Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump vows to win: 'I'm not going anywhere' | CNN

Washington (CNN) Donald Trump forcefully rejected the idea Tuesday that he might be considering getting out of the race as his lead in the polls has contracted in recent weeks.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm leading every poll and I'm going to make our country great again," Trump told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day" on Tuesday morning.

"I'm not getting out. I'm going to win, OK?" Trump added. "The answer is: I'm going all the way and I'm going to win."

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump vows to win: 'I'm not going anywhere' | CNN

Washington (CNN) Donald Trump forcefully rejected the idea Tuesday that he might be considering getting out of the race as his lead in the polls has contracted in recent weeks.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm leading every poll and I'm going to make our country great again," Trump told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day" on Tuesday morning.

"I'm not getting out. I'm going to win, OK?" Trump added. "The answer is: I'm going all the way and I'm going to win."
Trump will do whatever suits his purpose. It seems silly to ask the front-runner (or any top contender) about quitting at this point. The media has trouble finding intelligent questions to ask Trump since he has no real policy platform.

Reactions: myj
Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump will do whatever suits his purpose. It seems silly to ask the front-runner (or any top contender) about quitting at this point. The media has trouble finding intelligent questions to ask Trump since he has no real policy platform.

Scary to see both "top contender" and "no real policy platform" being used to describe the same candidate.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
USA Today declares that Trump is back on top ...
Trump back on top in new USA TODAY poll | USA Today

USA TODAY GOP Power Rankings: Trump back on top | USA Today

Trump continues to have a strong base of support. Social media sentiment is more favorable toward Trump than most other GOP candidates, said digital campaign expert Alan Rosenblatt. “Trump not only has a positive sentiment score, but he is mentioned more than seven times as many times as the second best — Rubio.”

In addition, former presidential candidate Herman Cain said, “Trump’s tax plan has helped him,” a reference to the plan Trump released Sept. 28.

Carly Fiorina lost some first-place votes and dropped to second place in our survey this week; Marco Rubio and Ben Carson tied for third.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟928,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My prediction has been, and will remain: Trump will not win, and never intended to win. As other candidates drop out, their supporters will not go to Trump. His poll numbers have topped out early. He will not survive.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scary to see both "top contender" and "no real policy platform" being used to describe the same candidate.

Scary? Seems typical to me. A bunch of "I'll do x" without any details is not exactly a new thing.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Any such artificial pairing as that would be upsetting. "Hillary Clinton" and "ethics" would do the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Who said the voters were uniformed?
Then you're okay with supporting a candidate that has no plan other than gaining the office. That to me is an uninformed voter who doesn't care about the policies of their chosen candidate.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any such artificial pairing as that would be upsetting. "Hillary Clinton" and "ethics" would do the same thing.
That is not simply an artificial pairing that is a contradictory pairing.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then you're okay with supporting a candidate that has no plan other than gaining the office. That to me is an uninformed voter who doesn't care about the policies of their chosen candidate.
I did not vote for Obama.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I just could not resist. Now for something completely different a serious answer to your post.

From what I have seen over the years there are very few candidates willing to tell the voters what they actually will do when elected and there are many candidates with no plan other than gaining the office. If I was going to find that situation scary I would have lived in fear for years now.
As for the voters being uninformed that is irrelevant to what policy platform a candidate might put forward . First the platform will be couched in such a way as to not actually reveal anything a typical voter will object to and second it may not reflect what the elected candidate actually can do , is capable of doing or even wants to do. A voter may know every last jot and title of what a candidate's policy platform might be but still the voter has no idea what the candidate will do if actually elected to office. So becoming informed of policy platforms is actually a useless waste of time. It would be much more helpful to know the character of the candidate so as to judge whether that person will put the interests of the country ahead of the interests of his/her political allies, party and financial backers and instead will faithfully carry out the duties and defend and protect the Constitution that he/she has sworn an oath to do. If one cannot trust a candidate to tell the truth or to refrain from plagiarizing or to refuse to take money for favors how can one trust anything else they may say. If one sees a candidate that is mainly a braggart and a wind bag how can one expect to get an honest assessment from that candidate of what that candidate is capable of doing as President. Additionally, backing a candidate in a poll is not the same as voting for that candidate when the vote actually means something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're talking about Trump though...

But I'll take your non-answer for what it is.

I thought the subject was people voting for a candidate without knowing a thing about the candidates actual policy positions. That seems to be the case for many people that were enamored of the idea that we would have a historic presidency based upon the color of the skin of the candidate.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Has Trump gotten any endorsements yet?

Yes, his own. I would imagine that he believes that is the only one that is of value.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I thought the subject was people voting for a candidate without knowing a thing about the candidates actual policy positions. That seems to be the case for many people that were enamored of the idea that we would have a historic presidency based upon the color of the skin of the candidate.
Actually, I liked what I heard in the way of proposals he put forth. I will give you the fact that in a campaign one needs to speak in generalities. But one must also be a bit more specific than saying they'll have another country build a wall and have that country pay for it also just because he said so.

Upvote 0