been called everything but a White woman and has faced down the Benghazi Kabuki show. She's plenty tough. But I don't see her as a strong campaigner.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alas Ms. Clinton will likely get the Dem. nod. But she has been called everything but a White woman and has faced down the Benghazi Kabuki show. She's plenty tough. But I don't see her as a strong campaigner.

Agree. If she was strong campaigner, she would have beat Obama in 08.

She just doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies.

Upvote 0