Does God love you?

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
This thread is asking if God loves you.

Jesus says he loves those who keep his commandments.

Do you keep God’s Commandments?

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Hi,

I think even Paul implied that he still sinned.
I still sin.
I know a boy, who Jesus personally talked to. I was told he is still capable of sinning.

Yes, your passages are correct, but so is what Paul said about himself.
Yes, there are other passages that bring out the point, that sin does not stop until that too is destroyed by God.

If you don't sin anymore, and I have heard that might be the condition for some people after Jesus left us, when He was the only one we can prove never sinned Biblically, then not only fine, but hoorah.

I'd love to not sin anymore. I'd love to be totally holy, whatever that means. I would love to have Jesus give me the power He gave the Apostles, but not in my present state of affairs. I still sin.

I am pleased if you don't, but if you are using just those passages to convince yourself that you are no sinner, rather than being a blessed person who does not sin, then that is hurtful to you, and quite distressing to you.

In my case, and this is all documented and checked, after a significant lets say God encounter to make this simple, I figured to myself, that I would sin no more. It didn't happen.

Paul may have mentioned that, and if he did, remember He saw Jessus.

I understand your passages, but are there not other passages that apply also?

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hi,

I think even Paul implied that he still sinned.
I still sin.
I know a boy, who Jesus personally talked to. I was told he is still capable of sinning.

Yes, your passages are correct, but so is what Paul said about himself.
Yes, there are other passages that bring out the point, that sin does not stop until that too is destroyed by God.

If you don't sin anymore, and I have heard that might be the condition for some people after Jesus left us, when He was the only one we can prove never sinned Biblically, then not only fine, but hoorah.

I'd love to not sin anymore. I'd love to be totally holy, whatever that means. I would love to have Jesus give me the power He gave the Apostles, but not in my present state of affairs. I still sin.

I am pleased if you don't, but if you are using just those passages to convince yourself that you are no sinner, rather than being a blessed person who does not sin, then that is hurtful to you, and quite distressing to you.

In my case, and this is all documented and checked, after a significant lets say God encounter to make this simple, I figured to myself, that I would sin no more. It didn't happen.

Paul may have mentioned that, and if he did, remember He saw Jessus.

I understand your passages, but are there not other passages that apply also?

LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
You are talking about the Paul that said the following?

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Paul in Romans seven was talking about how difficult it was to not sin before receiving the Holy Spirit.

If that was not true then Paul must have gotten a revelation right after writing Romans seven.

In Romans eight Paul tells us just how easy it is to never sin again.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

If a person truly has, and allows the Holy Spirit to teach them, then they will receive the grace and knowledge to never sin again.

Again to love God one has to keep his Commandments.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Notice the Father in Heaven, and Jesus will love those who keep God’s Word. Does that not say the Father in Heaven will not love those who do not keep his Word?

Well, from a solo scriptura standpoint .. perhaps it would, and perhaps one could form an atheistic thesis from a particular proverb that says there is no god.

However, the main idea of scripture is to love others as God has loved you .. and that we love because God loved us first .. now what it says about our first state is that we are naturally opposed to God and his ways .. but while we were yet sinners he died for us .. so yeah .. i'd say God loves us.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well, from a solo scriptura standpoint .. perhaps it would, and perhaps one could form an atheistic thesis from a particular proverb that says there is no god.

However, the main idea of scripture is to love others as God has loved you .. and that we love because God loved us first .. now what it says about our first state is that we are naturally opposed to God and his ways .. but while we were yet sinners he died for us .. so yeah .. i'd say God loves us.
Jesus said that he and the Father love those who keep his Commandments.

Jesus even denies knowing those who do not live the will of the Father in Heaven.

But your understanding of what scripture is saying makes what Jesus said wrong, is that not right?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said that he and the Father love those who keep his Commandments.

Jesus even denies knowing those who do not live the will of the Father in Heaven.

But your understanding of what scripture is saying makes what Jesus said wrong, is that not right?

Perhaps it is simply making your interpretation incorrect. The bible must be read in context, and when there is a conflict of interpretation, the weightier matters instruct the reader how to lean.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Perhaps it is simply making your interpretation incorrect. The bible must be read in context, and when there is a conflict of interpretation, the weightier matters instruct the reader how to lean.
What else can you say?

By the way Jesus/Holy Spirit has been teaching me personally for almost forty years. I have read all of scripture that matters.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What else can you say?

By the way Jesus/Holy Spirit has been teaching me personally for almost forty years. I have read all of scripture that matters.

The main thing to remember when learning is that God teaches the best stuff to children, so always strive to be like them.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The main thing to remember when learning is that God teaches the best stuff to children, so always strive to be like them.
Well what you say has no scripture confirmation. Except if one is talking about a born again Christian. You could be right.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s”

A born again person is begotten by God, and is a Child of God’s.

Notice that a Child of God does not sin, and not sinning means one is keeping God’s Commandments.

Jesus says he loves those who keep his Commandments.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
And on we go with the dodging and redundancy.
winking0010.gif

To answer the question, nobody keeps God's commandments,
at least not to the degree the bible seems to consider
acceptable. If commandment-keeping were what it was all
about, Jesus could've saved himself the trouble of dying for
the world.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”
Notice it says they will never inherit the kingdom of
God. It says nothing about them not residing therein.
Not all residents of a kingdom are automatically inheritors
thereof.

Anyone can come on here and claim anything. We don't know
for certain that this is true. If it is true, what I know of God
leaves me expecting anyone who has truly interacted with
Him to come away with a far more potent message to the
world than what amounts to a simple "Jesus loves me because
I'm perfect and not you, so there!"
happy0161.gif

-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
To answer the question, nobody keeps God's commandments,
at least not to the degree the bible seems to consider
acceptable. If commandment-keeping were what it was all
about, Jesus could've saved himself the trouble of dying for
the world.
Scripture says you are wrong.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s”

So if one sins he or she is not keeping God’s Commandments.

(Matthew 5:48) “Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

Jesus said he loves those who keep his Commandments.

That is a simple way to know if God loves one or not. All one needs to recognize is if he or she sins.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Good morning John.

The Way to know God loves you is because He sent His only begotten Son to die for you. He is the Way, The Truth and the Life.

Zip
Jesus said he loves those who keep his Commandments.

That is a simple way to know if God loves one or not. All one needs to recognize is if he or she sins.

God makes a home in those who keep his Commandments, and it is God who keeps him or her righteous.

God in him or her is makes it so we are Children of God’s. So it is God in those who are Children of God that has defeated Satan/sin.

As a Child of God Satan/sin can’t ever corrupt them again. A Spiritual Christian is God’s Child. Satan knows that and his ways are useless around God’s Children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I did not interpret any scripture. Scripture did not need any interpretation
Of course you did. Everyone interprets scripture.
In fact, individual perception influences about 90% of
what one sees as 'reality', and scripture is included in that.
Why else would there be 30,000 denominations within
Christianity? ◔‿◔

-

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Of course you did. Everyone interprets scripture.
In fact, individual perception influences about 90% of
what one sees as 'reality', and scripture is included in that.
Why else would there be 30,000 denominations within
Christianity? ◔‿◔

-
It seem to me that for you to keep believing what you want to believe you need to find a way to ignore what the written Word of God says.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
It seem to me that for you to keep believing what you want to believe you need to find a way to ignore what the written Word of God says.
If you need to believe that in order to keep believing what you
want to believe, more power to you! :oldthumbsup:

I would think that someone who claims to have been
personally coached by Jesus for 40 years would have far
better things to do right now than lurk on internet forums
engaging in debates over who God does—and does not—
love. That right there is something of a red flag, imo.

So please forgive me if I take what you post with a large
grain of salt.

Upvote 0