Donald Trump booed at Alabama rally after encouraging his supporters to get vaccinated

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When Trump, DeSantis, Hutchinson, and Fox pundits like Hannity and Geraldo are all promoting the vaccine, and die-hard anti-vaxxers are calling them sellouts and booing them...they may have created a monster they can't control.

Thus far 4 of the 5 people I mentioned above have been lambasted or called "sellouts" for promoting it, there's only one name left on that list...

Bold Prediction: It's only a matter of time before Anti-vaxxers start bashing Trump for promoting the vaccine.

My crystal ball must have been working pretty well that day.

Donald Trump booed at Alabama rally after encouraging his supporters to get vaccinated against COVID-19, video shows

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you've got to do what you've got to do," Trump said to the crowd. "But I recommend that you take the vaccines."

The former president then told his supporters that the vaccines are "good" and once again encouraged them to get a shot.

"You've got your freedoms," Trump responded to the jeers. "But I happened to take the vaccine."

This suggestion was met with boos, as can be heard in a video shared by Vox journalist Aaron Rupar.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Kudos to trump for standing up for what he thinks is right, even in the face of displeasure of his crowd.

Never thought he had it in him.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Kudos to trump for standing up for what he thinks is right, even in the face of displeasure of his crowd.

Let's see if he still has it in him at his next rally -- I suspect we've heard the last vaccine talk from him for a long time.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Let's see if he still has it in him at his next rally -- I suspect we've heard the last vaccine talk from him for a long time.
Perhaps his pathological inability to back down will have an upside in this instance.

Pollyanna optimism I know.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps his pathological inability to back down will have an upside in this instance.

Pollyanna optimism I know.

Don't overlook his pathological inability to resist people cheering and praising him.

Talk about a conflict of interest...

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I never thought that this would be the thing that would finally make them turn on him.
The revolution always eats its oranges.

Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never thought that this would be the thing that would finally make them turn on him.

It's actually not terribly surprising based on what we know about human cognitive behaviors.

Think of it in a similar way that a spoiled child may act with regards to Piaget's Theory of cognitive development.

If a parental figure has overindulged them, given them everything they wanted, and did nothing but tell them what they wanted to hear for the operational cognitive development stage (7-11 years old), they're going to feel some sort of "attachment" or "fondness" toward that parental figure, because they view them as the person who always give/tells them what they want.

However, the first time, at age 12, that parent says "no, you can't use the PlayStation tonight", it's going to be followed with an "I hate you!, you never let me do anything!"-style temper tantrum.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I used to live there and even graduated high school there, witch is probably why I can't spell. I had some people I attended school with complaining on Facebook that they were turned away because they were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights and were packing AR's and pistols. They could attend if they came back unarmed, but they saw it as the Trump Camp had been infiltrated by the deep state.

Sweet Home Alabama.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Trump must be suffering financially from the covid19 outbreak continuing. He would never go against the dogma he has created if it wasn't hurting his bottom line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Trump must be suffering financially from the covid19 outbreak continuing. He would never go against the dogma he has created if it wasn't hurting his bottom line.
The anti-vaxx stuff was never part of Trumps dogma, it's just something his more extreme alt-right followers (who are often rabid conspiracy believers) tacked on. He can be condemned for not taking a stronger stance against those elements, but then again, those elements were a large part of his voting base. What politician goes against his voting base?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The anti-vaxx stuff was never part of Trumps dogma, it's just something his more extreme alt-right followers (who are often rabid conspiracy believers) tacked on. He can be condemned for not taking a stronger stance against those elements, but then again, those elements were a large part of his voting base. What politician goes against his voting base?

What's weird about conspiracy nuts is that they seem to believe in EVERY conspiracy theory.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The minute he said anything they didn't want to hear, they'd turn.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What's weird about conspiracy nuts is that they seem to believe in EVERY conspiracy theory.
I know. Especially those that are mutually exclusive.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An honest politician leads his constituency by telling them the truth. I must acknowledge you have a point about trump and his vaccines. After losing the election he just quit trying to promote them largely due to the tribal backlash that has arisen regarding the talk of mandates. He has nothing to lose now by urging his followers to get vaccinated to help America end this pandemic tho. It's not like trump is going to risk the humiliation of losing another election. His ego might be his worst nemesis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know. Especially those that are mutually exclusive.

And in the realm of medical pseudoscience, people who are anti-vaxxers will tend to gravitate towards totally conflicting alternative medicines as well, simply based on the notion "if they're against vaccines, they're on my side"

There's a high level of overlap with regards to people who embrace both chiropractic and homeopathy, despite those two being mutually exclusive. (As one suggests that "subluxation" is the cause of all human disease... The other claiming it's "miasms")

They both can't be true at the same time.
(In fact, in this case, neither of them is true lol)

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
It's not like trump is going to risk the humiliation of losing another election.
Since he has not ruled out running in 2024, which he legally could, one must consider that his stance on vaccines is potentially part of an election strategy. However, I'd guess he lacks that kind of foresight.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He has nothing to lose now by urging his followers to get vaccinated to help America end this pandemic tho.

Apparently he does -- he risks losing his followers.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Since he has not ruled out running in 2024, which he legally could, one must consider that his stance on vaccines is potentially part of an election strategy. However, I'd guess he lacks that kind of foresight.
Still to early to say anything about that. The democrats should worry about the 2022 midterms. The republicans will be making a lot of hay out of the afghanistan debacle.

If things follow the current trajectory, I expect at least one of the chambers to switch red.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My crystal ball must have been working pretty well that day.

Donald Trump booed at Alabama rally after encouraging his supporters to get vaccinated against COVID-19, video shows

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you've got to do what you've got to do," Trump said to the crowd. "But I recommend that you take the vaccines."

The former president then told his supporters that the vaccines are "good" and once again encouraged them to get a shot.

"You've got your freedoms," Trump responded to the jeers. "But I happened to take the vaccine."

This suggestion was met with boos, as can be heard in a video shared by Vox journalist Aaron Rupar.

Lol.. watch the video..its NOTHING like the left again is painting it to be. Man that guy is NOT the president yet.. the left and others keep him in the news. A fact that has always been true.. ANY PRESS is good press.

Did we notice anything here? President TRUMP telling people to get the vaccine...its still your choice. That is NOT what this is about.. its about BOOED

WOW! No matter what that man does.. "A he told them they should get the vaccine is not that a good thing?... He got BOOED!" He hahaha wow.. Yet listen to it I did.. some did most didnt. Some cheered...what happened before that.. what happened after? Ooh that won't be talked about lol

Upvote 0